What's new

Bahrain Airshow: What to expect? Tejas vs JF-17

Anything the LCA would do will be new to spectators and therefore be impressive (to an extent of course) by default. However, people have already seen the JF-17 many times before at air shows.
Hence, to impress the audience, the PAF will have to perform something completely radical.

would love to see both birds in sky in the same airshow. though it would be interesting indeed specially for the people thought LCA is more credible than JF. however it is always the sky where birds proves their potential and let see who can see it smartly and chose the bird wisely. it would be more justified if the birds are chosen per true capabilities and potentials rather being acquiring as per master's choice or thinking with rival minds. I hope for the best for JF indeed and also at last the wish would come true seeing both birds in the same air show so the analysis could be done fairly of these two A/Cs as per their respective capabilities. way to go team Pakistan. and i hope their wouldn't be any lame excuses at one's part but attitude should be in learning mode. Pakistan Zindabad

so also JF has proven a lot already by participating in different air shows yet battle proven as well however LCA has a long way to go and come closer to the mark where JF already stands. well lets see if makes it to the podium. Pakistan Zindabad

Anything the LCA would do will be new to spectators and therefore be impressive (to an extent of course) by default. However, people have already seen the JF-17 many times before at air shows.
Hence, to impress the audience, the PAF will have to perform something completely radical.

I would have to disagree .. the LCA has performed in Aero India's ... so it's not as if we're going to see LCA perform for the first time ... If there is a"first time effect" it would be there for both the fighter jets, as JFT has never performed at Bahrain either. However the collective effect of both these jets would be there, as the people that follow the developments would know that two rivaling teams would be there competing and trying to create a bigger impact etc.

The thing to really watch out for, would be -- to what limit are these jets pushed ... Would the IAF be comfortable going ALL OUT with the LCA, with the known problems that the platform faces ... with the FOC delays etc. Secondly to what limits can both these aircrafts be pushed knowing the strict regulations of the airshow that have to be considered ...

Another thing I'd like to point out, it was indicated that LCA was going to perform with the reports coming out and the media with all the buzz ... PAF in the same time frame (when HAL/DRDO/IAF were going over their decision over Bahrain) was invited by Marrakech airshow which is to be held in April of 2016 and the discussions about the JFT's next "big" participation in an airshow were surrounding around the JFT going to Africa (Marrakech) to perform, however when the confirmations for LCA's flying in Bahrain came ... PAF also confirmed the Bahrain airshow .... and we all know that there have been rumors revolving around India offering Tejas to SLAF after there was interest shown by Srilanka in the JFT .. so ... you can infer your own results ... but seems like there is alot more on the line then what appears to be on face value ...

Lastly, I'm going a little off topic .. but I find it quite amusing ... the fact that when Pakistanis on PDF were bringing out the point that the JFT has been aggressively marketed, has been participating in international airshows be it China, Turkey, UAE, France etc. and this point was treated as "bohooo" by the Indians, as if it was nothing ... yet when its the LCA .. wow .. you have threads opening at the possibilities of it flying in the airshow ...Then a thread at the confirmation ... heck we even have a thread opening at a mock up version put up in some square ..:cheesy:

Last edited:
How about another vertical take off ehh ... :smokin:
If this little beast of ours has pulled this stunt off, it really has matured since its inception. The engine issues I believe are all but sorted out (smoke!!.)
The real question however, is can it pull this off at full payload?

If this little beast of ours has pulled this stunt off, it really has matured since its inception. The engine issues I believe are all but sorted out (smoke!!.)
The real question however, is can it pull this off at full payload?

The real question is would it could be do the same with full internal fuel (without payload)?
Su-27 which done Pugachev Cobra, are strip as much that it weighed nearly half of its original empty weight to do such stunts .

The real question is would it could be do the same with full internal fuel (without payload)?
Su-27 which done Pugachev Cobra, are strip as much that it weighed nearly half of its original empty weight to do such stunts .
I dont know if you and I will get the "real answers" for our questions for JF-17 and if we do then same might be asked about Tejas too.

unless some information is provided in the press brief after the flight display.

I think both aeroplanes will perform the display in clean configuration. performing back to back stunts for the crowd appeasement within visual range is more to do with showing off than practicality so the planes might only be filled enough to perform the acrobats and land back comfortably.

that said Su-27 family is a different beast and in its first appearance in Farnbough air show the Russians performed same stunts with external load as well .. sorry forgot the year its somewhere late 80 to 90s. time. but lets keep non-relevant planes out. we are talking about our own 2 jets here .

The LCA's compound Delta airframe has been the subject of many a debates

So agility and manuverability will be looked at closely

I personally would like to see NFTC Pilots playing with their product. Go for the maximum it is designed for and surprise the crowd with stunts non knew it could pull.

There are rumors JF-17 will not participate in Bahrain airshow.

Is it really possible to pull out after you have confirmed the participation?

The problem is as per the rumor, Bahraini authorities put the name of JF-17 in flying display without confirming from PAF & PAC.

There is still a month left. Lets see what transpires from behind the scenes

Meanwhile Tejas practicing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom