What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
While on Mirage Conversion, Mont-de-Marsan, France, Jan '1968

1617153465492.png

Not many aircraft can replace the old faithful Mirages in their Bomb Truck role.
Agree, we have more than 150 of them plus some more in reserve. Hopefully we will get the Egyptian Horus as well. Can anyone count the number of bombs laden on this Bomb truck?
1617359591425.png

(This Mirage 5 may not be ours at the time the picture was taken, maybe joined our inventory later as we are the only global collectors!)

Last edited:
I think the time is right for paf to invest and upgrade 4 full mirage squadrons as a dedicated deep strike platform. I don't see them going away for next 10 years. To maintain 20 squadrons, paf need 4 full deep strike mirage squadrons complemented by 4 full f16 squadrons as we have today plus 12 JFT squadrons. Looking at this picture paf should think of rose5 upgrade to 82 mirage 5 available currently mirage5f, mirage pa, pa2 and pa3.

I think the time is right for paf to invest and upgrade 4 full mirage squadrons as a dedicated deep strike platform. I don't see them going away for next 10 years. To maintain 20 squadrons, paf need 4 full deep strike mirage squadrons complemented by 4 full f16 squadrons as we have today plus 12 JFT squadrons. Looking at this picture paf should think of rose5 upgrade to 82 mirage 5 available currently mirage5f, mirage pa, pa2 and pa3.
What sort of improvement would you expect to see in mirage, which is already not there w.r.t being a bomb truck ?
Aircrafts is already been overhauled and being maintained.

What sort of improvement would you expect to see in mirage, which is already not there w.r.t being a bomb truck ?
Aircrafts is already been overhauled and being maintained.
Good question

I am driving , will post my details

Q. Why mirage 3 & 5 still serving in the PAF?........
Ans. majboori ka naam shukriya

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom