What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@ebray

Your reply to my post in this thread has somehow disappeared bro? I saw it for a few seconds only because I was engaged in that debate that we both took part in. I saw the funny photo that you posted. If you deleted it then you should have not done so.;)

Last edited:
it's weird. I can still see It.

Historically, the Kharijite sect separated from the mainstream Islam and the jihadist phenomenon of the 21st century that we are currently witnessing is the continuation of that same misguided denomination which deviated from the mainstream Islam. So naturally, in our times, this misguided bunch happen to stray form the mainstream Islam. You can't hold the mainstream Muslims accountable for actions perpetrated by savages of ISIS/AQ just like you can't blame the sahaba (ra) for the death of Ali (RA). I myself have a shafi'i background and what you call "Wahhabis" are nothing but mainstream orthodox Muslims.

:cheers::enjoy:

@WebMaster I cannot see @ebray 's reply to me. What is going on can you tell?

Last edited:
@ebray
I think that I owe you to report back from my (our) trip to Ma'ed (that Ethiopian restaurant in Copehagen that I spoke about).
So we arrived (we were around 30 people in total) and as we had already made the reservations beforehand a large portion of the restaurant was left to us. There were 2 lovely Ethiopian female waiters and they only spoke English and the menu was also written in English. From what I could see then they had 2 chefs that day. 2 women and one of them wore a headscarf so I assume that she might have been a Ethiopian Muslim or more likely a Somali woman. The owner came to say hello to us all. A friendly man. Also in English.
The food was very tasty. It reminded me of certain Arabian and Indian dishes but the injera was unique. It had a somewhat difficult taste to describe. Like a blend of lemon and sweet-sour.
The Chef's menu consisted of various meats with various sauces (some hot, some sour), spinach, chick peas, lentils, cabbage etc. Just like pictured on their webpage.
The most exciting thing was to watch how one of the waiters prepared coffee in a traditional manner. It took 1.5 hours for her to make that coffee but it was splendid. It reminded me very much of how we make coffee and after all Ethiopia and Arabia is where the coffee originated and was developed and later sold to the remaining world. It was one of the best coffees that I have tasted. It tasted similar to a real Arabian coffee made on a bonfire somewhere in the mountains or deserts.
The best thing was that we all sat around here while she was preparing the coffee (she sat in the middle of the restaurant) and we all chatted which her, asked questions about Ethiopia, the coffee and everything in between. I had a somewhat long chat with her too where she told me about Ethiopia etc.
Of course I had already spotted that they were Amhara people (they were also Orthodox Christians which I could also see on their symbols in the restaurant) and of course I had to point out that Amharic is a Semitic language etc. which they knew and I also started talking about history.:lol: (LOL).
All in all a wonderful experience with the right company (all upcoming students from most corners of the world) and they were also very content and I promised her to come back one day. Very cheap too (this was important for the crew), we did not wait too long for the food, the food was lovely, the restaurant was cosy and the staff was very friendly and always smiling. As I know our Afro-Arab lot. In short it was a great night out.
Anyway I asked about Ethiopian cuisine in general and one of the waitresses told me that you do not eat much rice. How come is that and is this correct? She also told that injera is almost eaten together with everything and also sometimes in the morning and that you drink coffee 3 times a day on average. She was from Addis Ababa.
I even asked her what she thought about the monarchy and she replied that she is happy that they are gone.:lol:
Another long post. Bloody hell.
P.S: All of us ate the entire meal with our bare hands and we shared the food plates with each other. Sexy as hell. I sat across a rather beautiful female from Colombia.:lol:;)
Are you hungry now bro?

Are those Palestinian Arabs or Jewish refugees (Jewish Arabs, Jewish Europeans, Jewish Africans etc.) that settled in Palestine? I mean it was 9 years before the creation of Israel. The video does not tell about that nor mentions any names of the Palestinian players so it is hard to tell especially as the clip is in black and white.
Hilarious tempo of the game back then though.:lol:
You know @Falcon29 ?
Speaking about Palestine and football then I don't recall you guys having played in the Asian Cup before. You will this January!
2015 AFC Asian Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it bro:D culturally speaking, the coffee ceremony is considered to be the one most important social occasion and is performed to show respect and friendliness. The ceremony is conducted in a specific traditional brewing process involving roasting coffee beans, preparing boiled coffee in a traditional vessel and is finally served in tiny cups.Yes, eating rice isn't that popular in Ethiopia.. Personally though, we eat plenty of rice and other Arabic dishes in my family. My father went to school in Cairo University and worked as a medical practitioner in the Arab world for many years so we are accustomed to Arabic Cuisine.
If I knew in advance who sat across from you on the other end of the table, I would have told you about an Ethiopian dining etiquette of hand feeding (just once or twice) your Colombian dinner companion by carefully placing a morsel of food in her mouth as a gesture of affection.;):lol:
DSC_0488.JPG

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it bro:D culturally speaking, the coffee ceremony is considered to be the one most important social occasion and is performed to show respect and friendliness. The ceremony is conducted in a specific traditional brewing process involving roasting coffee beans, preparing boiled coffee in a traditional vessel and is finally served in tiny cups.Yes, eating rice isn't that popular in Ethiopia.. Personally though, we eat plenty of rice and other Arabic dishes in my family. My father went to school in Cairo University and worked as a medical practitioner in the Arab world for many years so we are accustomed to Arabic Cuisine.
If I knew in advance who sat across from you on the other end of the table, I would have told you about an Ethiopian dining etiquette of hand feeding (just once or twice) your Colombian dinner companion by carefully placing a morsel of food in her mouth as a gesture of affection.;):lol:
View attachment 176007

We surely did. Yes, she told that. Coffee has the same importance in Arabian culture and brewing coffee and consuming it is also a social gathering that sometimes can take a very long time. Often people discuss the situation of the entire world before they finish the "ceremony".

I was surprised by this because from what I know about then rice is not uncommon in nearby Somalia and Eritrea? Am I wrong here?

Well, it's good that your family is familiar with Arab cuisine and enjoy it. I hope that your father had a good time in Cairo. It's a beautiful city and big metropolis.

Haha. I bet you that I was thinking of such a stunt. Just joking.:lol: That's a hilarious photo.:omghaha:

Visiting that Ethiopian restaurant, talking with the staff (loved the fact that they were always smiling - something I associate with Africans in general) and also some of the other guests (one was an American female that just returned from Ethiopia - she studied agriculture if I recall correctly) made me want to visit Ethiopia.:)

Sorry for the late reply. Busy with the books. Should not be on PDF at all from now on until January if I was a responsible young man.:lol:

Bro, do you eat beans in Ethiopia? I imagine that you do when you eat chickpeas. Do you make them in any special way? I mean similar to the various Arab ways of making them if you know what I am talking about? I have some beans, tomato sauce (chili flavor), dozens of Arab herbs and spices. Looking for inspiration.

Last edited:
@Falcon29
The guy in your avatar looks like someone I saw in a Al jazeera documentary.
He was like one of Fatahs founders. Abu Jihad I think it is.

On a less serious note do you have ps4?

I am thinking of getting it.

Thats him. :)

Yes I just got one recently, lol. I'd never thought I'd like GTA games but the new one is really interesting and fun. Can be messed up at times too. :lol:

It was a bundle that came with GTA and last of us. For me last of us is too hard. I've bought kill zone it was on sale. It's also hard but kind of fun. Now I'm playing gta. Once I beat that I have Far Cary 4 waiting for me. :)

I am someone who will be switching from 360 to Playstation so I have like one friend to play with and maybe I can smash some long nights with you ?
I remember playing killzone on the ps2 so will look forward to playing again.

You won't be disappointed with switch. Controller might be a little different. But new controller is much better than last one. Everything is better. Except battery life, if you okay more than a few hours you have to charge it. Old ones used to last very long.

I'd say skip Killzone, it's not as good as I thought. Maybe because it irritated me on some parts. :lol:

Next game I'll get cod, we can play online on that. :)

Im a battlefield person. I like to make Jihadi jeeps and bomb the kuffar on that game.. :rofl:

:rofl:

I am a great BF player but scared it will freeze my console. Which is why I haven't gotten it. :D

Will need a decent Head set after.Going to check if turtle beach is making them for this generation.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...|rnd:12520583575423788852|dvc:c|adp:1o1|bku:1

It comes with a little headphone with mic. But yeah, I probably need some too. Surround Sound is it really any better or do people overdue it?

I was a little sweat with these back in the day and trust me they helped loads especially on Search and Destroy on CoD.
Don't know if these class as surround sound but back in the day on Black ops 1 I could hear people sneaking up on me and stuff it felt nice and tactical. Slaying noobs with such a advantage.
Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Headset (Xbox 360/PC): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

You are familiar with Jihadi jeeps where a friend tags your vehicle with c4 and you go and infiltrate the enemy before asking the c4 planter to detonate and help you do ishtishhadi operation.

The New cod doesn't have footstep sounds. It's all silent so I don't need headsets. I am great without them. :)

I've seen videos of them back in BC2 :lol:

@Gunsnroses

How did I disappoint you bro?

A little disappointment came from no Arab members participated in the way it should be. Nothing particular about you bro, you and Palestine and those small kids and every Palestine martyr is close to my heart as ever and will always be. Time for friday prayers here. Cheer up!

A little disappointment came from no Arab members participated in the way it should be. Nothing particular about you bro, you and Palestine and those small kids and every Palestine martyr is close to my heart as ever and will always be. Time for friday prayers here. Cheer up!

Thanks for sympathies. I did participate very early on thread and have been following them ever since. As more details are released it is more shocking. We all stand with the families of the people affected and hope this issue can be resolved. For me, I support military operation but I fear some civilians on otherside could end up getting killed. Jumaah Mubarakah by the way. Ours is still several hours away.

Thanks for sympathies. I did participate very early on thread and have been following them ever since. As more details are released it is more shocking. We all stand with the families of the people affected and hope this issue can be resolved. For me, I support military operation but I fear some civilians on otherside could end up getting killed. Jumaah Mubarakah by the way. Ours is still several hours away.
Hazzy did you change your name?

Back
Top Bottom