What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@Falcon29 , this thread should be stickied in the ME section. Not only is it not stickied, but it's in the common thread section of the Arab Defense Forum?! Weird. Anyway, there's a consortium of bird photographers on Twitter that take pictures of rarer and more uncommon birds that even avid birders don't see too often and most are from the US and UK with the occasional South East Asian and African, but I was pleasantly surprised today and this fellow posted this picture.

I can ask to get it stickied in this section.

Man am I the only one who thinks birds are some of the cutest animals out there? That is a cute bird where is it based in the Arab world? I love most kinds of birds, finches and canaries are really adorable too. :-)

I can ask to get it stickied in this section.

Man am I the only one who thinks birds are some of the cutest animals out there? That is a cute bird where is it based in the Arab world? I love most kinds of birds, finches and canaries are really adorable too. :-)

I didn't know much about it either until that tweet. I just looked it up and it's found in Saudiya, Oman and Yemen. Cute little bugger.

Beautiful song. :)

@Amun is this song about love (hearth broken lady) ?

It seems like it , she's saying she won't permit this guy to affect her feelings nor bring her subject up around people for enjoyment.

@-SINAN-

Apparently she's part of a french band. Was trying to look her up to see if she's an singer based in Egypt.

It seems like it , she's saying she won't permit this guy to affect her feelings nor bring her subject up around people for enjoyment.

@-SINAN-

Apparently she's part of a french band. Was trying to look her up to see if she's an singer based in Egypt.
I heard this song in a serial for the first time.

Became very popular in Turkey after that. :)

I heard this song in a serial for the first time.

Became very popular in Turkey after that. :)

Haha , yeah I noticed with the Turkish comments on video. It fits in with this scene well. Egyptians are good at music, there are lots of songs they have which are pretty popular. Some not the most popular but good too.

@Gomig-21 @Amun @The SC @Philip the Arab and any other Arab member i failed to mention.

Guys, i think you are not following Turkish politics (and you i don't think you have any reliable news outlet to follow in the first place) but recent polls, new parties, new leaders shows with a very high probability that Erdogan will lose the next elections. With Erdogan, you can be sure that his MB ideology and project will go to garbage. New Turkish politicians would revert back to Republican Ideology and with a very high probablity will seek to mend relations with US, EU, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE.

What do you think about mending relations with Turkey after Erdogan is gone? I know that Turkey-Arab relations is not like Iran-Arab relations. But i would very like to hear your opinions on this.

Last edited:
Guys, i think you are not following Turkish politics (and you i don't think you have any reliable news outlet to follow in the first place)

lol. That is so biased and so silly on so many levels that's it's actually insulting. But I'm thinking it's just plain old ignorance and bias so I won't hold it against you.

but recent polls, new parties, new leaders shows with a very high probability that Erdogan will lose the next elections.

I'm actually very ware of that and there are several nighttime TV programs that have been discussing that. Not to mention all the western media we actually are capable of reading, imagine that!? :lol:

With Erdogan, you can be sure that his MB ideology and project will go to garbage. New Turkish politicians would revert back to Republican Ideology and with a very high probablity will seek to mend relations with US, EU, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE.

What do you think about mending relations with Turkey after Erdogan is gone? I know that Turkey-Arab relations is not like Iran-Arab relations. But i would very like to hear your opinions on this.

Not a huge priority, TBH. But if it happens, we'd most certainly welcome it with open arms. Remember now, we never started this beef and it was actually Erdogan who took the stance against Sissi from the start and created this whole tension and bad atmosphere. We just reacted to it. So yeah, if that happens and the MB gets taken out, we would be fine with it.

Sissi will actually will be facing a very similar situation when his time is up, and people like myself want to see him end his 2nd term and move aside for the next president to be elected. If he starts changing things by pressuring the parliament to change the current term limit and things of that sort to give him more time as president, I might be open to that for an additional 2 years so he can finish a lot of the stuff he's started and set the elections and be ready for them. But if he finds a way to stay as the president for an additional or unlimited terms, then there will be a lot of problems and I certainly won't be supportive of him any more. He's done A LOT of good for Egypt (contrary to the common thinking out there) but Egypt has been developing at an unprecedented rate, all because of him and his cabinet and many of the policies he's supported. So giving him a little more time to finish a lot of the things he started during this critical period in Egypt's history is important and I might be open to it. But if he starts playing the limitless term president thing, that will be the end of him.

lol. That is so biased and so silly on so many levels that's it's actually insulting. But I'm thinking it's just plain old ignorance and bias so I won't hold it against you.

I'm actually very ware of that and there are several nighttime TV programs that have been discussing that. Not to mention all the western media we actually are capable of reading, imagine that!? :lol:

Come on dude, do you know the new Parties; Gelecek and Deva Party, their leaders or the latest polls?
No foreign media outlet goes in these details. There are limited Turkish Media outlets that's in English like, Daily Sabah, Hürriyet Daily, TRT World. They are all under heavy influence from the government and they don't publish these kind of news.

If you know Turkish and can get your news from independent Turkish youtube channels, i will take my words back. :)

Not a huge priority, TBH. But if it happens, we'd most certainly welcome it with open arms. Remember now, we never started this beef and it was actually Erdogan who took the stance against Sissi from the start and created this whole tension and bad atmosphere. We just reacted to it. So yeah, if that happens and the MB gets taken out, we would be fine with it.
Inshallah, all these new politicians that i mentioned heavily criticize Erdogan's foreign policy, which based on a failed ideology and putting Turkey's interests in the second plan for the sake of his Islamist ideology.

I remember, Egypt was showing interest in Altay tank and Turkish UAVs back by then, everything ruined by Erdogan.....

Sissi will actually will be facing a very similar situation when his time is up, and people like myself want to see him end his 2nd term and move aside for the next president to be elected. If he starts changing things by pressuring the parliament to change the current term limit and things of that sort to give him more time as president, I might be open to that for an additional 2 years so he can finish a lot of the stuff he's started and set the elections and be ready for them. But if he finds a way to stay as the president for an additional or unlimited terms, then there will be a lot of problems and I certainly won't be supportive of him any more. He's done A LOT of good for Egypt (contrary to the common thinking out there) but Egypt has been developing at an unprecedented rate, all because of him and his cabinet and many of the policies he's supported. So giving him a little more time to finish a lot of the things he started during this critical period in Egypt's history is important and I might be open to it. But if he starts playing the limitless term president thing, that will be the end of him.

Turkey should not interfere with Egypt's internal issues. This was the ideology of Turkey since 1923 set by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk by saying "Peace at Home, peace in the world". I'm sure that Turkey will revert back to factory settings and stop interfering other countries internal issues.

I'm not familiar with the many policies of Sisi. I follow an ex-Admiral named Cem Gürdeniz, he is the creator of Turkey's Blue Homeland doctrine. A few days ago, he published an article about Egyptian Navy, in that article he kind of praises Sisi for although being a Land Forces General, seeing the importance of the Navy and creating new doctrines and modernizing the navy. All i hear about Sisi (from Neutral sources) he has been a good leader for Egypt.

Though, in my opinion he is diversifying suppliers of the platforms by purchasing platforms from different countries. If i was in his shoes, i would kind of invest in indigenous production. It would be better for Egypt in the long term, though i don't know the urgency for modernization and threat perception in Egypt. I don't see much threat against Egypt from any country.

@-SINAN-

Hello bro .. @-SINAN- .... yes it is just like what our friend said ... and it is with Egyptian accent Arabic as well .... BTW Egypt is the cultural hump for the Arab World ... be it Songs ,Movies , theatre...etc ...

my Favorite singer is Amr Diab .... he is #1 in the Arab World
and my favorite song is Aodony

Do you imagine that this song, music and video is from 22 years ago ...!:yahoo:

Come on dude, do you know the new Parties; Gelecek and Deva Party, their leaders or the latest polls?
No foreign media outlet goes in these details. There are limited Turkish Media outlets that's in English like, Daily Sabah, Hürriyet Daily, TRT World. They are all under heavy influence from the government and they don't publish these kind of news.

If you know Turkish and can get your news from independent Turkish youtube channels, i will take my words back. :)

Inshallah, all these new politicians that i mentioned heavily criticize Erdogan's foreign policy, which based on a failed ideology and putting Turkey's interests in the second plan for the sake of his Islamist ideology.

I remember, Egypt was showing interest in Altay tank and Turkish UAVs back by then, everything ruined by Erdogan.....

Turkey should not interfere with Egypt's internal issues. This was the ideology of Turkey since 1923 set by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk by saying "Peace at Home, peace in the world". I'm sure that Turkey will revert back to factory settings and stop interfering other countries internal issues.

I'm not familiar with the many policies of Sisi. I follow an ex-Admiral named Cem Gürdeniz, he is the creator of Turkey's Blue Homeland doctrine. A few days ago, he published an article about Egyptian Navy, in that article he kind of praises Sisi for although being a Land Forces General, seeing the importance of the Navy and creating new doctrines and modernizing the navy. All i hear about Sisi (from Neutral sources) he has been a good leader for Egypt.

Though, in my opinion he is diversifying suppliers of the platforms by purchasing platforms from different countries. If i was in his shoes, i would kind of invest in indigenous production. It would be better for Egypt in the long term, though i don't know the urgency for modernization and threat perception in Egypt. I don't see much threat against Egypt from any country.

As I told you before .... we had nothing regarding Turkey ... and I believe if a friendly government comes to power in Turkey .... things will be neutralized and both Nations can benefit a lot ....

Regarding Elsisi .... as my friend @Gomig-21 said .... He has done a lot for Egypt .... and on the contrary of what you are seeing here in PDF or MB media .... Egyptian main stream opinions are supporting him ...
It is not only the military buildup ( which common Egyptians are not aware of ) but regarding news cities, houses ,roads , Health Insurance , manufacturing, agriculture ...etc .

the only draw back is the political atmosphere which is something mutual between Elsisi and the opposition which is immature.

for me , let him finish all those great projects that will change the life of Millions of Egyptians within his 2 terms and prepare the country for a healthy political atmosphere ..... if he did that .... he will be

Immortalize in the Egyptian history.:agree:

@-SINAN- , this is pretty crazy. Cutting all social media? Is he insane? Will the parliament allow it and are they gripped by his power or will they tell him to go to hell?

Turkey's system changed a few year ago, now they have near to no power and unfortunelty AKP&MHP is majority in parliament and they are executing what Erdogan orders them.

This is the last struggles of the dictator since his last video in youtube got 400k dislikes from the youth.

Adsız.jpg

Anyways, i hope that he closes all social media and he would face protests 10x times more than 2013 Gezi Protest.

But i don't think, he would dare to close social media. Maybe, he would close one insignificant one like tiktok, to threaten others... but you can't wage war on technology. :laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:

I never understood why many Arab channels use potato cameras in 2020, could it be for cheaper transmission?

@Gomig-21 @Amun @The SC @Philip the Arab and any other Arab member i failed to mention.

Guys, i think you are not following Turkish politics (and you i don't think you have any reliable news outlet to follow in the first place) but recent polls, new parties, new leaders shows with a very high probability that Erdogan will lose the next elections. With Erdogan, you can be sure that his MB ideology and project will go to garbage. New Turkish politicians would revert back to Republican Ideology and with a very high probablity will seek to mend relations with US, EU, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE.

Erdogen has created a lot of problems by embracing the Muslim brotherhood and by pushing their ideology throughout the Muslim worlds, especially in the maghreb area where the medkhalists( wahabi dogma) and the brothers found a new land where they may prosper..He is also using the grandeur of what used to be the ottoman Empire and and act up on it to restore that area of influence..
I do not follow Turkish politics, but speaking of Algeria, his win or demise at the coming election won't change much...Algeria's ties with any country is based on ties with population and the country as whole, not on the acting president...because presidents come and go and people will be always the same..

Erdogen has created a lot of problems by embracing the Muslim brotherhood and by pushing their ideology throughout the Muslim worlds, especially in the maghreb area where the medkhalists( wahabi dogma) and the brothers found a new land where they may prosper..He is also using the grandeur of what used to be the ottoman Empire and and act up on it to restore that area of influence..
I do not follow Turkish politics, but speaking of Algeria, his win or demise at the coming election won't change much...Algeria's ties with any country is based on ties with population and the country as whole, not on the acting president...because presidents come and go and people will be always the same..
The thing is for decades Turkey isolated itself from the ME issues. Never took sides, never involved itself with any war or civil war in ME. However this changed with Erdogan.

Man, i had this feeling back in 2016 when Turkish army entered in Syria to defeat Daesh. After months operation successfully ended. I was thinking; Erdogan had a taste of military victory this might continue.
Then what happened;
2017 - Troops entered Idlib and set up bases
2018 - Troops entered Afrin and got control of the Area
2019 - Troops entered Tel Abyad , Resulayn began to control the Area
2020 - Troops fought against Assad Regime, large incursion in to Iraq, Directly involving into Libya.

What i fear is an all out war with a country. As Erdogan losing popularity and his votes getting melted, i kind of fear that he might start war with a country to rally support for himself, Inshallah such a thing won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom