What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@denel @Gomig-21 @HannibalBarca

Man this Ramadan has been hitting me hard, I'm can't get time to eat enough before I'm already tired. It's rather long where I live, about 17 hours. Assuming you do suhoor before sunrise, which I don't. I eat earlier so it's basically like 19 hours a day. The thirst isn't bothering me, I'm just hungry, and I have a smaller threshold now when it comes to eating, lol.

Good news is we are more than half way down.

Man this Ramadan has been hitting me hard, I'm can't get time to eat enough before I'm already tired. It's rather long where I live, about 17 hours. Assuming you do suhoor before sunrise, which I don't. I eat earlier so it's basically like 19 hours a day. The thirst isn't bothering me, I'm just hungry, and I have a smaller threshold now when it comes to eating, lol.

MashAllah ya basha, Rebenna y'se7elha 3aleik InshaAllah ya kbeir! :-)
17 hours, wow. You must be in Arizona or west coast or somewhere like that. Here in Boston it's 15 hours and 6 minutes exactly but I'm like you, never cut suhoor close to sunrise and actually eat and have coffee a couple of hours earlier around 3;00am and sometimes wait for Fajr but most of the time I'm back out like a lite.

For me it's always been about thirst more than anything else. Food is not as required for some reason but when you're work is pretty physically demanding to a certain extent, you get thirsty very easily. I try to curb my activities during this great month so I don't run my body down. I usually lose about 7 - 10 lbs every Ramadan. So it can be quite difficult but I noticed the older you get, the easier it actually is to go through it TBH. At 52 it's much easier than when I was fasting at oh, say 22 or even 32.

Last edited:

It's almost over.
I dont wake up at suhur, I drink and eat lightly around 00:30 and sleep.
We break fast at 9:30pm ( so I fast for almost 21h)

Is it hard? Not much, Im used to it.
But I do get thirsty, sometimes a lot,but I manage to control it.

The Key is control of your emotion and your needs. Remember you are stronger than them.

Last edited:
MashAllah ya basha, Rebenna y'se7elha 3aleik InshaAllah ya kbeir! :-)
17 hours, wow. You must be in Arizona or west coast or somewhere like that. Here in Boston it's 15 hours and 6 minutes exactly but I'm like you, never cut suhoor close to sunrise and actually eat and have coffee a couple of hours earlier around 3;00am and sometimes wait for Fajr but most of the time I'm back out like a lite.

For me it's always been about thirst more than anything else. Food is not as required for some reason but when you're work is pretty physically demanding to a certain extent, you get thirsty very easily. I try to curb my activities during this great month so I don't run my body down. I usually lose about 7 - 10 lbs every Ramadan. So it can be quite difficult but I noticed the older you get, the easier it actually is to go through it TBH. At 52 it's much easier than when I was fasting at oh, say 22 or even 32.

باراك الله فيك يا شيخ، ربنا يتقبل صيامك وصيامنا

I am in the MidWest so the times have been rough last few years here. That is rough if you have to do physically demanding work, I can't imagine. I was actually pretty thirsty the first few days but now it's just hunger. My body wants more nutrients and I can feel it. Most people seem to complain about gaining weight in Ramadan while I always lose weight,lol. Glad I'm not the only one. Had no idea you where 52 btw, so let me know if calling you sheikh offends you. If I knew you personally I'd have to call you Amo as I'm a young adult, lol.

Forgot to tag @Mhmoud , hope Ramadan is going for well you too. :)

It's almost over.
I dont wake up at suhur, I drink and eat lightly around 00:30 and sleep.
We break fast at 9:30pm ( so I fast for almost 21h)

Is it hard? Not much, Im used to it.
But I do get thirsty, sometimes a lot,but I manage to control it.

The Key is control of your emotion and your needs. Remember you are stronger than them.

We break fast around same time, a little less. Yeah for me it's usually around 19-20 hours cause I sleep before suhoor. Indeed it's a struggle of emotions/thoughts, on some days you're distracted and some days you think of it. A mid ramadan break for like 1 or 2 days would have been nice, lol. But the prayers/last 10 days are going to be nice days inshallah.

باراك الله فيك يا شيخ، ربنا يتقبل صيامك وصيامنا

I am in the MidWest so the times have been rough last few years here. That is rough if you have to do physically demanding work, I can't imagine. I was actually pretty thirsty the first few days but now it's just hunger. My body wants more nutrients and I can feel it. Most people seem to complain about gaining weight in Ramadan while I always lose weight,lol. Glad I'm not the only one. Had no idea you where 52 btw, so let me know if calling you sheikh offends you. If I knew you personally I'd have to call you Amo as I'm a young adult, lol.

Forgot to tag @Mhmoud , hope Ramadan is going for well you too. :)

We break fast around same time, a little less. Yeah for me it's usually around 19-20 hours cause I sleep before suhoor. Indeed it's a struggle of emotions/thoughts, on some days you're distracted and some days you think of it. A mid ramadan break for like 1 or 2 days would have been nice, lol. But the prayers/last 10 days are going to be nice days inshallah.
Ramadan kereem to you too.
Aso, I wish everyone a pleasant Ramadan, @Gomig-21 @HannibalBarca @Falcon29 @Hamilcar and everybody else too.

Out of the first game of the first rounds it seems that way. All I know who played so far is Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Morocco. I'm sure they'll do better next games. :D

Tunisia is playing tomorrow I believe.

Tunisia plays against England tomorrow inshallah
Egypt has the best chances so far in their group
they can deal with Russia

Tunisia plays against England tomorrow inshallah
Egypt has the best chances so far in their group
they can deal with Russia

I'll be watching it live here in the US, ma bro. I believe it's 8am local time, so while having breakfast! Looking forward to it and will be rooting for Tunisia all the way. Tough matchup against the UK but it can be done. Tunisia has a good team, though.

Peru vs Denmark right now and this is the 2nd time in this WC where an instant replay was called to the ref and a penalty shot awarded as a result. Peruvian player couldn't have missed the net any wider than the shot he took lol! It went 3 meters above the crossbar! :lol:

Good stuff. Egypt's matchup with Russia won't be that easy, with the latter coming off that big-time win they had against Saudiya and all the fans that will be rooting for them. But maybe this will help them a bit.

Mo Salah was seen training today.

Df0z2DPXcAMGCoU.jpg

Df0z2DZXcAA5k94.jpg

Df0z2D8WkAANwET.jpg

I'll be watching it live here in the US, ma bro. I believe it's 8am local time, so while having breakfast! Looking forward to it and will be rooting for Tunisia all the way. Tough matchup against the UK but it can be done. Tunisia has a good team, though.

Peru vs Denmark right now and this is the 2nd time in this WC where an instant replay was called to the ref and a penalty shot awarded as a result. Peruvian player couldn't have missed the net any wider than the shot he took lol! It went 3 meters above the crossbar! :lol:

Good stuff. Egypt's matchup with Russia won't be that easy, with the latter coming off that big-time win they had against Saudiya and all the fans that will be rooting for them. But maybe this will help them a bit.

Mo Salah was seen training today.

Df0z2DPXcAMGCoU.jpg

Df0z2DZXcAA5k94.jpg

Df0z2D8WkAANwET.jpg

hhhhhhhhh
our game would be 7 pm here on the other side of the atlantic :D:D
can't wait to hopefully tease the Brits in the office xD
Tunisia has a good team tactically but we lack a player who can turn chances into goals
both Msekni and Khnisi left a huge gap.
Egypt held its stand against Uruguay and could have ended up with a draw altho Salah wasn't even playing.
You got this my friend
Russia isn't exactly the toughest team out there

hhhhhhhhh
Tunisia has a good team tactically but we lack a player who can turn chances into goals
Egypt held its stand against Uruguay and could have ended up with a draw altho Salah wasn't even playing.
You got this my friend

I thought you were a student in the UK. I imagined you younger... Well Hope we win...But I'm afraid it will be the same again... First half at full speed... and the second one... they will lose their legs...

hhhhhhhhh
You got this my friend

I was actually wrong about the time. I just looked it up to be sure and I mixed it with Germany vs Mexico which is tomorrow at 10am. Tunisia vs England is Monday morning. Might miss that actually.

That would be something if you can walk into the office and have them all buy you lunch! :D

Have you seen the rankings? They're pretty harsh!

Back
Top Bottom