What's new

Bahrain Airshow: What to expect? Tejas vs JF-17

The problem is as per the rumor, Bahraini authorities put the name of JF-17 in flying display without confirming from PAF & PAC.

There is still a month left. Lets see what transpires from behind the scenes
]
The problem is that the masters of our leadership never consult whether it's a war alliance or an airshow participation

to what limit are these jets pushed ... Would the IAF be comfortable going ALL OUT with the LCA, with the known problems that the platform faces ... with the FOC delays etc.

Tejas is displayed by ADA (DRDO) and not IAF,and it would probably be flown by HAL's test pilots.So I don't think IAF would have any problem with it.

FT has been aggressively marketed, has been participating in international airshows be it China, Turkey, UAE, France etc. and this point was treated as "bohooo" by the Indians, as if it was nothing ... yet when its the LCA .. wow .. you have threads opening at the possibilities of it flying in the airshow

Dude,this is the first time,an Indian designed fighter makes it into an international airshow.We had displayed HAL Kiran,piston trainers & helicopters in the past though.

It would be great to see both beasts in action over the same air space in the same time. I do hope Tejas will give some impressive air performance unlike before on the other hand, it would again be a great opportunity for JF-17 Thunder to attract some more buyers, despite the fact the burden of orders has already increased the production work here too much, Honestly. :azn:

The problem is as per the rumor, Bahraini authorities put the name of JF-17 in flying display without confirming from PAF & PAC.

There is still a month left. Lets see what transpires from behind the scenes

Meanwhile Tejas practicing

wow...LCA is almost stand still...something SU30 is good in...

It would be great to see both beasts in action over the same air space in the same time. I do hope Tejas will give some impressive air performance unlike before on the other hand, it would again be a great opportunity for JF-17 Thunder to attract some more buyers, despite the fact the burden of orders has already increased the production work here too much, Honestly. :azn:
Surely you will have that, because according to the test pilot after display in India, he said that he didn't pull the fighter much, and wanted to show that it is agile little bit. ADA is going to open the envelop aka software restriction and all changes required for the FBW restrictions will be done before the show. It will a good exposure to the ADA, to an international airshow. Heard that the maneuver involved will be sharp criss cross and flip back outmaneuver.

Written by: Dr Anantha Krishnan M

Bengaluru, Dec 08: Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas is throttling to script history probably by becoming the first home-grown Indian fighter jet to have flown outside the country's airspace. If no last-minute glitches (from babudom or technical) get onboard, then Tejas will strut its stuff at the 4th edition of Bahrain International Air Show (BIAS), scheduled from January 21-23, 2016. BIAS-2016 is being held at the Sakhir Airbase.

... There are many nagging issues that need to be sorted out, including which country it would stop over during ferry to Bahrain," says an official. ....

Tejas was on static display at BIAS- 2014, with India's prying plane AEW&C (Airborne Early Warning Control) hitting the skies. DRDO had then claimed that the products were displayed with ‘the aim of exploring the potential of exporting them to friendly countries in the region.'

... Flight-testing envelope will be expanded Ahead of the Bahrain trip, Tejas is expected to expand the flight envelope clearance to 8G and at a higher Alpha of 24 degrees and more. "

Read more at: http://www.oneindia.com/india/tejas-may ... 50118.html

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @dadeechi @gslv mk3 @MilSpec

Brother what is the motive of this participating in an international airshow

1. ADA/DRDO is showcasing LCA in Bahrain, but a 25Million question is who should market tejas MK1 or MK2 -- ADA/DRDO or HAL or GOI -- In my view it should be HAL who should be doing the marketing as ADA is just the R&D agency and HAL have more exposure and experience in aviation exports and they are the one who are going to give the spares and support.

2. India never have the export in mind, so presence in this airshow is just to register the presence or now its the DRDO who is eyeing the profit with the export.

3. What is the role of IAF or INAF if India decided to market the LCA Tejas aka HAL Tejas.

Team LCA gears up for increased orders
Chethan Kumar,TNN | Dec 11, 2015, 06.43 AM IST

BENGALURU:
From imported robotic machine to drill holes to Bengaluru based 3D printing of components, Team LCA is gearing up for increased orders for the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas for the Indian Air Force.

With IAF increasing its order of LCAs forcing HAL to manufacture 108 aircraft for six squadrons, the defence PSU is scaling up quality and speed.

A robotic drilling machine in the final assembly hangar has reduced the time taken to drill a hole on the wing skin to just over a minute from 25-35 minutes it took manually.

The machine, which needs to drill around 8,000 holes, can manage 66% with the remaining done manually. "That will change soon; we'll soon have more efficiency," LCA division general manager V Sridharan told TOI. HAL is using Bengaluru-based 3D printing for some components. "A proposal to acquire such a printer is being prepared but now, we're outsourcing it," he said.

Sources in HAL said given the Centre's Make in India campaign and to save on time, outsourcing some manufacturing has happened and a few other projects are in the pipeline. The wing assembly has been outsourced to L&T, while 10 vendors will be in the fray for the centre and rear fuselage, for which tenders will be floated soon. "Outsourcing of 33 electrical panels, six mechanical assembly projects making of fin and rudder, etc is under way," they said.

Stating that the second Series Production Tejas is in the final stages of assembly and will be ready for IAF in the next 45 days, Sridharan said: "By the fourth or fifth aircraft, we should be able further reduce the time."

Earlier this year, HAL handed over an aircraft to the IAF, which is undergoing some changes. The second in the series is almost ready . To enhance the rate of production, HAL had late last year sent a proposal to the defence ministry for setting up a second production line.A senior official said the ministry is likely to clear it by February .

HAL has invested Rs 150 crore for capacity augmentation. According to the proposal, HAL is expected to invest 50% of the Rs 1,200-crore estimated cost, while the IAF and the Navy will invest 25% each.

Last edited:
Tejas is displayed by ADA (DRDO) and not IAF,and it would probably be flown by HAL's test pilots.So I don't think IAF would have any problem with it.

My point was more focused on what limits will the aircrafts be will be pushed to ... but extra info is always appreciated ...

Dude,this is the first time,an Indian designed fighter makes it into an international airshow.We had displayed HAL Kiran,piston trainers & helicopters in the past though.

I get it .. I get that its a big achievement and it's a proud moment ... I'm just saying when it was JFT it was treated as if it were nothing too spectacular or extra ordinary ... but when it's LCA everything is extraordinary, spectacular etc etc.... even mock ups in public squares ..

. Flight-testing envelope will be expanded Ahead of the Bahrain trip, Tejas is expected to expand the flight envelope clearance to 8G and at a higher Alpha of 24 degrees and more. "

Source: Bahrain Airshow: What to expect? Tejas vs JF-17 | Page 3

Check my above post
the part i find most interesting is which country the tejas is stoping over at?
theres and base in gujraat near pakistan and the coast. it can take off from there and land in the uae and then on the bahrain

theres and base in gujraat near pakistan and the coast. it can take off from there and land in the uae and then on the bahrain
In the run-up to the aerobatics display, IAF pilots have been rehearsing stunning maneuvers over HAL airport in Bengaluru. They would head to Bahrain in January after refueling stops at Jamnagar and Muscat, sources in MoD told Deccan Chronicle.
Now, Tejas all set for air show at Bahrain | Deccan Chronicle

I am not the decision maker to comment, could be from Bhuj airbase in gujrat to Muscat and then to Behrain with 3 drop tank, or may be in IAF C-17. But the first option would be better.

I am not the decision maker to comment, could be from Bhuj airbase in gujrat to Muscat and then to Behrain with 3 drop tank, or may be in IAF C-17. But the first option would be better.
c17's are going and they are doing to be on display and paf is sending c130's and the too will be on display.

@Manindra have already answer given the answer to you

In the run-up to the aerobatics display, IAF pilots have been rehearsing stunning maneuvers over HAL airport in Bengaluru. They would head to Bahrain in January after refueling stops at Jamnagar and Muscat, sources in MoD told Deccan Chronicle.

c17's are going and they are doing to be on display and paf is sending c130's and the too will be on display.

@Manindra have already answer given the answer to you

i dont read links, i am extreamly lazy, heck i dont bother having capital letters on my posts

Back
Top Bottom