What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
FB_IMG_1597144988552.jpg

I recall there was some news on PDF about avionics upgrade of Mirages..any update on that?

Seems too late, what will any upgrade conceivably give us that a new Block III JF-17 cannot?

Why upgrade airframes that are now many years old (even used ones we have purchased)?

We only have 4 front line Mirage units left, 2 of which may well be retired in the next year or so.

Any decent upgrade to get these planes above ROSE I/II/III standard would by definition be very expensive and may require a more powerful engine.

Mirage has done sterling service for PAF, I would rate it's impact on our air force only behind that of F-86 and F-16, however soon time to say goodbye to this faithful bird....

Seems too late, what will any upgrade conceivably give us that a new Block III JF-17 cannot?

Why upgrade airframes that are now many years old (even used ones we have purchased)?

We only have 4 front line Mirage units left, 2 of which may well be retired in the next year or so.

Any decent upgrade to get these planes above ROSE I/II/III standard would by definition be very expensive and may require a more powerful engine.

Mirage has done sterling service for PAF, I would rate it's impact on our air force only behind that of F-86 and F-16, however soon time to say goodbye to this faithful bird....
IIRC there's a bid for a new glass cockpit (in the Mirages), but don't know of anything more than that.

My guess is f7 pg and f7s(4 squardons) will go first
Leaving behind 4 mirage ROSE or mirage 5 till 2030 atleast
So cockpit upgrade might be due

Now if PAF can get few squardons of f16s and j10s then ofcourse this project will be scrapped

My guess is f7 pg and f7s(4 squardons) will go first
Leaving behind 4 mirage ROSE or mirage 5 till 2030 atleast
So cockpit upgrade might be due

Now if PAF can get few squardons of f16s and j10s then ofcourse this project will be scrapped

F-7s I think are gone from the frontline. I think PGs are only around 20 years old and with Grifo radars, I would be surprised if we retired these, but then Mirage is a brilliant ground attack/strike plane still, something PG simply cannot do

Back
Top Bottom