What's new

Arjun mk II ready for trial!

Arjun.JPG

HEHEHEH ABOUT THIS ARJUN MK2

Is that arjun MKII !!!!!!!!!!!!

i heard it was some japanese tank........:frown:

No its not Arjun. Actually this pic is roaming around on the web.

Do we have something like the EMT-7 electromagnetic pulse which was tested on T72 and T90.

EMT-7 is a Russian electromagnetic countermine system for clearing minefields and defense against magnetic mines and enemy armor. It projects an electromagnetic pulse to detonate antitank mines and disrupt electronics before the tank reaches them.

Retired Lt. Col. Anil Bhat, a strategic analyst, pointed out that “the Arjun tank is cumbersome for strategic movement, i.e. to be taken from one sector to another. It is too wide and too heavy to be moved in the railway carriages that we have in India. The comparative trials are just an eyewash as Arjun is incomparable to T-90" owing to the different weight class of both tanks.

:rolleyes:

Ministry of Railways, RDSO, Lucknow were approached in 1992 to conduct a feasibility study for rail transportation of MBT Arjun. The study was based on a two pronged approach i.e. design of a new wagon and modification of existing BWTA wagon. The feasibility report was submitted along with all-India broad gauge railway maps showing sectors where the loaded wagon could move as class ‘A’ ODC and the empty wagon could be run as non-ODC. In consonance, the Army HQ, Q Move (Rail) approved both proposals. The RITES / Texmaco team has delivered prototypes of the new wagon for field trials in 2006, it has been proposed that the case for modification to existing BWTA wagons be foreclosed because the population of the new rail wagons can comfortably match the production schedule of the Arjun MBT.

:pop::partay:

Good news...
But one must understand that T-90 is not the full version of Russian T-90 but a downgraded model...
It is better to have a capable Tank...
Any idea.. what are the futures of MK-2?

That's why it is important to invest on R&D rather than spending billions buying downgrades of foreign goods. This is the only way to move forward militarily and become less dependent on the western technologies when turd hits the fan. China realized this and look how far they are now? It makes the west look stupid with its embargo.

i was just wondering why did DRDO choose to make such a heavy tank in the first place??
any specific reason for this??

Back
Top Bottom