What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
So you want to design a new aircraft basically. New airframe, engines, FBW ... might as well replace outdated avionics from 15 years ago to latest ones going in Thunder for commonality
Why not go for JFT-XL like F-16 XL.Having around 80% part sharing with JFT.

outdated avionics
If i am not wrong ROSE strike package is still better then or on par with JFT's.

Possibly for spares as paf still need to support 6 mirage squadrons of various roles fir some time

Pakistan is really extracting last of all the juice from these mirages

Mist of egyptian mirages are of mirage 5 varient

To clarify the EAF mirages are called mirage 5 but most of them are mirage 3e varient. This varient is used by PAF

I think paf should extract maximum value from these mirages in rose 1,2 and 3 format till 5 th gen fighter is inducted and then whynot

To clarify the EAF mirages are called mirage 5 but most of them are mirage 3e varient. This varient is used by PAF

I think paf should extract maximum value from these mirages in rose 1,2 and 3 format till 5 th gen fighter is inducted and then whynot
Depends on the condition of the aircraft. Unlike the other ex-Arab fighters we got that saw little to no use, Egyptians have been flying theirs for decades.
Actually I wonder if Egypt had been sending their aircraft to France for major overhauls or if they have some capability in house as well.

Why not go for JFT-XL like F-16 XL.Having around 80% part sharing with JFT.

If i am not wrong ROSE strike package is still better then or on par with JFT's.
Friend, you are coming to the party very late.

As we have spoken and narrated; the time to have transitioned all over into a new configuration/aircraft aka Cheetah is long over 18yrs back. M3/5 's era is long gone and needs to be put to a graveyard otherwise it is the pilots who will continue to pay the price for the lack of foresight by the govt/planners.

Depends on the condition of the aircraft. Unlike the other ex-Arab fighters we got that saw little to no use, Egyptians have been flying theirs for decades.
Actually I wonder if Egypt had been sending their aircraft to France for major overhauls or if they have some capability in house as well.
Egypt's capabilities in house are very limited friend.

You cannot extract value from a complete hodge podge mixtures of M3/5 variants. It is long obsolete.

They have some capabilities in house but not where PAC is. I highly doubted that any of there examples will be Inducted to PAF . May be few in good condition could be available to fill in few numbers but most of them will be reduced to spares

PAF operates 5 full mirage squadrons plus a CCS attachment. A pretty big number to support and operate

Friend, you are coming to the party very late.

As we have spoken and narrated; the time to have transitioned all over into a new configuration/aircraft aka Cheetah is long over 18yrs back. M3/5 's era is long gone and needs to be put to a graveyard otherwise it is the pilots who will continue to pay the price for the lack of foresight by the govt/planners.

Egypt's capabilities in house are very limited friend.

You cannot extract value from a complete hodge podge mixtures of M3/5 variants. It is long obsolete.

Mirage era in paf is coming to an end but a complete end is still 5 years away for sure

I believe mirage 5 rise 2/3 will continue for some time

IMG_2646.JPG

Rose 1 and 2

Mirages are certainly setup well with new Digital Tools and Newer weapons, plus the Advance radars and Awacs now also give more awareness to the pilots

Would have been nice had we integrated Helmet based targeting available for Mirage but I would imagine CPU / Computer is a bit older in these planes

According to Usman shabir PDF all our mirages currently flying are upgarded the old frame r retired and serves as gate keeper.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom