What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Guidance flightpaths are either preset or variable, the latter could be either pursuit flightpaths or constant with and w/o bearing and then more advanced proportional navig.

@MastanKhan
Guidance flightpaths are either preset or variable, the latter could be either pursuit flightpaths or constant with and w/o bearing and then more advanced proportional navig. in our use.

Hi,

That is what I thought---.

Folks had brought this up a bunch of times, but the Raptor III would be an interesting addition. It seems to have an air-breathing engine, so it could be a hybrid between a glide-based SOW and ALCM.

Long-range-Raptor-III-goes-on-display-_AAD143_.jpg

https://www.janes.com/article/43441/long-range-raptor-iii-goes-on-display-aad143

there is a big core module which is key in these which makes it impossible to break in heavy ECM environments. Same core technology is the backbone of zalink comms systems. It was a very simple idea yet foolproof.
It brings smile to me when i get such feedback; work put in 30+yrs back which was then built upon for other applications has paid big dividends for the clients.

corn flakes? you must be joking; this is exactly the situation in Egypt where parallel industries are in play and that is where their leadership goes when retired from EA. Absolutely corruption to its core.

Thank you @denel

I have always respected you & read your posts with great interest. Your expertise is far above self-styled experts here at PDF. Pakistan Air Force has an ally in South Africa.

Thank you @denel

I have always respected you & read your posts with great interest. Your expertise is far above self-styled experts here at PDF. Pakistan Air Force has an ally in South Africa.
But I think we've been slow to the uptake. Granted, there's the Indian influence, but you also have a native counter-force (as evidenced by @denel himself) that we don't see often.

At some point, we might need to come to terms with the reality that our side just isn't doing as good a job as it could be, esp. when South Africa signed a MoU with us in 2017 to, word-for-word, “acquisition of defence equipment as well as cooperation in Research and Development (R&D), Transfer of Technology, Co-production/Joint Ventures in public as well as private sector.”

But I think we've been slow to the uptake. Granted, there's the Indian influence, but you also have a native counter-force (as evidenced by @denel himself) that we don't see often.

At some point, we might need to come to terms with the reality that our side just isn't doing as good a job as it could be, esp. when South Africa signed a MoU with us in 2017 to, word-for-word, “acquisition of defence equipment as well as cooperation in Research and Development (R&D), Transfer of Technology, Co-production/Joint Ventures in public as well as private sector.”
Bilal especially after the GUpta saga, the indian influence is no more; there is absolute hate and contempt for any word India Indians; we must keep in mind we have SA asian indians who are generations down who are part of this country and have no alliegence to their ancestoral home. There are many synergies between Pak and SA in terms of TOT and cooperation in many so many areas; again we must ensure it is engineering to engineering pollination as our SANDF resources are not affiliated or associated to our defence entities.

I was wondering what variants of the Mirage we were operating and how many of them have been upgraded?
I know the V PA3 were not part of ROSE, but what about the other ones we operated, III EP, V PA, V PA2, were these all upgraded to ROSE or was it only limited to ex-RAAF/LAF airframes.
Also do we still operate the III RP variant?

there is a big core module which is key in these which makes it impossible to break in heavy ECM environments. Same core technology is the backbone of zalink comms systems. It was a very simple idea yet foolproof.
It brings smile to me when i get such feedback; work put in 30+yrs back which was then built upon for other applications has paid big dividends for the clients.

corn flakes? you must be joking; this is exactly the situation in Egypt where parallel industries are in play and that is where their leadership goes when retired from EA. Absolutely corruption to its core.
No. That’s the Fauji Foundation, which is **not** part of the Army.

I was wondering what variants of the Mirage we were operating and how many of them have been upgraded?
I know the V PA3 were not part of ROSE, but what about the other ones we operated, III EP, V PA, V PA2, were these all upgraded to ROSE or was it only limited to ex-RAAF/LAF airframes.
Also do we still operate the III RP variant?
Originally ...
33 Mirage IIIEA Upgraded to ROSE-I with modern avionics and Grifo-M3 radars (mid to late 90s)
19 Mirage VEF were upgraded by Sagem to ROSE-II with updated Nav/Attack Systems (early 2000s)
14 Mirage VEF were later upgraded to ROSE-III with even more updated avionics & FLIR (for specialized night attack capabilities)
After that no news has come out in the general public domain about up-gradations of more Mirages.

No. That’s the Fauji Foundation, which is **not** part of the Army.

Tell that to the people running fauji foundation. U think civilians run this or ex military?

Oscar has suggested many mirages went through a ROSE like program but with local substitutes. This was not openly declared

Same problem has plagued HIT and the poor development of the AK. And KSEW. And Kamra it seems. Engineering projects should go to engineers not have interference from the military. These are not semi-retirement cushy jobs. They are not meant to be run like armed forces housing development projects.

Pak is one of those countries where the army has its own brand of corn flakes and handles weapons programs in the same way. Until we change this, no real progress is possible.

Sir, please don't comment on matters you don't know correctly. PA or it's serving personnel do not have any role in running Fauji Foundation projects., these projects though managed by retired high ranking officers as directors or chairman yet they are run operationally by thorough professionals whose details you may get from net. The projects are highly profitable a part from Fauji cereals.

Purpose of projects: To create funds for general welfare of the Pak Army and to support economically the families of Shaheeds or military guys who became disable during operational duties. Further they are big sources to contribute positively in ever shrinking economy of the country along with creation of thousands of job opportunities. Believe me I know better as I am serving in one such organisation, further with the economy going down the employees of these organisations have faced the consequences as many of their benefits are withdrawn even in profitable projects like Askari Bank Ltd and Fauji Fertilizers.

The current management is working to achieve maximum profits despite harsh conditions. Instead of criticizing one should suggest that organizations like WAPDA, Police and even PTCL should also be encouraged to start such foundations which shall contribute to wards welfare of their staff and retired persons. It's a fact that Pakistan Govt due to a number of reasons cannot afford to provide basics to regular tax payers like me so international standards do not apply here.

Back
Top Bottom