What's new

BREAKING: PAF base Mianwali under attack, suicide bombers and heavy weapons in use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forthly, whether there was an Indian involvement,
look towards the western border first. All roads lead to Kabul. Talon have been itching for a fight for some time now.

Likely because people at the helm 'believed' Mianwali to be 'secure'. Since it is a training base, further away from the trouble. I have seen many videos of civilians plane spotting just outside the boundary wall, without any meaningful security presence or patrols, and also that base has been hosting foreigners too. Lax attitude, from the authorities, shows in this episode. Those terrorists may have even circled around the whole perimeter, posing as partying civilians, and identified breach points...
Mianwali is a stones throw from DI Khan and both Tank and DI Khan are classed as “sensitive”. In terms of security this was a complete intelligence failure.

But how easily can you transport a team of 10+ and heavy weapons quite deep into the country without any checks.
Kharotabad refugee camp. That’s how.

It is obvious that the on-duty security guards miserably failed in detecting the terrorists' entry and taking appropriate counter measures. But the need for that action means that all other security measures, which were supposed to detect the intruding terrorists and alarm the concerned staff, had failed (or were rendered nonfunctional) in detecting/stopping the intruders.

I cannot believe that PAF is not using the latest technology (such as motion detectors, including the optical ones, and other sensors) to detect and counter any intrusions (and monitoring the movements just outside the boundary wall). But the way the terrorists used a ladder, cut the barbed wire, and then jump in to create a havoc at the base indicates that the terrorists and their handlers were able to defeat all those sensors. That leaves only two possibilities; the inside job, and/or computer hacking. The investigations would find out if any inside staff was assisting the terrorists or their handlers by providing the sensitive information about the base. On the other hand, it is quite possible that PAF network/system has been compromised and the terrorists and their handlers exploited the inner information in planning and executing a successful terrorist attack.

That is only one part of the whole problem that we are facing. The other equally important aspect is the availability of terrorists that are willing to die or explode themselves to attack fellow Muslims. It is quite possible that all or some of these terrorists were Afghanis but we will find out that only after the investigations are completed. Nevertheless, Pakistan needs to resolve this issue. We have already found Afghanis involved in numerous terrorist attacks in Pakistan in recent past. We need to deport illegal Afghanis from Pakistan. Not one country in world allows undocumented illegal immigrants. Pakistan must not be an exception in that respect. Such illegal people can easily be exploited to do any dirty job, including terrorism, by the enemy powers. GoP should make it compulsory for Pakistani citizens to report any Afghani they see in their cities, localities, and streets. Failure in doing that should be legally punishable. Any undocumented Afghani women and children such found should be deported and men should be placed in a camp for further investigations to check if they were involved in illegal activities in Pakistan. I think we have to do it if we want to have a peaceful life in Pakistan.

It is obvious that the on-duty security guards miserably failed in detecting the terrorists' entry and taking appropriate counter measures. But the need for that action means that all other security measures, which were supposed to detect the intruding terrorists and alarm the concerned staff, had failed (or were rendered nonfunctional) in detecting/stopping the intruders.

I cannot believe that PAF is not using the latest technology (such as motion detectors, including the optical ones, and other sensors) to detect and counter any intrusions (and monitoring the movements just outside the boundary wall). But the way the terrorists used a ladder, cut the barbed wire, and then jump in to create a havoc at the base indicates that the terrorists and their handlers were able to defeat all those sensors. That leaves only two possibilities; the inside job, and/or computer hacking. The investigations would find out if any inside staff was assisting the terrorists or their handlers by providing the sensitive information about the base. On the other hand, it is quite possible that PAF network/system has been compromised and the terrorists and their handlers exploited the inner information in planning and executing a successful terrorist attack.

That is only one part of the whole problem that we are facing. The other equally important aspect is the availability of terrorists that are willing to die or explode themselves to attack fellow Muslims. It is quite possible that all or some of these terrorists were Afghanis but we will find out that only after the investigations are completed. Nevertheless, Pakistan needs to resolve this issue. We have already found Afghanis involved in numerous terrorist attacks in Pakistan in recent past. We need to deport illegal Afghanis from Pakistan. Not one country in world allows undocumented illegal immigrants. Pakistan must not be an exception in that respect. Such illegal people can easily be exploited to do any dirty job, including terrorism, by the enemy powers. GoP should make it compulsory for Pakistani citizens to report any Afghani they see in their cities, localities, and streets. Failure in doing that should be legally punishable. Any undocumented Afghani women and children such found should be deported and men should be placed in a camp for further investigations to check if they were involved in illegal activities in Pakistan. I think we have to do it if we want to have a peaceful life in Pakistan.
Lets see more clearly how a militant thinks about fellow muslims who they are fighting, they will say “militants are fighting muslims who have given their allegience to bear arms to protect yazeedi supremacy”.

Reactions: AA_
can someone post the video people are talking about??

If it were Turkey, the jets with 1K lb precision guided thermobaric bombs would have flown out from this same base and taken out the entire Taliban leadership in Kabul....

Shoot first, think later.....

You need a pair of balls for something like that. And sadly this is something that our generals don't have.

I was like you 5 years ago and I have no shame admitting I was stupid.
We need to come out of bollywood fantasies brother. This is not a movie.
There is a second video of the militants from around 7 AM where they are sitting inside a building while 2 of our guys are lying dead in their feet in cold blood in uniforms. The militant also shows outside for a brief 2-3 seconds and you can see the runway.

Please post the second video. Also, I simply said what you posted earlier didn’t provide conclusive evidence. And you are very conveniently disregarding the glaring inconsistency of claiming 35 aircraft destroyed. Or that ‘the entire airbase is under the control of suicidal mujahideen’. When does such inconsistency arise? In a pre-made video that opportunistically makes claims which the common man wouldn’t pay attention to. I am talking with a perspective on how to make fake videos. The video contains bogus claims which should cause a fair observer to pause and question the veracity. I have seen the video in which the camera moves around showing a general view of the airbase. Now ask yourself: could this be a reconnaissance video that was shot on previous days? That would indicate insider help. Here’s an even radical question. In the recently concluded Indus Shield exercise, were any personnel from visiting countries housed in Mianwali who could have taken this reconnaissance video? Open your mind to the possibilities. I have the most sad task of informing you that you were an idiot before and you are an idiot today. I hope for your own sake you don’t remain an idiot forever.

Btw this video that shows 3 seconds of runway, does it show any aircraft burning as well? Or just the runway?

A failure of epic proportion and still our military Junta is busy installing a chawal bagora, convicted criminal to power instead of doing their job and the boot lickers accuse us for calling this third class COAS and his corrupt institution out.
Gareeb ka bachon ko marwa ker un per Shaheed ka label chipka ker apni dukaan chumka raha hain gasti ka bacha.

You realise that both what you mentioned can be true as well as a link with India? (which has been historically proven already)

This is always how an insurgency works, you exploit existing problems or fault lines using sectarian or ethnic issues
you are in denial

Please post the second video. Also, I simply said what you posted earlier didn’t provide conclusive evidence. And you are very conveniently disregarding the glaring inconsistency of claiming 35 aircraft destroyed. Or that ‘the entire airbase is under the control of suicidal mujahideen’. When does such inconsistency arise? In a pre-made video that opportunistically makes claims which the common man wouldn’t pay attention to. I am talking with a perspective on how to make fake videos. The video contains bogus claims which should cause a fair observer to pause and question the veracity. I have seen the video in which the camera moves around showing a general view of the airbase. Now ask yourself: could this be a reconnaissance video that was shot on previous days? That would indicate insider help. Here’s an even radical question. In the recently concluded Indus Shield exercise, were any personnel from visiting countries housed in Mianwali who could have taken this reconnaissance video? Open your mind to the possibilities. I have the most sad task of informing you that you were an idiot before and you are an idiot today. I hope for your own sake you don’t remain an idiot forever.

Btw this video that shows 3 seconds of runway, does it show any aircraft burning as well? Or just the runway?
No, I was not arguing the 35 aircrafts destroyed or the whole base being captured, obviously that is a mis-statement and they are very literate about doing propaganda as well so they use exxagerated terms like these to assert their influence but what I wanted to say was our official statement is a misreporting of facts as well. They have done significant damage, even 1 aircraft would have been a significant damage but we can see at least 5-6 burning in that video. Plus we said no casualties which I think we all know by now is a lie. If they can lie about one thing, they can lie about the other thing for sure. Not going into why lying was necessary or strategy wise (that is debateable).

You can not see any aircraft burning in the 2nd video because it is 3-4 hrs after destroying the aircraft, by that time it was daylight already and they were hiding in a building. I am trying to post it here but its not going through.

A failure of epic proportion and still our military Junta is busy installing a chawal bagora, convicted criminal to power instead of doing their job and the boot lickers accuse us for calling this third class COAS and his corrupt institution out.
Gareeb ka bachon ko marwa ker un per Shaheed ka label chipka ker apni dukaan chumka raha hain gasti ka bacha.

If you want to understand what’s going on in the political arena, read this:

If Nawaz & company come to power, they are merely the easiest cadavers to animate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom