What's new

Bangladesh urges Pakistan apology for 1971 ‘crimes’

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the overwhelming freedom fighter who made India to accept that Bangladesh could be a reality. India first started to support FF only to destabilize Pakistan but later they had to get involved.
Again India was too afraid that if BD could sustain as a country the other states of India could get interested as well.
Well they are paying the price now.Kashmir insurgency would have never started if they had not decided to destablize us.

First of all thanks brother for at least agreeing on the fact.

Secondly,when I talk about forgiveness with my fellow Bangladeshis,I try to use Islam as our guide.But then a frequent question which comes to me is,"Did you lose anyone in 1971?"---I say no I didn't.Then they say you won't understand.And they are right.

Now at this moment when people are demanding for an official apology,probably something solid,not just speech,I think if Pakistan do that,then relation will improve a lot.Now Pakistan can also follow Islam in this regard as asking for forgiveness does not make one small instead it makes him more respectable.

I would say most BD people would not mind reestablishing better relation with Pakistan after the apology.There will still be people with hard line stance but their number will be too small to stir any problem.

Its not just me; many young pakistanis who have read up history know that the debacle of 1971 was solely the mistake of GoP at the time; and agree that the rulers of the time were at fault; but to implicate the entire Pakistani nation as perpetrators of a crime is a bit too much.

Is the new generation of Pakistanis personally responsible for 1971? Musharraf has already apologised as head of state of Pakistan. What more could you ask for; a tribunal? Well my friend the people of that time are dead; and no longer in the decision making process of GoP.

West Pakistan lost many people too; should we ask for an apology from bangladesh too? No body in Pakistan is asking Pakistan and Bangladesh to come back together; both of us have happily gone our own separate ways and as always we wish the best to our Bangladeshi brothers.

Personally I do not understand this whole apology thing. the fact the Pak has recognised BD speaks for itself. It must have taken a lot of swallowing of pride for Pk to have done this.

Aplologies seem to imply rubbing salt into the wounds..this does not help.. ever. Though it is an affiar BD has to work out, they haven't been able to decide who the war criminals were / are & what to do with them so apologies after so many yrs seems far fetched.

if this is about an apology -- then here ---- CALL THE PRESS

On behalf of all Pakistanis, we apologize to the innocent bengalis who got caught up in the war and suffered from the hostilities (of indian and our own army)

but we will not apologize to the traitors who sided with indian army.....we will not apologize to the mobs who also raped/killed/tortured West Pakistanis in East Pakistan.

I come from a Pashtun family, but my grandmother was in east Pakistan during 1971 because her friend's mother was dying due to complications. Her friend had to put my grandmother in a luggage chest just to smuggle her out of the country back to West Pakistan (this is a true story)

but in the end, 38 years later -- I am happy that bengali have their own country. It was not a loss for Pakistan since it was never physically part of Pakistan. I am further happy to say we have good relations with Bangladesh, and in fact even we are providing defence equipments to their military and Air Force.

we wish them luck and success.

And once again, bury the past. Look to the future. We are in an unstable region of the world, we cannot afford to look backward instead of forwards.

by the way, if you ask any Pakistani that is alive today ----they will tell you that Government of (West) Pakistan is to blame for the 1971 disaster.

Bhutto and Yahya Khan really really messed up. We did not give them their share of the budget, and the problem was compounded manifold when during the typhoon West Pakistan hardly diverted any resources or aid to East Pakistan which was buried in water and suffering enormously.

but with all this said, the people of the 1971 era --- the policy-makers, the generals, etc. ---- most of them are dead now.

even Mujib rehman killed by his own army.

Pakistan & Bangladesh relations are good now. And all Pakistanis are happy about this fact. Not just because of religion; but because of common interests.

p.s. one of my best friends is from Bangladesh, and his father is president of Beximco (biggest holdings company in Bangladesh)

but in the end, 38 years later -- I am happy that bengali have their own country. It was not a loss for Pakistan since it was never physically part of Pakistan.

After 1947 they always had their country, what happened is past now and we should move forward. But I would like to say one thing that our relations must be more than just friendly or brotherly relations. I have no doubt that we are still one country by heart.

After 1947 they always had their country, what happened is past now and we should move forward. But I would like to say one thing that our relations must be more than just friendly or brotherly relations. I have no doubt that we are still one country by heart.

for sure.....i agree bro

and by the way, Bengalis are VERY intelligent and sharp-minded people Mashallah

for sure.....i agree bro

and by the way, Bengalis are VERY intelligent and sharp-minded people Mashallah

But we have one problem..we are Idle..not active like you people.We only act when our survival is at question:tsk:.We need to change this trend.

Ok enough of this topic already it has already been talked about a million 19 pages of talks already let work towards the future of great friendship between the 2 brother nations! may GOD bless them both.

But we have one problem..we are Idle..not active like you people.We only act when our survival is at question:tsk:.We need to change this trend.

Do you think if we would have been active, we would have not come to this stage where we are now.

thanks for the compliment, but believe me bro, we are not active enough.

Pakistanis always love to diffuse responsibility, rather than accept it. We are run by a weak government, and that does not help the situation.

We need to enforce a draft in Pakistan. All citizens should be required to do military service --like what they do in countries like Turkey, Israel, Romania, and to some extent - Egypt.

thanks for the compliment, but believe me bro, we are not active enough.

Pakistanis always love to diffuse responsibility, rather than accept it. We are run by a weak government, and that does not help the situation.

We need to enforce a draft in Pakistan. All citizens should be required to do military service --like what they do in countries like Turkey, Israel, Romania, and to some extent - Egypt.

This is not a good idea in case of Pakistan, in that case TTP will get free training. There was a short course called "NCC" 40 days training program in colleges but they stop it because of if someone become terrorist then he will already have in hand training.

This is not a good idea in case of Pakistan, in that case TTP will get free training. There was a short course called "NCC" 40 days training program in colleges but they stop it because of if someone become terrorist then he will already have in hand training.

well i think in the long-run, mandatory military service should be required.

it is good for discipline and good for nationalism

If Pakistani government say sorry to Bangladesh then I think it will be beneficial for the bi-lateral relation between two countries.

Bangladeshis are very peaceful and generous people.
They forget past easily.
Bangladeshis are very emotional, so if Pakistan say sorry to Bangladesh then Bangladeshis will call pakistan as "Brother Paksitan". Like in 1999 Wasim Akram said that we lost to our brothers and we were happy for this, that time every Bangladeshi felt happy for his generous comment.
Great Wasim Akram.
Pakistan government can follow Wasim Akram then Pakistan will get a lot of popularity in Bangladesh.

Though the new Bangladeshi generation know Pakistan as failure country. But, anyway, I strongly believe, if Pakistan say sorry then there is a great possibility for the establishment of "Brother Nation" theory/idea/relation.

The "Brother Nation" idea is described below:

((((.....In BROTHER NATION idea , if two country become BROTHER NATION or declared as BROTHER NATION, then the peoples of both countries can access or travel between two countries without visa, help each other in difficulties.

Then the peoples of both country can feel them self as like their own country.
..There may have same currency like euro.
...Or currency swap agreement.
....There may have free trade zone between two country.
.....There may have the strong unity and exchange of technologies.
......But remember, the both country is different.
........But the world will say them as "BROTHER NATION".

The "BROTHER NATION" concept or idea can be modified by others opinions in later. This just an initial thinking of me.
In the 'Brother Nation' concept there should be some criteria like visa free access (like between the USA and Canada) , same currency like euro...etc.... ))))

The People or members of this forum can make a group or page in Facebook to judge the popularity of this concept by inviting the peoples of Bangladesh and Pakistan.
There, in that group or page, the intention of this idea will be clearly defined.
Where people of both countries can give their opinions that either they want to consider Bangladesh or Pakistan as their "Brother Nation" or not.

I believe one day other countries will follow us if we can declare or establish the idea of "BROTHER NATION" between Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Peace!
Original idea is by raresoul.
Brother Bangladesh+Brother Pakistan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom