What's new

Bahrain Airshow: What to expect? Tejas vs JF-17

The news is that the JF-17 may not be participating.
The organisers are insisting that PAF brings JF-17, Mashak and other equipment to the show but due to certain other commitments, PAF hasn't yet confirmed it's participation, the final decision will be given by the end of this month.
I get that because there is no official confirmation and no mainstream Pakistani media outlet has reported that.
its a great shame that both jets can't perform in the same show.

I cant stop my self but wonder if the reluctance from PAC is because Tejas is making an appearance? maybe the PAF leadership doesnt want to showcase it side by side to Indian jet?

whatever happens, we wish a happy trip for Tejas team.

I get that because there is no official confirmation and no mainstream Pakistani media outlet has reported that.

I cant stop my self but wonder if the reluctance from PAC is because Tejas is making an appearance? maybe the PAF leadership doesnt want to showcase it side by side to Indian jet?

May be they don't like that an operational Jet being compared with underdeveloped 15 years behind the schedule with 53 % short comings, even not allowed to take part in national day parade but to put in contest just because JF-17 export market is growing and they can't digest that forcing small neighbors to not induct JF-17 and get Tejas for free. Being balanced and being too much balanced stooped to imbalance that is for you Sir. Why you are happy to see Tejas on air show isn't it hidden mockery a jet with 53% short comings not declared safe for flying over native crowd but in rivalry with Thunder (Pakistan in general) they taking this risk.

I think they are not interested showcasing Blk I & II rather waiting for Blk III to come

May be they don't like that an operational Jet being compared with underdeveloped 15 years behind the schedule with 53 % short comings, even not allowed to take part in national day parade but to put in contest just because JF-17 export market is growing and they can't digest that forcing small neighbors to not induct JF-17 and get Tejas for free. Being balanced and being too much balanced stooped to imbalance that is for you Sir. Why you are happy to see Tejas on air show isn't it hidden mockery a jet with 53% short comings not declared safe for flying over native crowd but in rivalry with Thunder (Pakistan in general) they taking this risk.
may be they are trolling to Tejas like you trolling here
BTW except for few upgraded F16 ,all PAF jets are inferior to even our least capable jet fighter

I think they are not interested showcasing Blk I & II rather waiting for Blk III to come

may be they are trolling to Tejas like you trolling here
BTW except for few upgraded F16 ,all PAF jets are inferior to even our least capable jet fighter
Who told you Modi ? go kid good night, people like you can't tell the difference between underwear and software, here giving expert opinion about jets.

@AbRaj
What is your least capable aircraft Mig 21 and you are comparing F-16 with flying coffins go kid go sleep early and go to school on time.

Who told you Modi ? go kid good night, people like you can't tell the difference between underwear and software, here giving expert opinion about jets.
very poor joke

@AbRaj
What is your least capable aircraft Mig 21 and you are comparing F-16 with flying coffins go kid go sleep early and go to school on time.
kindly check specs of Mig 21 Bisons and its capabilities as interceptor,then we'll talk

Offer no replies Pls
go ask Chinease why they are still using Mig 21 copies
BTW
MIG BISON 21

M/MF (Type 96); Multi-role version with one R-11-300 turbojet with 13,688 lbs. of thrust. Has 4 pylons which can carry external fuel tanks, air-to-air missiles or twin barrel guns. Has a zero speed, zero altitude ejection seat. The MF variant has a R-11F2S-300 turbojet, otherwise similar to the 'M' variant.

Bis (Type 75); Advanced variant with further improved avionics indicated by the ILS antennae under the nose and on the fin tip. The airframe has a lifespan of 2,685 hours.

Bison; Most advanced variant with further improved avionics incl MFDs, HOTAS, RWRs and BVR Capability.

U/UM/US-Mongol(Type 66); Two seat trainer version with cockpits arranged in tandem, larger main wheels, one piece forward air brake and pilot boom repositioned above intake. Has no cannon armament. Has a broader-chord vertical tail surfaces and a under brake parachute housing, with a deeper dorsal spine and no dorsal fin fillet. One R-13 turbojet and 4 under-wing store pylons.

Accommodation: Bis; Pilot on zero/zero ejection seat with spring loaded arm at top which ensures that seat cannot be operated unless hood is closed. The canopy has a small rear view mirror, a flat bullet proof windscreen and and air-conditioned cabin. Armour plating forward and aft of cockpit. The Bison is equipped with a frameless windshield and a 'Bubble' Canopy.

Avionics: Bis;Standard avionics include automatic radio compass, IFF and a Sirena-3 RWR system. The gyro gun-sight maintains precision up to 2.75 g. Automatic ranging can be fed into gun-sight. Full blind flying instrumentation with attitude and heading indicators given by radio controlled gyro platform. The aircraft also has a search & track radar.

Engine: Depends on aircraft variant.

Maximum Speed: Mach 2.05

Service Ceiling: 15,250 meters (50,000 feet)

G Limit: ?

Combat Radius: Internal fuel - 1100 km; 683 miles.
With internal fuel & four 250 kg. bombs - 370 km; 230 miles.
With two 250kg bombs and drop tanks - 740 km; 460 miles.
A ferry range with three fuel tanks - 1800 km; 1118 miles.

Armament: One twin-barrel 23mm GSh-23 gun with 200 rounds, in the belly pack. Has four under wing pylons for weapons or drop tanks. Can carry air-to-air missiles, rocket pods, bombs, drop tanks and other types of ordnance. In the case of the Bison, the aircraft can carry TV Guided bombs like the KAB 500.

Maximum External Stores Load: FL; 500 kg; 1102 lbs.
..........................................M/MF; 2000 kg; 4409 lbs.
..........................................bis version; 2000 kg; 4409 lbs.
..........................................U/UM/US version; 1000 kg; 2204 lbs.

Self Defence: Depends on the version of the aircraft

go ask Chinease why they are still using Mig 21 copies
BTW
MIG BISON 21

M/MF (Type 96); Multi-role version with one R-11-300 turbojet with 13,688 lbs. of thrust. Has 4 pylons which can carry external fuel tanks, air-to-air missiles or twin barrel guns. Has a zero speed, zero altitude ejection seat. The MF variant has a R-11F2S-300 turbojet, otherwise similar to the 'M' variant.

Bis (Type 75); Advanced variant with further improved avionics indicated by the ILS antennae under the nose and on the fin tip. The airframe has a lifespan of 2,685 hours.

Bison; Most advanced variant with further improved avionics incl MFDs, HOTAS, RWRs and BVR Capability.

U/UM/US-Mongol(Type 66); Two seat trainer version with cockpits arranged in tandem, larger main wheels, one piece forward air brake and pilot boom repositioned above intake. Has no cannon armament. Has a broader-chord vertical tail surfaces and a under brake parachute housing, with a deeper dorsal spine and no dorsal fin fillet. One R-13 turbojet and 4 under-wing store pylons.

Accommodation: Bis; Pilot on zero/zero ejection seat with spring loaded arm at top which ensures that seat cannot be operated unless hood is closed. The canopy has a small rear view mirror, a flat bullet proof windscreen and and air-conditioned cabin. Armour plating forward and aft of cockpit. The Bison is equipped with a frameless windshield and a 'Bubble' Canopy.

Avionics: Bis;Standard avionics include automatic radio compass, IFF and a Sirena-3 RWR system. The gyro gun-sight maintains precision up to 2.75 g. Automatic ranging can be fed into gun-sight. Full blind flying instrumentation with attitude and heading indicators given by radio controlled gyro platform. The aircraft also has a search & track radar.

Engine: Depends on aircraft variant.

Maximum Speed: Mach 2.05

Service Ceiling: 15,250 meters (50,000 feet)

G Limit: ?

Combat Radius: Internal fuel - 1100 km; 683 miles.
With internal fuel & four 250 kg. bombs - 370 km; 230 miles.
With two 250kg bombs and drop tanks - 740 km; 460 miles.
A ferry range with three fuel tanks - 1800 km; 1118 miles.

Armament: One twin-barrel 23mm GSh-23 gun with 200 rounds, in the belly pack. Has four under wing pylons for weapons or drop tanks. Can carry air-to-air missiles, rocket pods, bombs, drop tanks and other types of ordnance. In the case of the Bison, the aircraft can carry TV Guided bombs like the KAB 500.

Maximum External Stores Load: FL; 500 kg; 1102 lbs.
..........................................M/MF; 2000 kg; 4409 lbs.
..........................................bis version; 2000 kg; 4409 lbs.
..........................................U/UM/US version; 1000 kg; 2204 lbs.

Self Defence: Depends on the version of the aircraft
Short answer in Pakistan being replace with JF 17 and these copies are new not thirty plus years old and sure never called flying coffins. Pls not quote further.

sorry I got bored after reading 2 sentences.
what is your issue?

No criticism but all the Tejas displays i have seen seemed to be performed at high speed, never seen it doing high alpha or a muscle climb. It has good smoke winders, executing such manoeuvres will look impressive.
Albeit i heard that Farnborough Team will be managing the show still i expect the JF-17 to put up same show as in Paris.

Well aid about LCA, the Indians raise similar questions about JFT but their own jet have not perform those.

Back
Top Bottom