What's new

Can India and Pakistan be friends,ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems this DesiGuy deserves Nobel prize for dissolving nations or melting boundaries :lol:

My point is simple.

indian and pakistan cannot live together the way European does.

simple as that. :tup:

Europeans fought each other for centuries..
Pakistan and India have been enemies for 63 years..

It's possible...!

If European countries can fight two world wars against each other yet still be friends, i don't see why we can't..............

yes brother, but there is a big difference. they are europeans and asians cant do what the europeans have done. i dont know why, but this is how it is. i dont think there will be any good relations between these 2 countries at least in the next few decades. i believe the source of all problems is kashmir.

BECAUSE you guys are NOT european.

We helped settle Europe by being the largest contributors of manpower in both the great wars, That ought to account for something........

Don't hold your breath...

Lastly, India and Pakistan are nothing alike. We might have been, but things have changed a plenty in the last 15 years so I'd settle for a neutral relationship.

I agree. Too many Indians get all emotional about this; the effect of seeing too many Hindi movies. You can't turn back time. We are not alike anymore whatever be our history. It's time to move on. For too many people in our countries it's either shaadi or nafrat. Those are not the only two options available. We could start with some plain civility for a change.

Solve Kashmir issue and you'll find no friend better than Pakistan.

If we have no friend better than Pakistan, we are doomed.:lol::lol::lol:

We helped settle Europe by being the largest contributors of manpower in both the great wars, That ought to account for something........

maybe, and we contributed because it was to our benefit too. but it was them who initiated co existence not us.

yes brother, but there is a big difference. they are europeans and asians cant do what the europeans have done. i dont know why, but this is how it is. i dont think there will be any good relations between these 2 countries at least in the next few decades. i believe the source of all problems is kashmir.

All it takes to resolve a conflict are a few words and handshakes. Hardly a decades worth of work, I think the people are also gradually warming up to each other, it's only a matter of time before they realize that it's better if we work together rather than against each other.
About Kashmir, well, we have stuck with it not because we want territory, if we wanted land we would have also stuck with other territories that wanted to be part of Pakistan, Junagadh had access to see and Hyderabad Deccan was India's richest princely state, that counts for something, but we didn't think twice about them because the people of those states didn't want to be part of Pakistan, the rulers did......Kashmir on the other hand is a completely different story, the people of Kashmir not only want to be a part of Pakistan(Or free in some cases), they expect us to help them achieve their objective, that's why we have stuck with it...............because the people expect us to.

All it takes to resolve a conflict are a few words and handshakes. Hardly a decades worth of work, I think the people are also gradually warming up to each other, it's only a matter of time before they realize that it's better if we work together rather than against each other.
About Kashmir, well, we have stuck with it not because we want territory, if we wanted land we would have also stuck with other territories that wanted to be part of Pakistan, Junagadh had access to see and Hyderabad Deccan was India's richest princely state, that counts for something, but we didn't think twice about them because the people of those states didn't want to be part of Pakistan, the rulers did......Kashmir on the other hand is a completely different story, the people of Kashmir not only want to be a part of Pakistan(Or free in some cases), they expect us to help them achieve their objective, that's why we have stuck with it...............because the people expect us to.

well, i dont think those handshakes will be enough to secure a better enviroment betweeen them. as i mentioned before, it has always been kashmir, they both insist on their postions. by the way, what is the stance of both countries on kashmir?

How do you know that people in Kashmir want to be part of Pakistan???
Did your govt. survey report say that ?? or the UN survey report say that???
These are all myth spread across border.....
The truth is very few people(some radical fundamentalists) want separation,not to join with Pakistan but form a independent state....

So you are helping !! in the form of terrorism????:azn:
So,what kind of help it is,in which their own people are being killed...

well, i dont think those handshakes will be enough to secure a better enviroment betweeen them. as i mentioned before, it has always been kashmir, they both insist on their postions. by the way, what is the stance of both countries on kashmir?

The issue of Kashmir is extremely complex, both India and Pakistan gained independence in 1947, the ruler of Kashmir delayed announcing his allegiance to either country because it was thought he was trying to win independence. In 1948, he began a campaign to drive Muslims out of Kashmir(Most Kashmiris were Muslim but the ruler was Hindu), 20,000 Muslims fled to Pakistan but then the Pathan tribes from FATA got sick of this waiting game and invaded Kashmir, they managed to reach Srinagar. The ruler of Kashmir, Maharaja Hari Singh, asked for India's help in trying to repel the invasion, India agreed to help him on the condition that he will accede to India. When this pact was finalized, Indians para dropped a sikh rifle company to hold the Srinagar airport until reinforcements could be brought in, when IA became involved, the Pathan tribesmen were beaten and the territories they had captured were taken over by Indian troops, the use of it's Army by India meant that this was now a full scale conflict, therefore Quaid-e-Azam M.A.Jinnah ordered PA to hold the territories that had been captured by the Pathan tribesmen, PA was successful in it's attempt and since it's deployment, not a single inch of Kashmiri land was lost to the Indians, later, when the document of ceasefire was signed, the areas captured by both countries were awarded to them and LoC was made the De facto border.

I agree. Too many Indians get all emotional about this; the effect of seeing too many Hindi movies. You can't turn back time. We are not alike anymore whatever be our history. It's time to move on. For too many people in our countries it's either shaadi or nafrat. Those are not the only two options available. We could start with some plain civility for a change.

We have the liberal jokers to thank for that. Its seems we have no dearth of such people, I could hardly believe the BS they spewed with that Aman ki Asha/bhaichara nonsense. At least they made Arundhati Roy's day.

If we have no friend better than Pakistan, we are doomed.:lol::lol::lol:

I can't wait for the economy to hit 2 trillion. If we can maintain the same growth rate we'll aaram se hit 4 trillion by 2020. When that happens we'll have more friends than we can count. :victory:

How do you know that people in Kashmir want to be part of Pakistan???
Did your govt. survey report say that ?? or the UN survey report say that???
These are all myth spread across border.....
The truth is very few people(some radical fundamentalists) want separation,not to join with Pakistan but form a independent state....

You are so bought over by you govt's propaganda, ever heard of strikes across kashmir ? People celebrating 14th august and not 15th august as independance day ? Who came up with the slogan "Kashmir Banay Ga Pakistan", wasn't us I can vouch for that.
Just as a reference:

kashmirprotests2-preview.jpg

indian-held-kashmir.jpg

Sept+26+Kashmir+protest+UN

freedom-movement-kashmir.jpg

kashmiri-youth.jpg

You should have told these people that they don't want freedom, I think they do....

So you are helping !! in the form of terrorism????:azn:
So,what kind of help it is,in which their own people are being killed...

I choose to ignore this cheap attempt at trolling...........

Last edited:

Please don't flatter yourself.

1. Pakistan is in no position to 'help' the people of Kashmir. You have your own country to worry about.

2. We both know what the Kashmiris did when Pakistanis tried to 'help' in '65.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom