What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Vacation Destination? | Page 3

To continue our discussion from that other thread that we should not derail further. Hence my posting my additional post here.

Madinah:

Bai79COIUAAY_Fs.jpg:large

Door of Kaaba:

a0545d08-05ca-42f9-bffc-0c39e56e162f.JPG

Mountains of Makkah (you don't see them on photos, they are located a few km from the Al-Masjid Al-Haram):

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

4.jpg

See link below for a personal testimony;

The Mountains of Makkah | NidalM Photography

This is how it looks a bit further away from Makkah but still Hijaz:

c7vq.png

I wanted to post many more photos but you can only post 10 photos pr. each post and the links should be enough. Sadly many of the photos in the "Makkah and Madinah updates" thread have disappeared now although there are still many out there.

I will not post more photos I will just refer to those threads below;

"Makkah and Madinah News and Updates"

Saudi Arabia in Pictures | Page 78

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos | Page 35

Especially the first is good for upcoming pilgrims be it for Hajj or Umrah. Although there are so many pilgrims all the time then local Makkawi families who have gathered for pilgrims for generations can be meet if you are lucky. Or those who are "new in the business". They will invite your home for a dinner etc.

Makkah women invite female pilgrims as a yearly tradition | Kingdom | Saudi Gazette

Try contacting someone from Makkah or Madinah beforehand and see if they will help you and your loved ones. There are also Iranians in Makkah and Madinah or people of Iranian descent. I am sure that they would want to help Iranian pilgrims which are one of the biggest groups of Muslim pilgrims there are.

In fact @haman10 you might have noticed how many Pakistani PDF users that are based in KSA. Some also live in Hijaz from what I recall. Try to ask them since their English is good and you can speak with them here on PDF.

Anyway one must also remember that this is a spiritual journey first of all and not some grand sightseeing. Just like pilgrims who go to Mashhad and focus mostly on that although there is probably a lot of interesting things to see outside of doing just that.:)

Otherwise reread my posts number 128 and 131 in this thread below;

Exploring Saudi Arabia's marine wonderland | Page 9

Last edited:
@al-Hasani

Tnx . Arabia is indeed very beautiful . i HAVE to see the mountains of makkah no matter what .

and yeah , there are iranians there who could help but i think the major problem is that my visa type can restrict me from going outside the city .

i might be able to perform hajj in 2-3 years , and i hope till then , the visa issue is fixed .

@al-Hasani

Tnx . Arabia is indeed very beautiful . i HAVE to see the mountains of makkah no matter what .

and yeah , there are iranians there who could help but i think the major problem is that my visa type can restrict me from going outside the city .

i might be able to perform hajj in 2-3 years , and i hope till then , the visa issue is fixed .

You are very welcome. If you want to see the Arabian Peninsula then this thread is absolutely ideal for that. From the first pages to throughout the thread.

When Arab-Iranian (specifically GCC) relations improve (they will ultimately as there is no need for neighbors to be in a constant "cold war state") and both KSA and Iran opens up I am quite sure that there will be mutual traveling. Already is actually. I know that Shia Saudi Arabians are traveling to Iran sometimes to visit the various shrines I believe. While many Iranians are going for Hajj and Umrah. Both ordinary travel for both peoples is still difficult due to a lot of factors that we both know.

Also Iranians are also often travelling to nearby Iraq, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar etc. They should also travel to Oman. A beautiful ancient country with great diversity, heritage and also close to Iran (just across the Gulf of Oman).

Well, I would not have too high hopes of that changing but one can only hope. This would make people more aware of their heritage (a lot is in a dire state although this has been changing for the better in recent years which is good), create infrastructure for international tourism on a big scale etc. Would also open up the country more.

In any case you like anybody else is very welcome to visit and most locals put a great emphasis on hospitality. Politics between unelected regimes are a different matter.

We have one already no? :ph34r:

I was exactly thinking about that. The last thing we need currently in the ME. The Daesh retards have done a lot of harm to the word Caliphate let alone that of Islam regardless of their actions having nothing to do with Islam. Surreal really.

------------

Do any of you guys play Tekken? I have not played video games for centuries but as I wrote a while ago I am thinking about buying a PS4. If I do that I will definitely buy Tekken 7 which is supposed to be released this March.

Especially after this news.
8PHH1.jpeg

Tekken 7 reveals Saudi Arabian character Shaheen • Eurogamer.net

"Shaheen (シャヒーン Shahīn?) is a Saudi Arabian man wearing a keffiyeh on his head. He also wields a scimitar around his waist. Shaheen was first revealed, at that time unnamed, through concept arts and was designed with help from community feedback on social media, particularly those from Saudi Arabia.[28]"

List of Tekken characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite cool actually.

There is also an Egyptian character named Zafina.

@Mahmoud_EGY @Frogman @agentny17 @farag

That skirt.:lol:

Last edited:
I was exactly thinking about that. The last thing we need currently in the ME. The Daesh retards have done a lot of harm to the word Caliphate let alone that of Islam regardless of their actions having nothing to do with Islam. Surreal really.
Someone was really excited about those thugs at the beginning. :whistle: But hes young, he has to learn a lot, i will turn a blind eye on him this time. :D @Falcon29

Yeah i saw it in 9gag and you might get annoyed if i say this but the first thing i thought was isnt Shaheen a Persian word? Can you confirm that? :)

Not short enough. :azn:

Someone was really excited about those thugs at the beginning. :whistle: But hes young, he has to learn a lot, i will turn a blind eye on him this time. :D @Falcon29

Yeah i saw it in 9gag and you might get annoyed if i say this but the first thing i thought was isnt Shaheen a Persian word? Can you confirm that? :)

Not short enough. :azn:

I don't know about that.:)

LOL, why should I be annoyed because of that? It's just a name of a fictional character on Tekken 7. Also Shahin as a name can be found in the Arab world but it is one of the more rarer names. I think that it is a cool name. I don't expect Iranians or basically most of the almost 2 billion Muslims to complain because most of their names are of an Arab origin. I mean now names like Muhammad, Ali, Sarah, Fatimah, Omar (even Spanish speaking peoples have 3 of those names - Sara, Fatima and Omar) etc. are universal and so many others. Just like Peter, George etc.:)

At the end of the day it's just names and languages.:)

Haha, that was my initial thought as well.:lol:

P.S: They should have chosen the name Amir or something instead of Shaheen if they wanted an Arab character to have an Arab name in a fighting game. But I don't expect the Japanese game designers to distinguish between ME people at all. As long as he will kick *** in that game not many will complain I guess.

Last edited:
That was kind of you. Stay save down there in New Zealand and all the best of luck to you as well for the next year.

@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @JUBA @BLACKEAGLE @Ahmed Jo @Halimi @Falcon29 @Mosamania @Bubblegum Crisis @Full Moon @Awadd @Tihamah @Mootaz-khelifi @Tunisian Marine Corps @MooshMoosh @Mahmoud_EGY @Frogman @agentny17 @Frosty @Haitham @FARSOLDIER @farag @Altamimi@Arabi @Chai @1000 @Malik Alashter @Syrian Lion @SALMAN AL-FARSI @Dr.Thrax @Algeria @Dino @fahd tamimi [@tyrant @Hechmi Seif @Naifov @Andalusi Knight @thefreesyrian @Rakan.SA @ebray @Gasoline @Syed.Ali.Haider @Zarvan @United @chauvunist @Akheilos @Ravi Nair @ranjeet @levina @Cherokee @Indischer @Al Bhatti @American Pakistani @Armstrong @Aslan @BATMAN @Desertfalcon @Desert Fox @Devil Soul @dexter @FaujHistorian @ELTurco @Sinan @xenon54 @usernameless @olcayto @fawwaxs @Gufi @Horus @Jungibaaz @waz @ozzy22 @Chak Bamu @Chinese-Dragon @ChineseTiger1986 @sahaliyan@Wholegrain @Hu Songshan @IbnTaymiyyah @Imran Khan @Hyperion @Indos @Wahhab2701 @Indus Falcon @Irfan Baloch @KingMamba @K-Xeroid @Luffy 500 @DESERT FIGHTER @WebMaster @mahatir @Major Sam @Al-zakir @Malik Abdullah @Mugwop @Nihonjin1051 @Gabriel92 @Capt P.H Young @Pakistani shaheens @Peaceful Civilian @Pakistanisage @ResurgentIran @rmi5 @Selous @Slav Defence @Spring Onion @rockstar08 @ghazaliy2k @Aether etc. Sorry to those that I forgot (probably many) which I must have.

I wish you a happy new year regardless of you celebrating it or not. Enjoy and remember to stay safe. May you all have a new exciting year to look forward to.

To those few users that I have had a beef with at one point in time here on PDF then a happy new year to you as well. What happens on PDF stays on PDF. We should not take those silly discussions that seriously at the end of the day. I apologize if I was a prick.

I'd enjoyed some Saudi style Kabsa made with lamb. Best of luck to you for days ahead my brother.

You are very welcome. If you want to see the Arabian Peninsula then this thread is absolutely ideal for that. From the first pages to throughout the thread.

When Arab-Iranian (specifically GCC) relations improve (they will ultimately as there is no need for neighbors to be in a constant "cold war state") and both KSA and Iran opens up I am quite sure that there will be mutual traveling. Already is actually. I know that Shia Saudi Arabians are traveling to Iran sometimes to visit the various shrines I believe. While many Iranians are going for Hajj and Umrah. Both ordinary travel for both peoples is still difficult due to a lot of factors that we both know.

Also Iranians are also often travelling to nearby Iraq, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar etc. They should also travel to Oman. A beautiful ancient country with great diversity, heritage and also close to Iran (just across the Gulf of Oman).

Well, I would not have too high hopes of that changing but one can only hope. This would make people more aware of their heritage (a lot is in a dire state although this has been changing for the better in recent years which is good), create infrastructure for international tourism on a big scale etc. Would also open up the country more.

In any case you like anybody else is very welcome to visit and most locals put a great emphasis on hospitality. Politics between unelected regimes are a different matter.

------------

Do any of you guys play Tekken? I have not played video games for centuries but as I wrote a while ago I am thinking about buying a PS4. If I do that I will definitely buy Tekken 7 which is supposed to be released this March.

8PHH1.jpeg

Tekken 7 reveals Saudi Arabian character Shaheen • Eurogamer.net

"Shaheen (シャヒーン Shahīn?) is a Saudi Arabian man wearing a keffiyeh on his head. He also wields a scimitar around his waist. Shaheen was first revealed, at that time unnamed, through concept arts and was designed with help from community feedback on social media, particularly those from Saudi Arabia.[28]"

List of Tekken characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite cool actually.

There is also an Egyptian character named Zafina.

@Mahmoud_EGY @Frogman @agentny17 @farag

i used to play tekken when was a kid on PS1 tekken 2 and 3 good game

I'd enjoyed some Saudi style Kabsa made with lamb. Best of luck to you for days ahead my brother.

Glad that you enjoyed the dish. It is a very tasty dish, healthy and not that hard to make.

I made this a few weeks ago. Kabsa with shrimp. You can buy basmati rice at any Arab/Turkish/ME shop here in Copenhagen (there are hundreds of them) and all the necessary spices. The shrimp you can buy frozen in all supermarkets or fresh at a fishmonger.

236zoz.jpg

Check her Facebook page out. A lot of good recipes.

It has actually become a very popular dish among us international students. Thankfully there are Arab female students here who can make this dish for us when we have uni gatherings.:D

Woman must be able to make good food! Or at least the wife.

i used to play tekken when was a kid on PS1 tekken 2 and 3 good game

I have only played Tekken on a PS2 with my siblings and friends.

Glad that you enjoyed the dish. It is a very tasty dish, healthy and not that hard to make.

I made this a few weeks ago. Kabsa with shrimp. You can buy basmati rice at any Arab/Turkish/ME shop here in Copenhagen (there are hundreds of them) and all the necessary spices. The shrimp you can buy frozen in all supermarkets or fresh at a fishmonger.

236zoz.jpg

It has actually become a very popular dish among us international students. Thankfully there are Arab female students here who can make this dish for us when we have uni gatherings.:D

Woman must be able to make good food! Or at least the wife.

I have only played Tekken on a PS2 with my siblings and friends.
what was your favorite character ?

what was your favorite character ?

I don't remember many characters but that Brazilian fighter. I think he was called Eddie? Capoeira fighter. I kicked *** with him.:D

What about you my friend? Do you even play any video games nowadays or are you like me centuries behind nowadays?

Last edited:
I don't remember many characters but that Brazilian fighter. I think he was called Eddie? Capoeira fighter. I kicked *** with him.:D

What about you my friend? Do you even play any video games nowadays or are you like me centuries behind nowadays?
these days i play on pc i am a fan of total war games and assassin creed
my best character was kazuya mishima

With the risk of torturing a cliche, but all we can say for that is:
Insha'Allah

Bist du dumm oder was?

What we need is a new Amsterdam.

My vision;

Girls in bikinis as well. Beach parties until 07.00 in the morning in Jeddah and qat gatherings in Sana'a, heroin gatherings and parties in Tehran and Arak drinking in Damascus.:lol:

Just joking. In all seriousness then the last thing that "we" need or the ME needs is more religion being mixed with politics. I am so, so tired of it. You can't imagine. The world is moving forward while a large sector of the ME is left with who is a "Sunni" or "Shia" and who is an Arab or Persian or Turk or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom