What's new

Arjun mk II ready for trial!

Over all 93 upgrades means they are upgrading all major systems from protection to signature management to sight to automatic target tracking.
Not all the upgrades right now. Do you remember, there was an article which said there would be 2 phases in Arjun mkII. 40-45 something upgrades in 1st phase and the remaining in 2nd phase. All upgrades will be included and tested by 2012.

Sorry to be a bit off topic...but any updates on the Stryker for the Indian Army? I know it was brought to India for Yudh Abys 2010 although not an official trail but have trials been conducted? Or even any form of initial formal enquiry into the purchase such as FMS?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sorry to be a bit off topic...but any updates on the Stryker for the Indian Army? I know it was brought to India for Yudh Abys 2010 although not an official trail but have trials been conducted? Or even any form of initial formal enquiry into the purchase such as FMS?

Thanks for your help in advance.

AFAIK, the Army was impressed by the performance in 'Yudh-Abyas' (which was a quasi-trial) and there was inter-service discussions followed by inter-governmental ones. That is as last heard about. If further movement takes place, it may follow the FMS route.

there were reports of India-US jointly develop combat vehicle after Yudh Abhyas 2009 but no reports after that.

US-India deal to develop combat vehicle: Report | StratPost

This has nothing to do with the Stryker and last I heard it was still under development but is moving along, albeit very slowly. And yes, India is a partner. I'm surprised it's not mentioned more often on PDF as it is quite impressive esp the foresight shown by IA.

Joint Light Tactical Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India Signs Up For JLTV

India Signs Up for Next Phase of Joint Light Tactical Vehicle Program

This has nothing to do with the Stryker and last I heard it was still under development but is moving along
Do you have any info when it will come under production ?// Regarding Stryker, no India is not going for it. We have decided to develop our own, the project is called FICV.
Indian Companies to Build FICV for Army | India Defence Online

Also I think we should have gone for our own tactical vehicle. Our auto industry is good. Also the problem is our need might not match US requirement.

We have many kinds of terrain in our country and in our neighborhood. I think this project would have been better and cheaper if given to our auto industries just like FICV project.

This has nothing to do with the Stryker and last I heard it was still under development but is moving along, albeit very slowly. And yes, India is a partner. I'm surprised it's not mentioned more often on PDF as it is quite impressive esp the foresight shown by IA.

Joint Light Tactical Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India Signs Up For JLTV

India Signs Up for Next Phase of Joint Light Tactical Vehicle Program

@Abingdonboy,
my reading is similar to yours. The Stryker has been the subject of discussions, and may be later part of a FMS transaction.

@Abingdonboy,
my reading is similar to yours. The Stryker has been the subject of discussions, and may be later part of a FMS transaction.
I don't know, I read FICV will take the place of Stryker in our country. Although General Dynamics might develop a JV to enter for this race but right now General Dynamics have no tie up like Mahindra-BAE, OFB-Rosoboronexport.

When can we see Arjun mkII ???/

Last edited:
@Abingdonboy,

Which would be another bad and political choice, without making a real evaluation with other contenders. There are several issues with the Stryker because of it's light armor and defense capabilities against RPGs. That's why they developed upgrades including theses cages around the vehicle, but now the weight increases a lot and they don't fit into the C130s anymore, as it was planed earlier.

Back
Top Bottom