What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
What sort of improvement would you expect to see in mirage, which is already not there w.r.t being a bomb truck ?
Aircrafts is already been overhauled and being maintained.
The potential improvements to the mirages have been discussed to the death on this particular thread. However, PAF had made a conscious decision not to upgrade them beyond a certain point, and they must have valid reasons for doing so.

Father of Modern PAF , man of Vision

1617458939630.png

Father of Modern PAF , man of Vision

View attachment 730728
Yara.
Please dont put people on pedestals and start worshiping them. He did the work he came to do. We are grateful but we need to move on beyond that.
One of the ayemma probably Imam As Shaafai when praised in his presence said"if you knew my mistakes you would stone me to death". So while we are grateful to the ACM we need to move on.
A

Yara.
Please dont put people on pedestals and start worshiping them. He did the work he came to do. We are grateful but we need to move on beyond that.
One of the ayemma probably Imam As Shaafai when praised in his presence said"if you knew my mistakes you would stone me to death". So while we are grateful to the ACM we need to move on.
A
He was a great visionary. Unfortunately, we don't have an independent think tank dedicated to air warfare, like in the US, where we could utilize the skills and experience of people like him.

The potential improvements to the mirages have been discussed to the death on this particular thread. However, PAF had made a conscious decision not to upgrade them beyond a certain point, and they must have valid reasons for doing so.
Brother
if you had read my post, you would have understood that i was implying that as a bomb truck, which is gona remain for limited time, it doesn't need upgradation.

Also even if a subject has been debated previously doesn't mean it should not be debated again if it's done with good manners and to improve upon our ideas/solutions.

Not many aircraft can replace the old faithful Mirages in their Bomb Truck role.
Here the type is carrying 10 CBU as well as two sidewinders and two drop tanks.

View attachment 730088

We at least need latest gen IR AAM like IRS-T or ASRAAM (50km range max) with HMS if not HMD, it will boost fighting capabilities of all PAF fighter birds including Mirages and F-7PGs.

He was a great visionary. Unfortunately, we don't have an independent think tank dedicated to air warfare, like in the US, where we could utilize the skills and experience of people like him.
What has he done which is his own thought? A lot of decisions become pertinent with time as the facilities evolve. The real visionary was Mushaf Mir who by the simple act of decoupling avionics from engine made the whole journey of JFT Possible. You might say that Air university was Sohail Aman's baby but really what has actually been done that has made his tenure so amazing for you.
The tendency I am trying to point out is to put every new thing that is done as a visionary act in spite of the fact that the people behind it might be totally different. This is all a team effort. Sohail Amaan was a good presenter in my view who highlighted efforts which had become a necessity.
He did his job well and I have great respect for him but I dont believe in people taking whole and sole credit for a team effort.
I hole you are understanding my point of view.
Regards
A
We at least need latest gen IR AAM like IRS-T or ASRAAM (50km range max) with HMS if not HMD, it will boost fighting capabilities of all PAF fighter birds including Mirages and F-7PGs.
It might be easier to integrate a Chinese missile like PL10E on the mirages. But then make an effort of 2-3yrs on a platform which is only going to be with us for 10 years and only has 5 HPs 2 of which are almost permanently occupied with drop tanks. The M3/5 may already have found its niche. I can point out that the IAF also utilized its M2kH fleet for the 26/02. Is there a trend and is there a reason for it?
I think it is worth a thought.
A

What has he done which is his own thought? A lot of decisions become pertinent with time as the facilities evolve. The real visionary was Mushaf Mir who by the simple act of decoupling avionics from engine made the whole journey of JFT Possible. You might say that Air university was Sohail Aman's baby but really what has actually been done that has made his tenure so amazing for you.
The tendency I am trying to point out is to put every new thing that is done as a visionary act in spite of the fact that the people behind it might be totally different. This is all a team effort. Sohail Amaan was a good presenter in my view who highlighted efforts which had become a necessity.
He did his job well and I have great respect for him but I dont believe in people taking whole and sole credit for a team effort.
I hole you are understanding my point of view.
Regards
A

It might be easier to integrate a Chinese missile like PL10E on the mirages. But then make an effort of 2-3yrs on a platform which is only going to be with us for 10 years and only has 5 HPs 2 of which are almost permanently occupied with drop tanks. The M3/5 may already have found its niche. I can point out that the IAF also utilized its M2kH fleet for the 26/02. Is there a trend and is there a reason for it?
I think it is worth a thought.
A
You make your point well.
Brother
if you had read my post, you would have understood that i was implying that as a bomb truck, which is gona remain for limited time, it doesn't need upgradation.

Also even if a subject has been debated previously doesn't mean it should not be debated again if it's done with good manners and to improve upon our ideas/solutions.
True, I mean if it serves to invent the wheel again, then it's fine to go over the same points, otherwise, some very knowledgeable folks have made their points of views known on this thread.

clearly jf-17 out ranges mirages , at least confirmed in maritime role but spoken to few who said as rd-93 is more fuel efficient out classes fuel guzzler atra 9c by hundred of miles /km

can Pakistan replace the engine in its mirages with a more fuel efficient engine and more powerful engine?

can Pakistan replace the engine in its mirages with a more fuel efficient engine and more powerful engine?
Simple answer, yes but with modifications............ This thread has over 4400 posts and all conceivable questions have been answered already. Please just go back and check.

True, I mean if it serves to invent the wheel again, then it's fine to go over the same points, otherwise, some very knowledgeable folks have made their points of views known on this thread.
Brother you are welcomed to refrain from indulging in it and others have the right to discuss however they want it, till it's not off topic.
Jazāk Allāhu Khayran 😊

This is all possible with basic HMS; but there was a decision not to use them because these birds were to be for strike only. However your point on PGs - as they are to be replaced with JF17s; - as I have said over and over again - not having HMD/S on JF-17 was a folly and it is hoped it is there for Blk3. With AESA + HMDS - this bird has reached its target of completion in overall functionality.

This is all possible with basic HMS; but there was a decision not to use them because these birds were to be for strike only. However your point on PGs - as they are to be replaced with JF17s; - as I have said over and over again - not having HMD/S on JF-17 was a folly and it is hoped it is there for Blk3. With AESA + HMDS - this bird has reached its target of completion in overall functionality.

My point is that, all those birds who carry IR AAMs must have latest one with HMS/HMD to get most out of them also will allow them better chance to tackle the enemy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom