What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
I would beg to differ on this, though not likes of USA/European But a lot has changed & is bearing fruits for PAF & will do so in coming years. Still, I agree, there is much more to be changed & adapted to.
...... this momentum has to continue, because the adversary is getting the full support of the greatest technological powers of today. PAF will be tested in the coming days, and we should always keep them in our prayers.

Last edited:
...... this momentum has to continue, because the adversary is getting the full support of the greatest technological powers of today. PAF will be tested in the coming days, and we should always keep them in our prayers.

Agreed brother, agreed.

Mirage-III (Ex-Labenese).

© Awais Lali

1618776598957.png

I made really good friends with your late Rab Nawaz - he was ambassador posted in Dar in 1982 - I was invited by him and his wife. Stayed with him at their residence. Amazing guy. We spent a lot of time discussing into the night; one thing was very clear at the time - our fleet of aircrafts were very similar - the need was very much the same; at the time, i mentioned to him HMS system and radio comms we had pioneered and on our aircraft. He looked totally baffled, I explained how the head on the seeker was slaved to the helmet. I remember his words - my boy if we had this in our aircraft we could turn tables on anyone. I was still working on a new IP for telemetry at the time; just in passing had mentioned how much of a use it could have had. He kept saying noone tells us what new frontiers we can go into - it was very much a closed mindset towards what the French or Americans would pass along. Casing point to complete independence in R&D.

Anyway, great life long friendships - met his son who later passed away in the air crash. Still have his book - Journey Thru Pakistan - when he found it was done my late friend M.Amin, he was even surprised. I had lost touch with him in 1992.
A/Cdr Rab Nawaz? Was he Air Defence?

A/Cdr Rab Nawaz? Was he Air Defence?
Yes. I think if my memory serves me, he showed me around 20 types of aircraft he had flown; he said his best were sea fury and f-86.

This is him. I am surprised to see him on indian site. It would be great to get his biography. Amazing gentleman, an honour to have been his guest and friend.

Last edited:
Yes. I think if my memory serves me, he showed me around 20 types of aircraft he had flown; he said his best were sea fury and f-86.

This is him. I am surprised to see him on indian site. It would be great to get his biography. Amazing gentleman, an honour to have been his guest and friend.

Any reason we are linking to BR? It's a horrid Islamaphobic site.

Amazing looking fighter. Aboslute legend in PAF
1618947570856.png

But the airframe and design is looking tired

With the Thunders replacing F7 what is the plan replacing these.

Ideally surely a european bird to keep western chinease mix

Back
Top Bottom