What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

This guy has really turned the Arab world on its head in a great way, but especially Egyptian people. He's made the entire population of 105+ million exceptionally proud. When an individual gains such stardom in the most popular sport in the world; a super difficult status to achieve as everyone can imagine and then has moments like this occur on a regular basis whenever they conditions present themselves is only an affirmation of that success.

This is really something else! @The SC @Falcon29 @Philip the Arab @Indos is this typically the kind of reaction reserved for people such as Pele, Maradona, Messi? Did those super stars ever receive such fandom appreciation as this, even? I don't recall if they did to be honest. And the first two in that short list are legends of a historical level. This here is truly something else.

He's truly an inspiration bro, I remember when he was first gaining momentum in the soccer league and everyone was excited to follow him. Even more when he plays with Egypt during the international tournaments. It's a shame in the US we don't really cover soccer as much as we should. Football(NFL) is the huge thing here. Basketball get's covered a lot too but it ain't fun to watch anymore. Btw apparently the world cup is in Qatar next year, does this mean he will represent Egypt there?

Muhammad Salah is also wellknown in Indonesia as football is our most popular sport. It is unfortunate that he was not really fit when Egypt played in World Cup

Indonesia also has players playing in foreign countries like Malaysia, South Korea, and Europe

This is our national player playing in striker position and played in Europe

Egy Maulana

View attachment 778783

Outstanding. I think he got taken out by some nitwit on Portugal, maybe? Took him down and hurt his arm and shoulder in the first match they played, IIRC.

It really is an inspirational thing like @Falcon29 said that these players do so well in not only the sport, but representing their country of origin while carrying themselves in an excellent manner, while at the same time, making an entire, ginormous population so proud of them.

His first name is very interesting; it's like half of Egypt lol! :lol: 👍

He's truly an inspiration bro, I remember when he was first gaining momentum in the soccer league and everyone was excited to follow him. Even more when he plays with Egypt during the international tournaments. It's a shame in the US we don't really cover soccer as much as we should. Football(NFL) is the huge thing here. Basketball get's covered a lot too but it ain't fun to watch anymore. Btw apparently the world cup is in Qatar next year, does this mean he will represent Egypt there?

I think he has said that he won't be playing for the Egyptian national team anymore because it was just too much or something like that. I think he just didn't want to play with a team that wasn't coached well and most of all, didn't have the same caliber players that he's used to on Liverpool. I don't blame him one bit TBH. Why play with a bunch of goonigoogoos who will bring you down to their level? 100% pass from me.

Huge NFL fans here because of what Tom Brady has done for our New England Patriots. Your Detroit Lions should have a much better team this year also. But yeah, 6 championships and 9 super bowl appearances in just the last 20 years was like living a pair of dream decades, man. But yes, I totally agree and the MLS is actually getting better year after year and has its own niche of fans, but I don't think it will ever break into the top 4 main sports of the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL. Even NASCAR which might have the largest fan base between all sports still hasn't broken into that top four in popularity. It's really interesting and even with the growing field of women's soccer which have played unbelievably and I think they won the gold in the Olympic if I'm not mistaken, still can't push the sport into the main limelight.

I think he has said that he won't be playing for the Egyptian national team anymore because it was just too much or something like that. I think he just didn't want to play with a team that wasn't coached well and most of all, didn't have the same caliber players that he's used to on Liverpool. I don't blame him one bit TBH. Why play with a bunch of goonigoogoos who will bring you down to their level? 100% pass from me.

I don't blame him either but I imagine his fanbase will pressure him into representing Egypt during the world cup.

Huge NFL fans here because of what Tom Brady has done for our New England Patriots.

You're a Brady fan bro ....
picard-facepalm.jpg

Your Detroit Lions should have a much better team this year also.

Nah, we will be bad as usual. I've been saying forever now we should sell this qawaad team and quit from nfl. Fans keep going to the games and delaying the inevitable, though. :lol:

But yeah, 6 championships and 9 super bowl appearances in just the last 20 years was like living a pair of dream decades, man. But yes, I totally agree and the MLS is actually getting better year after year and has its own niche of fans, but I don't think it will ever break into the top 4 main sports of the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL. Even NASCAR which might have the largest fan base between all sports still hasn't broken into that top four in popularity. It's really interesting and even with the growing field of women's soccer which have played unbelievably and I think they won the gold in the Olympic if I'm not mistaken, still can't push the sport into the main limelight.

Agree with what you said, I wonder if Nascar dies out when they have to go all-electric. Kind of defeats the purpose of the experience, no? Soccer for me catches my attention but only in the World Cups. NHL I still can't stomach but MLB and Golf can be really fun to watch during the right moods.

Salam al...wait I'm not Arab. Sorry,wrong place! 😋

Welcome welcome welcome, man. It doesn't matter and especially these days where Greece is so welcomed in the Arab world that you folks are considered part of us whether you like it or not lmao. And I don't even need to mention it but with the history of Greece & Egypt and the current relationship (diplomatically, militarily & socially) it's almost like we're blood brothers & sisters.

Heck you guys were using our LHDs last year during Medusa exercise like it was yours! No one else is allowed -- in that manner -- to come near our 2 Mistrals let alone land their choppers on them and bring in armored vehicles and troops and make landings & takeoffs etc. But you guys were buzzing off those things with your Apaches and naval special forces etc. I was blown away. The only thing I think you weren't doing was navigating and captaining the ships loool. If that isn't trust in a relationship that is at it's peak and best time, I don't know what would define that!

Related to that which surprised me to some extent is how the Greek Apache pilots (without much training from Egyptian Ka-52 pilots) seemed to immediately and very skillfully land and takeoff from the deck of the two ships, despite the Hellenic Navy not having any helicopter carriers, yet.

People might think it's not that complicated, but there is a special process they have to undergo during both, landings and takeoffs which entails hovering at a certain altitude off and to the side of the ship and the landing spot away from the deck and actually over the water. Then move sideways at that specific altitude (which is something like 15-20 meters or so to line up over the marked, circle spot and once lined up, land as softly as possible. The exact reverse for takeoff. But the Greek pilots were doing it perfectly right off the bat, right away under both ship's navigational states [ships still & ships cruising] the latter of course much more difficult.

So that was definitely impressive that it seemed the Greek pilots were probably experienced from previous exercises and exact training with other forces like the French and US etc.

And you folks just signed quite the pact with Saudi Arabia a few weeks ago, no? I think there was also a UAE one somewhere in the midst of all that so you're GreekoArabio! :lol:

You're a Brady fan bro ....
picard-facepalm.jpg

Well yeah, ma man! How could I not be?! The guy played for our team and is the GOAT, right? I'm certainly not surprised by the anti-Brady sentiments that exist outside of our fanbase since he doesn't/didn't play for their teams. But if and when he's playing for their teams, they would love him in a heartbeat.

How could you not at least respect the one QB who certainly wears the crown of the "greatest of all time" in the NFL even if he doesn't play on your team. AND, to leave the Pats and go to Tampa Bay and not only take them to the super bowl right away in the first year, but also win it!!!!!!!! I mean, this is unprecedented, ma bro! Huge respect at least, no? OH yeah, I almost forgot, he also did all of this at the age of 44!!!!!

They asked him last week how much longer he thinks he'll play and he said he'd like to play until he's 50 LOL! I wouldn't doubt if he pulls it off. I just can't believe the Pats let him go. New guy "Mac Jones" is looking amazing and the Pats might've scored big time on drafting this kid. Another Brady maybe. Or close to it since I don't think there will ever be another Tom Brady, ma bro. What's up with the chagrin distain ya Rayis? lol

Welcome welcome welcome, man. It doesn't matter and especially these days where Greece is so welcomed in the Arab world that you folks are considered part of us whether you like it or not lmao. And I don't even need to mention it but with the history of Greece & Egypt and the current relationship (diplomatically, militarily & socially) it's almost like we're blood brothers & sisters.

Heck you guys were using our LHDs last year during Medusa exercise like it was yours! No one else is allowed -- in that manner -- to come near our 2 Mistrals let alone land their choppers on them and bring in armored vehicles and troops and make landings & takeoffs etc. But you guys were buzzing off those things with your Apaches and naval special forces etc. I was blown away. The only thing I think you weren't doing was navigating and captaining the ships loool. If that isn't trust in a relationship that is at it's peak and best time, I don't know what would define that!

Related to that which surprised me to some extent is how the Greek Apache pilots (without much training from Egyptian Ka-52 pilots) seemed to immediately and very skillfully land and takeoff from the deck of the two ships, despite the Hellenic Navy not having any helicopter carriers, yet.

People might think it's not that complicated, but there is a special process they have to undergo during both, landings and takeoffs which entails hovering at a certain altitude off and to the side of the ship and the landing spot away from the deck and actually over the water. Then move sideways at that specific altitude (which is something like 15-20 meters or so to line up over the marked, circle spot and once lined up, land as softly as possible. The exact reverse for takeoff. But the Greek pilots were doing it perfectly right off the bat, right away under both ship's navigational states [ships still & ships cruising] the latter of course much more difficult.

So that was definitely impressive that it seemed the Greek pilots were probably experienced from previous exercises and exact training with other forces like the French and US etc.

And you folks just signed quite the pact with Saudi Arabia a few weeks ago, no? I think there was also a UAE one somewhere in the midst of all that so you're GreekoArabio! :lol:

Weynak ya Misry? 🤜🤛 Yes those excercises were epic from what they said on TV here too,back then. And they were surprised that only us were allowed to use the Mistrals. Did you see footage of the new exercises between Greece,Egypt,Saudi Arabia and UAE?
Lots of exercises coming up.

Yeah our guys have trained with French and Americans a lot. And the Egyptian Air Force has an incredible inventory now. I mean look at all the jet fighters and attack helicopters you guys have. Certain neighbors should take that in mind! :P

Weynak ya Misry? 🤜🤛 Yes those excercises were epic from what they said on TV here too,back then. And they were surprised that only us were allowed to use the Mistrals. Did you see footage of the new exercises between Greece,Egypt,Saudi Arabia and UAE?

Yes, a few of the joint SFO pics have surfaced.

1632559953573.png

1632559984645.png

1632560040311.png

1632560060368.png

1632560469103.png

1632560810700.png

Lots of exercises coming up.

Yeah our guys have trained with French and Americans a lot. And the Egyptian Air Force has an incredible inventory now. I mean look at all the jet fighters and attack helicopters you guys have. Certain neighbors should take that in mind! :P

And when you get your Rafales, we'll see a lot more very cool joint action.

Look at these three loool. They're like BFFs lmao. Greek, Egyptian and Cypriot foreign ministers are like best friends. You gotta love it.

1632559903590.png

Yes, a few of the joint SFO pics have surfaced.

View attachment 780024

View attachment 780025

View attachment 780026

View attachment 780027

View attachment 780028

View attachment 780029

And when you get your Rafales, we'll see a lot more very cool joint action.

Look at these three loool. They're like BFFs lmao. Greek, Egyptian and Cypriot foreign ministers are like best friends. You gotta love it.

View attachment 780023
I saw that exercise on the news,it was very cinematic. Chinooks and humvees and bikes and crazy stuff. Special forces landing and everything!

I saw that exercise on the news,it was very cinematic. Chinooks and humvees and bikes and crazy stuff. Special forces landing and everything!

Look at this beauty! :-)

1633220409799.png

I'm reading the super excitement out of Greece all over Twitter it's awesome. Neighbors must be crapping their pants, bro lol! :D

Look at this beauty! :-)

View attachment 781706

I'm reading the super excitement out of Greece all over Twitter it's awesome. Neighbors must be crapping their pants, bro lol! :D
They say they will soon have their own 5th generation stealth fighter,TFX and MIUS and their own indigenous AESA radar. When it comes to the navy,they talk about the Istanbul class and the TF-2000.
Do you know that there were members here who claimed Turkey can defeat Egypt in a war? Egypt! Meanwhile hundreds of their air force officers and pilots were sacked and they are stocking up spare parts on their F-16s.

They say they will soon have their own 5th generation stealth fighter,TFX and MIUS and their own indigenous AESA radar. When it comes to the navy,they talk about the Istanbul class and the TF-2000.
Do you know that there were members here who claimed Turkey can defeat Egypt in a war? Egypt! Meanwhile hundreds of their air force officers and pilots were sacked and they are stocking up spare parts on their F-16s.

lol. It will be great when all the Greek Rafales are delivered and then Medusa and Hercules will have very compatible platforms between both countries performing together, like the F-16s, Mirage 2Ks, and Rafales. Not to mention rotary platforms in the Apaches and Chinooks.

Which reminds me, remember I mentioned how you guys use the Mistrals like no one else? I think I figured out why the EN makes that happen and actually has no qualms about it and even encourages it beyond normalcy; because of all the islands you guys have. That's like the ultimate platform for the Hellenic navy to have in order to quickly defend any hostile island invasion or similar action. I would think some type of LHD of similar platform or even the same Mistrals would be in the Hellenic navy's future plans.

lol. It will be great when all the Greek Rafales are delivered and then Medusa and Hercules will have very compatible platforms between both countries performing together, like the F-16s, Mirage 2Ks, and Rafales. Not to mention rotary platforms in the Apaches and Chinooks.

Which reminds me, remember I mentioned how you guys use the Mistrals like no one else? I think I figured out why the EN makes that happen and actually has no qualms about it and even encourages it beyond normalcy; because of all the islands you guys have. That's like the ultimate platform for the Hellenic navy to have in order to quickly defend any hostile island invasion or similar action. I would think some type of LHD of similar platform or even the same Mistrals would be in the Hellenic navy's future plans.
In the future maybe. For now I wish we could buy 4 FREMM as well or at least 2 and some of those Ambassador Mk III fast attack craft that you guys have. If the Turks don't find a solution for their Air Force,we will probably have superiority in the air. As soon as we get the first 6 or 12 Rafale and some of the F-16Vs. I think we still have,if they haven't replaced the pilots they sacked in order. They have more F-16s but we have better versions.

Back
Top Bottom