What's new

Can we move past the rivalry between India and Pakistan?

Jana, I think if peace were to break out between India and Pakistan, you would have nothing to write about.

Here's the problem right here. We're obsessed with the past, and focus on one-upmanship rather than look for solutions.

*sigh*

But then optimists will be optimists. I still have hope.

Roach the problem is if only Indians become realistic and stop bitching about even small purchases Pakistan make for its defence and stop thinking ways to break Pakistan We have NO issue with carrying India along.

If there is peace between the two then we would have much more to write about reforming the ills in both the countries.

Atleast we have nothing to be obsessed with past its India that still talk claim Partition was wrong, it should be reverse back and two-nation theory failed bla bla bla

As long as there are people with "jana-mentality" on both sides of the border, India & Pakistan cannot move past their rivalry.

Roach the problem is if only Indians become realistic and stop bitching about even small purchases Pakistan make for its defence and stop thinking ways to break Pakistan We have NO issue with carrying India along.

If there is peace between the two then we would have much more to write about reforming the ills in both the countries.

Atleast we have nothing to be obsessed with past its India that still talk claim Partition was wrong, it should be reverse back and two-nation theory failed bla bla bla

I don't begrudge Pakistan it's defense purchases- One must always negotiate from the strongest possible position. But then, I do not and cannot speak for all Indians. We have to seek out the sensible and logical people amongst us, and strengthen their voices and hands.

Partition happened. It's done, and an irrevocable part of the past. As to the two-nation theory, please refer to my previous posts. We need to move on.

Pakistan is located at the most strategic stretch of Asia as such it will always attract enemies. India and West has its eyes set on the resource rich central Asia through Pakistani corridor, Russians want access to warm waters and Arabia sea for trade and energy security, Chinese are at good terms with us so they can use all the corridors they want.

Out best bet is to have strong alliance with Russia and China to keep India and other "foreigners" in check!

The real cause of strain in Asia is India's dire desperate to reach its supposed glory and play super power in the region or at least be dominant in South Asia with all the countries bowing down to big brotha. Which is unacceptable to us and many other countries. Indian strategic goals have not evolved much from imperial mentality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom