What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@al-Hasani

Try getting it in Christmas deal. :)

Actually I assume that it will be even cheaper after Christmas. In other words in January. In France that is usually the case.

Anyway 400 euros is not that much. I paid 600 euros for my PS3 while I was still a kid. Of course I had saved up previously. My older siblings were much more spoilt and the two youngest.:lol:

Last edited:
Actually I assume that it will be even cheaper after Christmas. In other words in January. In France that is usually the case.

Anyway 400 euros is not that much. I paid 600 euros for my PS3 while I was still a kid. Of course I had saved up previously. My older siblings were much more spoilt and the two youngest.:lol:

for buying clothing, that's what I usually do, and mostly try to buy most of my clothing in mid January. For buying electronic stuff, I agree with Falcon.

for buying clothing, that's what I usually do, and mostly try to buy most of my clothing in mid January. For buying electronic stuff, I agree with Falcon.

What I am alluding to bro is winter sales (soldes d'hiver in French).

Dates des soldes 2015 - service-public.fr

I am sure that you guys have this in Azerbaijan and I know that it is also found in USA obviously. In France at least every Winter all major shops operate with huge discount prices in the month of January especially.

The problem is that the type of fashion labels that I like to wear (Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste etc.) are not always having noticeable discounts.

I am yet to order clothes from the internet as I always have a suspicion of their sizes not corresponding which the numbers they give. It is always better in my humble opinion to buy clothes in person. Especially shoes etc.

It is "safer" to buy electronic hardware through the internet.

Rmi5 can you tell me what the price of a PS4 is in the US? Average price in other words. Thank you.

Last edited:
What I am alluding to bro is winter sales (soldes d'hiver in French).

Dates des soldes 2015 - service-public.fr

I am sure that you guys have this in Azerbaijan and I know that it is also found in USA obviously. In France at least every Winter all major shops operate with huge discount prices in the month of January especially.

The problem is that the type of fashion labels that I like to wear (Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste etc.) are not always having noticeable discounts.
Yes, Black friday, which is the Friday after the thanksgiving, is the day of big discounts :) Also, there are some good deal for christmas. Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger are my favorites. I think we have the same taste in clothing :lol:
About Locoste, they are overpriced, at least in USA.
GAP, and Old Navy are also good brands.
I am yet to order clothes from the internet as I always have a suspicion of their sizes not corresponding which the numbers they give. It is always better in my humble opinion to buy clothes in person. Especially shoes etc.
:tup:
:lol: I am very paranoid about sizes as well, and cannot buy a clothing without wearing it, not even for ties :lol:
It is "safer" to buy electronic hardware through the internet.
I also do the same, except for the ones which need careful transportation like hard drives.
Rmi5 can you tell me what the price of a PS4 is in the US? Average price in other words. Thank you.
I am a game virgin bro :lol: I almost don't know what a PS4 is. :lol:

Yes, Black friday, which is the Friday after the thanksgiving, is the day of big discounts :) Also, there are some good deal for christmas. Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger are my favorites. I think we have the same taste in clothing :lol:
About Locoste, they are overpriced, at least in USA.
GAP, and Old Navy are also good brands.

:lol: I am very paranoid about sizes as well, and cannot buy a clothing without wearing it, not even for ties :lol:

I also do the same, except for the ones which need careful transportation like hard drives.

I am a game virgin bro :lol: I almost don't know what a PS4 is. :lol:

Yes, I remember this from the 1 year I spent in the US while studying in that country which I really like. Did you know that most of Europe has copied Black Friday? It just shows the big cultural pull of the US. Shops in here in Copenhagen had open until midnight and some shops had 50% discounts. From what I learned then this phenomenon was very much unknown 20 years ago.

Really?:lol:

Indeed, I have noticed this. I also like GAP and Old Navy.

Well to tell you shortly then i have been known to dress like an old man from my early teenage years. While others were wearing fashionable clothing (of that day) I was wearing polo shirts, shirts (I practically wear shirts all year long almost) which was a source of laughter for many people.:lol:

Yes, me too. I am not really that obsessed about my appearance but I do like to wear some clothes that I fell comfortable in and which I like to wear. Wearing clothes is also about sending signals as superficial as this sounds. We cannot deny this.

On the other hand I am also not a big fan if people are dressing too much formally. I mean you can sometimes sense that it does not fit a person and moreover is not appropriate for the occasion.

We share this in common. I act like that especially when it comes to suits and shoes. I have had bad experiences with both due to being absent. My parents have a very annoying trait of sometimes proposing clothes that I should wear (or at least they had when I was younger) which meant that they sometimes bought we clothes which I actually liked but which were either too big or small.

Exactly.

I am maybe not a "gaming virgin" but I am something that is not far off from such a description.:lol: This is why I thought about changing it and now that so many have that PS4 I thought that I should invest in it too. Just to play some of the games that I at least know and which are coming out each year (new versions).

Sorry for writing too long. I must really stop doing this. Sorry mate.

Yes, I remember this from the 1 year I spent in the US while studying in that country which I really like. Did you know that most of Europe has copied Black Friday? It just shows the big cultural pull of the US. Shops in here in Copenhagen had open until midnight and some shops had 50% discounts. From what I learned then this phenomenon was very much unknown 20 years ago.
What have you planned for when you get your bachelor degree? Do you wanna come to USA for post graduate studies?
Really?:lol:

Indeed, I have noticed this. I also like GAP and Old Navy.

Well to tell you shortly then i have been known to dress like an old man from my early teenage years. While others were wearing fashionable clothing (of that day) I was wearing polo shirts, shirts (I practically wear shirts all year long almost) which was a source of laughter for many people.:lol:
:tup: :lol: People are stupids bro :lol:
I exactly wear the same type of clothing.
Yes, me too. I am not really that obsessed about my appearance but I do like to wear some clothes that I fell comfortable in and which I like to wear. Wearing clothes is also about sending signals as superficial as this sounds. We cannot deny this.

On the other hand I am also not a big fan if people are dressing too much formally. I mean you can sometimes sense that it does not fit a person and moreover is not appropriate for the occasion.
We share this in common. I act like that especially when it comes to suits and shoes. I have had bad experiences with both due to being absent. My parents have a very annoying trait of sometimes proposing clothes that I should wear (or at least they had when I was younger) which meant that they sometimes bought we clothes which I actually liked but which were either too big or small.
The same for me. My mother and grand mother had/have the same trait. I have convinced my mother to stop buying/proposing clothes, but I cannot say anything to the grand mother :lol:
Exactly.

I am maybe not a "gaming virgin" but I am something that is not far off from such a description.:lol: This is why I thought about changing it and now that so many have that PS4 I thought that I should invest in it too. Just to play some of the games that I at least know and which are coming out each year (new versions).
I have multiple times tried that as well, but I don't know why I got bored from playing each time.
Sorry for writing too long. I must really stop doing this. Sorry mate.
:lol: no problem bro :lol:

What have you planned for when you get your bachelor degree? Do you wanna come to USA for post graduate studies?

:tup: :lol: People are stupids bro :lol:
I exactly wear the same type of clothing.

The same for me. My mother and grand mother had/have the same trait. I have convinced my mother to stop buying/proposing clothes, but I cannot say anything to the grand mother :lol:

I have multiple times tried that as well, but I don't know why I got bored from playing each time.

:lol: no problem bro :lol:

I have actually already finished my bachelor degree. I finished this summer and took the bachelor partially in Paris and partially in Denmark. Currently I am doing my Master's degree but I plan (in fact it is already more or less certain that this will be the case) to take the last year in either the UK or the US. I am also seriously thinking about doing a MSc in petroleum engineering once I have majored in chemical engineering. Or a Ph.D in chemical engineering. I am not fully sure yet. Luckily a major in chemical engineering opens a lot of doors and the competition is not as fierce as with other engineering fields due to the smaller number of us. Yet the demand is big at least here in Europe.

Well, we did a lot of banter against each other. You know how it is in that age.

Oh my God.:lol:

My grandmother is the exact same type of person. She worries about the most trivial things such as whether I have eaten etc. She is also very good at giving us money which we sometimes try to refuse. It is done as a sign of love obviously and similarly with clothing etc. I tell you something. It's a very healthy trait in a woman. This shows that she has that loving character about her and that she is not cold. Such women raise happy children and good daughters that are given the same traits. Sometimes not possible due to different characters but a lot of can be given through your upbringing. I know from others' that they do not all have such kind of grandmother's or mother's. My mother is very similar to my grandmother. They might be a pain in the *** sometimes but at least they are caring and I much prefer such relations than those cold ones that you hear about. Similarly with calling. My mother is calling me every single day.:lol: Sometimes it annoys me greatly but when I end the discussion I always have this feeling (what if she only called 1 a month)? So in a way I am thankful. Of course I am also calling family across the world frequently but I must admit that I am worse on this field.

Well, I think that you simply never became hooked on this and then it is difficult to become that in later years. I understand it fully. We people are creatures of habit. I am similar on other fronts.

Sorry for the late reply. Was having a few discussions at once. It's time for me to go as I will be busy tomorrow so take care and all the best of luck with your Ph.D. and make yourself proud, family, country and people. And most importantly try to make a difference in this largely messed up world. Enough of preaching from my part. I will shut up.:lol:

I have actually already finished my bachelor degree. I finished this summer and took the bachelor partially in Paris and partially in Denmark. Currently I am doing my Master's degree but I plan (in fact it is already more or less certain that this will be the case) to take the last year in either the UK or the US. I am also seriously thinking about doing a MSc in petroleum engineering once I have majored in chemical engineering. Or a Ph.D in chemical engineering. I am not fully sure yet. Luckily a major in chemical engineering opens a lot of doors and the competition is not as fierce as with other engineering fields due to the smaller number of us. Yet the demand is big at least here in Europe.

Well, we did a lot of banter against each other. You know how it is in that age.

Oh my God.:lol:

My grandmother is the exact same type of person. She worries about the most trivial things such as whether I have eaten etc. She is also very good at giving us money which we sometimes try to refuse. It is done as a sign of love obviously and similarly with clothing etc. I tell you something. It's a very healthy trait in a woman. This shows that she has that loving character about her and that she is not cold. I know from others' that they do not have such kind of grandmother's or mother's. My mother is very similar to my grandmother. They might be a pain in the *** sometimes but at least they are caring and I much prefer such relations than those cold ones that you hear about.

Well, I think that you simply never became hooked on this and then it is difficult to become that in later years. I understand it fully. We people are creatures of habit. I am similar on other fronts.

Sorry for the late reply. Was having a few discussions at once. It's time for me to go as I will be busy tomorrow so take care and all the best of luck with your Ph.D. and make yourself proud, family, country and people. And most importantly try to make a difference in this largely messed up world. Enough of preaching from my part.

I could not agree more, bro :tup:
Thank you, I wish the bests for you as well. ;)

نشيد الوطني الكويتي : أميرنا للعز قائدنا رب الحمية صادق الوعد.
النشيد الوطني الأردني : عاش المليك سامياً مقامهُ خافقاتٍ في المعالي أعلامه .
النشيد الوطني العماني : ربنا احفظ لنا جلالة السلطان .
النشيد الوطني البحريني : بحريننا مليكنا رمز الوئام .
النشيد الوطني المغربي : نشهد الدنيا، أن هنا نحيا بشعار الله الوطن الملك .
النشيد الوطني البريطاني : فليحفظ الله الملكة .
النشيد السعودي ينتهي : عاش الملك للعلم والوطن
النشيد الوطني التونسي : نموت نموت ويحيا الوطن
why all like that ( loyal to the ruler ) except tunisia

@ebray

I think that I owe you to report back from my (our) trip to Ma'ed (that Ethiopian restaurant in Copehagen that I spoke about).

So we arrived (we were around 30 people in total) and as we had already made the reservations beforehand a large portion of the restaurant was left to us. There were 2 lovely Ethiopian female waiters and they only spoke English and the menu was also written in English. From what I could see then they had 2 chefs that day. 2 women and one of them wore a headscarf so I assume that she might have been a Ethiopian Muslim or more likely a Somali woman. The owner came to say hello to us all. A friendly man. Also in English.

The food was very tasty. It reminded me of certain Arabian and Indian dishes but the injera was unique. It had a somewhat difficult taste to describe. Like a blend of lemon and sweet-sour.

The Chef's menu consisted of various meats with various sauces (some hot, some sour), spinach, chick peas, lentils, cabbage etc. Just like pictured on their webpage.

The most exciting thing was to watch how one of the waiters prepared coffee in a traditional manner. It took 1.5 hours for her to make that coffee but it was splendid. It reminded me very much of how we make coffee and after all Ethiopia and Arabia is where the coffee originated and was developed and later sold to the remaining world. It was one of the best coffees that I have tasted. It tasted similar to a real Arabian coffee made on a bonfire somewhere in the mountains or deserts.

The best thing was that we all sat around here while she was preparing the coffee (she sat in the middle of the restaurant) and we all chatted which her, asked questions about Ethiopia, the coffee and everything in between. I had a somewhat long chat with her too where she told me about Ethiopia etc.

Of course I had already spotted that they were Amhara people (they were also Orthodox Christians which I could also see on their symbols in the restaurant) and of course I had to point out that Amharic is a Semitic language etc. which they knew and I also started talking about history.:lol: (LOL).

All in all a wonderful experience with the right company (all upcoming students from most corners of the world) and they were also very content and I promised her to come back one day. Very cheap too (this was important for the crew), we did not wait too long for the food, the food was lovely, the restaurant was cosy and the staff was very friendly and always smiling. As I know our Afro-Arab lot. In short it was a great night out.

Anyway I asked about Ethiopian cuisine in general and one of the waitresses told me that you do not eat much rice. How come is that and is this correct? She also told that injera is almost eaten together with everything and also sometimes in the morning and that you drink coffee 3 times a day on average. She was from Addis Ababa.

I even asked her what she thought about the monarchy and she replied that she is happy that they are gone.:lol:

Another long post. Bloody hell.

P.S: All of us ate the entire meal with our bare hands and we shared the food plates with each other. Sexy as hell. I sat across a rather beautiful female from Colombia.:lol:;)

Are you hungry now bro?

@Falcon29 , so Palestine never existed before the Zionist's occupation :partay:

Australia V Palestine Football Match (1939)

Are those Palestinian Arabs or Jewish refugees (Jewish Arabs, Jewish Europeans, Jewish Africans etc.) that settled in Palestine? I mean it was 9 years before the creation of Israel. The video does not tell about that nor mentions any names of the Palestinian players so it is hard to tell especially as the clip is in black and white.

Hilarious tempo of the game back then though.:lol:

You know @Falcon29 ?

Speaking about Palestine and football then I don't recall you guys having played in the Asian Cup before. You will this January!

2015 AFC Asian Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are those Palestinian Arabs or Jewish refugees (Jewish Arabs, Jewish Europeans, Jewish Africans etc.) that settled in Palestine? I mean it was 9 years before the creation of Israel. The video does not tell about that nor mentions any names of the Palestinian players so it is hard to tell especially as the clip is in black and white.

Hilarious tempo of the game back then though.:lol:

You know @Falcon29 ?

Speaking about Palestine and football then I don't recall you guys having played in the Asian Cup before. You will this January!

2015 AFC Asian Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not sure, it is hard to tell... my point was that it was Palestine, and the "state" of Israel didn't exist... :bounce:

@Falcon29 , so Palestine never existed before the Zionist's occupation :partay:

Australia V Palestine Football Match (1939)
Listen what commentator says:

0:32
Saved! But then the Jews were always a saving race. :lol:

Thats what I actually said: during the British mandate Jews were called Palestinians while Arabs were either just Arabs or South Syrians. Only in 1960-70-es Arabs adopted the name "Palestinian".

@500
The match is between Maccabi Tel Aviv and Australia. In 0:03, they have David Star on their shirts :lol:
Thats what happens when u dont even watch what u post. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom