What's new

Can India lead Asia?

Russia and Brazil Economy won't be very large due to various reasons. Like Consumption, Manufacturing, Population and many others. Also, Brazil don't have any major threat. China and India would be in Top 3 Economy of the world after few decades. China will be ahead than India. Even Today both in Top 3 but PPP wise only with less Debt.

India and China can be Super Power (but We don't have that intention, Being SuperPower is liability and has big responsibility). No Idea about China. Yes, I agree on that If India-China become very good friends, Things will become nightmare for few western countries. Is this possible ?? I don't think, because those western countries will never allow such friendship and we also have certain issues. Although India-China have good business relation. It is often said No. 1 and No. 2 never become good friends....Example UK and Germany in Europe 1900-1940. US and Russia in Globe 1946-1990. Now, China-India for last few years in Asia.

Don't count Brazil out yet. Unlike China they are a democracy. Unlike India they are not bureacratic. They do not have any major military rivals. Their borders on all sides are comparatively secure. They have a strong trade within the region and abroad. They have natural resources comparable to India and China.No internal security threats to worry about. And close proximity to the United states. It's a lumbering Giant that no one notices.

Don't count Brazil out yet. Unlike China they are a democracy. Unlike India they are not bureacratic. They do not have any major military rivals. Their borders on all sides are comparatively secure. They have a strong trade within the region and abroad. They have natural resources comparable to India and China.No internal security threats to worry about. And close proximity to the United states. It's a lumbering Giant that no one notices.

Brazil has a very promising future, no doubt. But in terms of political power on the world stage, I don't think they'll achieve "great power" status anytime soon. (To be considered a great power, you need economic+military+diplomatic strength).

Their strongest point, the economy, doesn't grow anywhere near as fast as China or India's economies do (in the long term). And their base nominal GDP, isn't that big either.

what is the job of a super power? bombing foreign country because the country fail to follow its ideology? and u think arabic people would allow some sub human east asian (by their definition) to interfere their business? i think not. my country should be a good citizen under the current european - american system, earn our wealth, become rich, then, we think about how to deal with the european, americans and the arabic people... before that, all talks is bull crap...

and im not referring to GDP, i think the amount of our salary is the most accurate thing to show our wealthiness.

Brazil has a very promising future, no doubt. But in terms of political power on the world stage, I don't think they'll achieve "great power" status anytime soon. (To be considered a great power, you need economic+military+diplomatic strength).

Their strongest point, the economy, doesn't grow anywhere near as fast as China or India's economies do (in the long term). And their base nominal GDP, isn't that big either.

I'n not saying it is comparable to China and India...yet. But 15 years ago India was viewed to be in a much worse position globally than what Brazil is in right now. It's amazing how money can change perceptions. If they start throwing their weight around the WTO, UN and IMF like India and China do, perceptions may change pretty quick. As of now, they seem to be happy in the background enjoying patronage (and business) from the US.

I dont think India herself would accept the idea of leading the vast geographical area called Asia. Countries around the world will be comfortable to have a multipolar world rather than one country occupying the helm.

1. More than half of Indians are fighting against her. According to MMS one-third of India is under the Maoist insurgents. India, at this rate, cannot even manage herself.

2. Yes, wait another 50 years when the Muslims of India would emerge as the majority community. Because of the Muslim tradition/history/habit of being rulers and because, by that time Muslims in SA and all over the world would have emerged very powerful, Muslim India would become a power again. Like the Mughals perhaps - with the active cooperation of the Rajputs, the most powerful community in India.

1. More than half of Indians are fighting against her. According to MMS one-third of India is under the Maoist insurgents. India, at this rate, cannot even manage herself.

2. Yes, wait another 50 years when the Muslims of India would emerge as the majority community. Because of the Muslim tradition/history/habit of being rulers and because, by that time Muslims in SA and all over the world would have emerged very powerful, Muslim India would become a power again. Like the Mughals perhaps - with the active cooperation of the Rajputs, the most powerful community in India.

I am sorry but are you for real:what:

Are you high?? I won't comment on the first part because I agree that's something which hampers our growth.
2. Assuming that Muslims in India are not the rational and patriotic community I know them to be. You think they are the only ones who will breed and increase their population in 50 years while the other communities sit back and dwindle into minority?
We were having some really intelligent discussion here till you posted this crap.

Not even 5% population is facing problem. Stop Dreaming. BD ?? Your whole country will become desert and will move towards Bay of Bengal if 2 BSF moves towards Farakka Gate.

OMG. Hilarious post of the day. Is Dreaming is BD national hobby ??

What about War in 2015 ?? have you prepared for that ?? How you will fight the war ? We can destroy whole BD in 1 hour with 5% capacity. An Indian Muslim has built Atom Bomb for India against BD. Do you know this? Millions of BD will face the consequence for any small adventurous. I don't wanna talk about religions things. Don't dream too much otherwise you will regret in few years. You can't even save your country from your Elder Muslim brother in 1971 and this same Hindu country saved your life and many more which i don't wanna talk. ;)

and you are talking biggest Crap. Be Timid and behave yourself!! :welcome:

The question is does India wants to lead Asia, the simple answer is No.

India has no ambitions of becoming an "leader" in the current context of the word.

China might consider itself the leader of Asia.. but what extent of political influence does it have on its neighborhood other than pakistan.

We are more worried making sure we can improve our lives and social structure rather than playing regional games for manifestation of power.

As long as our interests are protected and economic set-points achieved, we don't care who leads asian region or the organisations of SCO, UNSC or OIC.

Not even 5% population is facing problem. Stop Dreaming. BD ?? Your whole country will become desert and will move towards Bay of Bengal if 2 BSF moves towards Farakka Gate.

OMG. Hilarious post of the day. Is Dreaming is BD national hobby ??

What about War in 2015 ?? have you prepared for that ?? How you will fight the war ? We can destroy whole BD in 1 hour with 5% capacity. An Indian Muslim has built Atom Bomb for India against BD. Do you know this? Millions of BD will face the consequence for any small adventurous. I don't wanna talk about religions things. Don't dream too much otherwise you will regret in few years. You can't even save your country from your Elder Muslim brother in 1971 and this same Hindu country saved your life and many more which i don't wanna talk. ;)

and you are talking biggest Crap. Be Timid and behave yourself!! :welcome:

dont even think to invade BD we will crush you slumies with in 5 min :partay:

The question is does India wants to lead Asia, the simple answer is No.

India has no ambitions of becoming an "leader" in the current context of the word.

China might consider itself the leader of Asia.. but what extent of political influence does it have on its neighborhood other than pakistan.

We are more worried making sure we can improve our lives and social structure rather than playing regional games for manifestation of power.

As long as our interests are protected and economic set-points achieved, we don't care who leads asian region or the organisations of SCO, UNSC or OIC.

than why indian is investing billions of dollars in defence industry if india dnt want to lead asia ?? dnt tell me indians are investing cz they got security threat from pakistan china and the so called maoist :P

than why indian is investing billions of dollars in defence industry if india dnt want to lead asia ?? dnt tell me indians are investing cz they got security threat from pakistan china and the so called maoist :P

Exactly.We live in a very rough neighbourhood and we need to carry a big stick if not the biggest stick to defend ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom