What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
Mirages are certainly setup well with new Digital Tools and Newer weapons, plus the Advance radars and Awacs now also give more awareness to the pilots

Would have been nice had we integrated Helmet based targeting available for Mirage but I would imagine CPU / Computer is a bit older in these planes
They were available but was not chosen. From SAAF's cheetah/F1/Mirage 3s programs - it was a done deal.
Yes, cpu/computer is completely obsolete by any standard.

Luckily the Missiles once fired they lock and take care of threat on their own which is something I appreciate

5ae5d08d73512.jpg

Last edited:
Well done ROSE Mirages.

Who would have thought that (almost) 50 year old Mirages will pull off something like the Brigade HQ attack, AND lure IAF jets into Pakistani territory. The shot IAF aircaft were chasing Mirages.
na kara bhai ....its near to unenviable news .... Mirage was leading the air to ground attack in IOK

Well done ROSE Mirages.

Who would have thought that (almost) 50 year old Mirages will pull off something like the Brigade HQ attack, AND lure IAF jets into Pakistani territory. The shot IAF aircaft were chasing Mirages.

Chak Bamu, can I ask what happened to the indian Brigade HQ, did it suffer damage?

Chak Bamu, can I ask what happened to the indian Brigade HQ, did it suffer damage?
Per available information, PAF did not attack Brigade HQ. It is said that it was targeted but munitions were not released on it. Instead munitions were dropped in open area to avoid extensive damage. The purpose was to give a message, not spread destruction. Some recent information indicates that the open ground was not so open after all - there were Indian troops present.

The purpose was dual - give a notice & bait IAF at the same time. Just the fact that Mirages did it is something to marvel at.

Luckily the Missiles once fired they lock and take care of threat on their own which is something I appreciate

5ae5d08d73512.jpg

That is one clean, mean killing machine!

Per available information, PAF did not attack Brigade HQ. It is said that it was targeted but munitions were not released on it. Instead munitions were dropped in open area to avoid extensive damage. The purpose was to give a message, not spread destruction. Some recent information indicates that the open ground was not so open after all - there were Indian troops present.

The purpose was dual - give a notice & bait IAF at the same time. Just the fact that Mirages did it is something to marvel at.

Mirages are the "Chupay Rustam" of PAF. God bless the flyboys.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom