What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
View attachment 638136View attachment 638137

I hear some mirages are coming to Pk from Egypt. The C130 in these pics probably carrying them.

Gonna be a great addition, and lethal in the hands of PAF, henna na?

Images taken from Plane Spotters Pakistan forum on Facebook, photo credits on the pics.

PK zindabad, PAF paindabad!!!

Is this confirmed? I thought the deal was stalled because of a lack of brown envelopes. I was just looking through some other countries that could sell theirs:

1. Switzerland - 50 retired and in storage. They also have production tooling
2. Venezuela - in need of cash and have 20 in storage
3. Peru - 20 (?) in storage
4. Chile - 30 (?) in storage
5. Brazil - 20 (?) in storage
6. Belgium ??
7. Argentina - 50 (??) in storage

Is this confirmed? I thought the deal was stalled because of a lack of brown envelopes. I was just looking through some other countries that could sell theirs:

6. Belgium ??
It will be an excellent news if we have started to receive HORUS. Mirages are a very reliable and potent platform, even if we get a 100 more at a price of a missile each ,its something we will not regret.
upload_2020-6-4_11-15-40.jpeg
images
upload_2020-6-4_11-19-46.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-4_11-18-48.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-4_11-18-48.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 54
Any update on Egyptians Mirages in actual , when thay will land ? Or deal is still stuck

It will be an excellent news if we have started to receive HORUS. Mirages are a very reliable and potent platform, even if we get a 100 more at a price of a missile each ,its something we will not regret.
View attachment 638259
images
View attachment 638262
Sir what additional feature Horus have then pakistani Rose mirages 5

6. Belgium ??

Can you please explain this term? "brown envelopes"

View attachment 638259
images
View attachment 638262

They are the most effective bombing/strike platform in PAF fleet. 4 tons or 5 tons of bombs can be loaded and Air refueling can be added easily on these to make them reach the target and then come back home safely.

Mirage IIIs/Vs are not only good for our Eastern front wars but unfortunately on the Western front wars that we might, unfortunately, going to see in the near future.
(I wish it won't going to happen in any front - Amen)

Can you please explain this term? "brown envelopes"

They are the most effective bombing/strike platform in PAF fleet. 4 tons or 5 tons of bombs can be loaded and Air refueling can be added easily on these to make them reach the target and then come back home safely.

Mirage IIIs/Vs are not only good for our Eastern front wars but unfortunately on the Western front wars that we might, unfortunately, going to see in the near future.
(I wish it won't going to happen in any front - Amen)

Its a classified term... you may need to ask your PAF buddies about it.
I see the silver lining on the clouds coming - Iran has been creating endless problems and if the West defangs them, Pak should make sure that the Western front gets a lasting settlement that solves the problem permanently.

Its a classified term... you may need to ask your PAF buddies about it.
I see the silver lining on the clouds coming - Iran has been creating endless problems and if the West defangs them, Pak should make sure that the Western front gets a lasting settlement that solves the problem permanently.
Now my theory is totally different. If the focus is the oil money of the kingdoms and continuing sales of armaments to nations who in times of war may not have the time or even inclination and training to use them, then what better argument than to create a focus to scare them with. And if this theory is correct then till such time there is money to be gained why remove that thorn in the side.
For Paklands the focus should be on fencing the border +/- mining it and leaving all the festering hatred on that side. Any flying objects are an open announcement of hostilities which frankly Iranians wont be stupid enough to do as they have already been warned of rapid and crippling response from this side. If that happens we can look at creating a buffer zone inSistan and the world will have no option but to accept our version of events. However all said and done let's hope sanity prevails on both sides. We can establish a barter system of trade and mutually benefit from each other's markets without the curse of smuggling.

So it seems Horus is not coming to PAF (based on a senior member's post). I think the last shot at it should be handed to the civilian administration; PM Imran Khan has a very good working relationship with MBS. Perhaps this is something he can help with.

If we are going there, I suggest ask for all the Mirages not just the Horus. Buy the entire lot.

So it seems Horus is not coming to PAF (based on a senior member's post). I think the last shot at it should be handed to the civilian administration; PM Imran Khan has a very good working relationship with MBS. Perhaps this is something he can help with.

If we are going there, I suggest ask for all the Mirages not just the Horus. Buy the entire lot.
Let us see- there is a lot of yes/no on EAF M birds.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom