What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
My question to all those with contacts in the PAF is this, since we won't be parting with the mirages anytime soon. How come we have not picked up the Swiss mirages yet, perhaps to be put into active service, if they have any life left in them?
I think it will going to happen soon.

I'm sure PAF might be planning to give Mirages an upgrade package that will allow all of the mirages to launch Stand-Off weapons (H-2, H-4, H-6, Raad, and others) effectively with the help of PAC & some EU partners.
Egyptian Mirages were also available,the issue is permission from France

I guess the process has already started and some 30+ arrived and may be more arriving soon.

Let's see if PAF will be open to acquire M-2000s from Egypt & Qatar.
Each Mirage have gone through overhauls multiple times now. They have served us more then there capabilities of frames life. Our pilots are our asset and sons of nation. .. so time to phase them out slowly arrived

Let's see if PAF can bring some new aircraft but it will take some time. I am sure PAF will use them as strike elements in the West & on Eastern borders soon.

Grippen E/F & EF-2000s are options along with Mirage-2000s from Egypt, Qatar, UAE, and may be some from South America that can be brought an upgraded to new standards.
Mirage III & V operators:

This could help PAF to keep the fleet up and running
Mirage-2000 with Upgrades:

I guess there are about approx. 450-500 Mirage-2000s still flying and PAF can easily start looking to acquire them in smaller numbers from friendly countries like:

• Egypt
  • Qatar
  • Peru
  • Brazil
  • Greece (as they are already getting Rafaels)
  • Taiwan
  • UAE (if they opt for Rafaels)
  • France
Specs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Mirage_2000#Specifications_(Mirage_2000)

6.3 Tons of Payload

Last edited:
I think Swiss Mirages are available that can be bought easily :)
Mirage IIIs & Mirage Vs are the premium strike package of PAF.

PAF should upgrade all of them to a standard where they all have the air-refueling capabilities and be able to carry out night strike missions easily.

Mirage IIIs & Mirage Vs have the capability to strike in India and especially on the Western side of Pakistan. As tensions are escalating on both fronts, so keeping them ready is the best and the only option for PAF.
i Think PAF have enough to keep going them till 2030
because we are reducing there numbers too slowly wit more JF-17s coming in

I'm sure PAF might be planning to give Mirages an upgrade package that will allow all of the mirages to launch Stand-Off weapons (H-2, H-4, H-6, Raad, and others) effectively with the help of PAC & some EU partners.

I guess the process has already started and some 30+ arrived and may be more arriving soon.

Let's see if PAF can bring some new aircraft but it will take some time. I am sure PAF will use them as strike elements in the West & on Eastern borders soon.

Grippen E/F & EF-2000s are options along with Mirage-2000s from Egypt, Qatar, UAE, and may be some from South America that can be brought an upgraded to new standards.

I guess there are about approx. 450-500 Mirage-2000s still flying and PAF can easily start looking to acquire them in smaller numbers from friendly countries like:

• Egypt
  • Qatar
  • Peru
  • Brazil
  • Taiwan
  • France
Specs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Mirage_2000#Specifications_(Mirage_2000)

6.3 Tons of Payload
Mirage 2000 is flying with India. Even if we induct them, IAF will better PAF due to prior experience etc. PAF has planned to get rid of our Mirages within this decade. They have served us well and now are in the last stages of their usefulness.

Mirage 2000 is flying with India. Even if we induct them, IAF will better PAF due to prior experience etc. PAF has planned to get rid of our Mirages within this decade. They have served us well and now are in the last stages of their usefulness.

No one is better with Mirages. M-2000 is just an upgraded version.
No such thing happened and will not happen... please stop guessing.
How?
i Think PAF have enough to keep going them till 2030
because we are reducing there numbers too slowly wit more JF-17s coming in

I think J-10s will be used for replacement.

If rumors about 100% airframe manufacturing facility for JF-17 shifted and available at PAC is correct than we may expect a twin engine, scaled up, semi stealth version of JF-17 Block 4.

Its not correct, i have been asked this before and looked into it. PAC does NOT manufacture any more of the Airframe than it did before. There is also nothing to suggest this uprated JF-17 will be a thing. It is not as easy as it is being made out to be. Especially in the light of imminent procurement of a platform from abroad to take over the offensive BVR role.

• Egypt
  • Qatar
  • Peru
  • Brazil
  • Taiwan
  • France

6.3 Tons of Payload
only if the french are ready to support them..

are they?
NO

Half a century later i am still HANDSOME and DEADLY.
1605902345663.png

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom