What's new

Can India lead Asia?

Thanks but no Thanks. We neither have capability nor any Intention. This is fact. Good Luck to "China" if they want.

Our priority is to make our country better so that 1.21 Billion people will live with peace and standard of living should improve. We are doing that only and i am sure going forward things will improve more. Yes, We need to have very good defense so that any aggressive action by our Neighbor should be replied in same/better way. That's it.

At this point People here are tired of War and Frankly India or China can be the worlds Policeman, being the worlds policeman isn't all that great you end up having more people hating you, not to mention the responsibility and $$$$ or sustaining all of that, Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan prove that.

It isn't easy to being a superpower.

Why would the world need a 'policeman'? It just cause more problems.

At this point People here are tired of War and Frankly India or China can be the worlds Policeman, being the worlds policeman isn't all that great you end up having more people hating you, not to mention the responsibility and $$$$ or sustaining all of that, Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan prove that.

Do you seriously think they'd be any better than the USA?

Actually I don't know if many Americans would Agree, but I see China, India, Russia and Brazil as a good thing , then you guys can handle the conflicts and disputes in your Regions without the USA coming to save the day :usflag: .

Agree it's actually kind of foolish, but Nationalists in both countries won't understand that, history is always doomed to repeat itself.

Actually I don't know if many Americans would Agree, but I see China, India, Russia and Brazil as a good thing , then you guys can handle the conflicts and disputes in your Regions without the USA coming to save the day :usflag: .

I don't mind having groups of powerful countries like the UNSC. Although, the veto thing is kinda unfair.

Competition from BRICS and SCO is a good thing.

The USA being a caped superhero or something is getting kinda old and at times problematic. I think most Americans already realized that.

Agree it's actually kind of foolish, but Nationalists in both countries won't understand that, history is always doomed to repeat itself.

Patriotism is a good thing as long as it doesn't lead one to a path of arrogance.

Nationalism is usually dumb and deadly.

Russia and Brazil Economy won't be very large due to various reasons. Like Consumption, Manufacturing, Population and many others. Also, Brazil don't have any major threat. China and India would be in Top 3 Economy of the world after few decades. China will be ahead than India. Even Today both in Top 3 but PPP wise only with less Debt.

India and China can be Super Power (but We don't have that intention, Being SuperPower is liability and has big responsibility). No Idea about China. Yes, I agree on that If India-China become very good friends, Things will become nightmare for few western countries. Is this possible ?? I don't think, because those western countries will never allow such friendship and we also have certain issues. Although India-China have good business relation. It is often said No. 1 and No. 2 never become good friends....Example UK and Germany in Europe 1900-1940. US and Russia in Globe 1946-1990. Now, China-India for last few years in Asia.

The faster India and China end disputes they can have a Canada-US relationship same with the Kashmir issue since 1947-2011 it's really getting tiring, Each part of the World will have Regional leaders the Whole Superpower for me in my opinion ended after the cold war, it's getting pretty tiring being the world Policeman.

The faster India and China end disputes they can have a Canada-US relationship same with the Kashmir issue since 1947-2011 it's really getting tiring, Each part of the World will have Regional leaders the Whole Superpower for me in my opinion ended after the cold war, it's getting pretty tiring being the world Policeman.
India and China will not have a Canada-US relation, Canada is too small fry. they are more likely to develop a German-French relation.

It would be great for both the countries. I Hope it really happens. But not sure. Our Relation with Pakistan is worst and it will be like this only looks like. China is Pakistan best friend as of now. Friendship is fine. But China is selling many defense related things to Pakistan which will be used against India in future. So, Our relation with China will be Neutral. But i am sure, There won't be any war between 2 countries in any case even after many years. As Risk will be too Big. Not much risk with Pakistan even in case of War. But at least there is Hope that India-China could become good friends. We don't have any major ideological of fundamental difference. We thinking in same way and our economy moving with same speed with China being ahead by a decade.

Don't wait it. Don't care. Not leading is good. Keeps military budget small.

No nation can lead a continent. A region perhaps but a continent No.

In any case why should any nation allow another to lead ?

No nation can lead a continent. A region perhaps but a continent No.

In any case why should any nation allow another to lead ?

U.S. pretty much has lead for several decades already. Are you surprised until now?

Back
Top Bottom