What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
I think Swiss Mirages are available that can be bought easily :)
Mirage IIIs & Mirage Vs are the premium strike package of PAF.

PAF should upgrade all of them to a standard where they all have the air-refueling capabilities and be able to carry out night strike missions easily.

Mirage IIIs & Mirage Vs have the capability to strike in India and especially on the Western side of Pakistan. As tensions are escalating on both fronts, so keeping them ready is the best and the only option for PAF.

Last edited:

PAF should upgrade all of them to a standard where they all have the air-refueling capabilities and be able to carry out night strike missions easily.

Mirage IIIs & Mirage Vs have the capability to strike in India and especially on the Western side of Pakistan. As tensions are escalating on both fronts, so keeping them ready is the best and the only option for PAF.
Each Mirage have gone through overhauls multiple times now. They have served us more then there capabilities of frames life. Our pilots are our asset and sons of nation. .. so time to phase them out slowly arrived

Does anyone have any pics of all of the different camouflage schemes employed by the mirages since their arrival in pakistan?

At least one Mirage had (pre delivery?) the classic steel grey/red scheme with PAF markings, can't seem to find the picture right now.

Mirage IIIEP, IIIDP, IIIEP and later Mirage 5s were delivered in this standard two-tone green/grey above and sky blue below.
8.jpg

Mirage-IIIRP_training-mission.jpg
mirage3_101_paf.jpg

IMG_20201109_100623.jpg

mirage-5pa3_pakaf_454.jpg

Later Mirage 5 ROSE 2, ROSE 3 and ex-LARAF Mirage 5s also got this scheme.
Night-Strike_eagles_Mirages-bombs.jpg
Mirage-III-1024x683.jpg

ex-RAAF Mirages were delivered, and served for a time, in their original paint schemes before being upgraded to ROSE I.
Mirage_A3_2_as_PAF_90_502.jpg

16.jpg

Some ex-RAAF airframes also got the grey/green/blue scheme for a short time.
PAFMirageIIIPA01.jpg

Post ROSE I, the ex-RAAF Mirages adopted a low viz two-tone grey. Some Mirage IIIDPs and the ex-LAF Mirage IIIELs and IIIDLs also got this paint scheme.
168402_10150132763175020_605340019_8313490_914705_n1.jpg

M5_PAF_907.jpg
d66b53a3194febeb8b0ccc41ada3b81cdf1361efv2_hq.jpg

Egyptian Mirages were also available,the issue is permission from France

At least one Mirage had (pre delivery?) the classic steel grey/red scheme with PAF markings, can't seem to find the picture right now.

Mirage IIIEP, IIIDP, IIIEP and later Mirage 5s were delivered in this standard two-tone green/grey above and sky blue below.
View attachment 686949
View attachment 686970View attachment 686969
View attachment 686971
View attachment 686977

Later Mirage 5 ROSE 2, ROSE 3 and ex-LARAF Mirage 5s also got this scheme.
View attachment 686972View attachment 686973

ex-RAAF Mirages were delivered, and served for a time, in their original paint schemes before being upgraded to ROSE I.
View attachment 686979
View attachment 686952

Some ex-RAAF airframes also got the grey/green/blue scheme for a short time.
View attachment 686956

Post ROSE I, the ex-RAAF Mirages adopted a low viz two-tone grey. Some Mirage IIIDPs and the ex-LAF Mirage IIIELs and IIIDLs also got this paint scheme.
View attachment 686954
View attachment 686974View attachment 686975
Thank you

8.jpg
I believe they were made in early 1970s?

There is for re-export. Egyptian Mirages were modernized significantly, carrying modern French gear, i.e RC-400.

Was given the greenlight from france after lobbying btw
I heard that Egypt was considering further upgrades but it’s now unlikely. The French are probably not going to oppose the deal. Can Pakistan overhaul it’s Mirage III/V engines?

I believe they were made in early 1970s?

I heard that Egypt was considering further upgrades but it’s now unlikely. The French are probably not going to oppose the deal. Can Pakistan overhaul it’s Mirage III/V engines?

You cant really upgrade them further, besides, they are far too old now to be economical to upgrade again. Yes, Pakistan can, Mirage Rebuild Factory does.
1605138279605.png

My question to all those with contacts in the PAF is this, since we won't be parting with the mirages anytime soon. How come we have not picked up the Swiss mirages yet, perhaps to be put into active service, if they have any life left in them?

My question to all those with contacts in the PAF is this, since we won't be parting with the mirages anytime soon. How come we have not picked up the Swiss mirages yet, perhaps to be put into active service, if they have any life left in them?
You answered it yourself...no life left. They were operational from 1964-2003.

Back
Top Bottom