What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

18.5 here @Hazzy997 @al-Hasani beat that bitches :P

Wait a second. Either I can't calculate or I was simply too tired yesterday. If Berlin has 19 hours of sunlight then surely Copenhagen must have more. So I probably have around 19 hours of wasting too if not a little bit more. At least at the beginning of the Ramadan. Paris must be similar. Makkah is thankfully only about 15 hours (at the end about 14 hours) but the weather is FREAKING hot. At least not so humid.

@Militant Atheist

I am direct and try to be as honest as I possibly can. I am pretty calm in reality and never had any anger issues (LOL) although I can get really angry if I get angry which happens rarely. World domination?! Nah, if I had a choice I would prefer an isolated island for a while and then MAYBE I could embark on a Napoleonic campaign of some sorts. Just maybe.:lol:

Well, I see you as a good guy too and I don't have a problem with you and never had as you are a new user. You must have misunderstood my post.

LOL, my fasting starts tomorrow. Wish me the best. :)

Best of luck 7abibi!

Happy Ramadan to you as well :-)

@al-Hasani
If i tell you what it means,You promise not to laugh?

What if I did?:lol: It already sounds a bit funny.

You would have succeeded with something if you made someone laugh. Remember that.;)

Last edited:
@Kaan share the details off how Ramadan is celebrated in Turkey what food are made how mosques are taraweeh prayer and other things

Families oftenly invite each other to iftar, iftar tents are opened for poor, there are fests that includes some Ottoman sweets, guys with Fez and Karagöz&Hacivat shadow play.

But of course thats the ideal Ramadan, not everyone spends it like that, many just plain fasts and doesn't cares about such activities, many people don't fast, many consume alcohol too.

In my area pretty much nobody cares if other one fasts or not.

On food, other then Ramazan Pidesi which is a kind of bread associated with Ramadan month, I can't think of anything special to Ramadan, may be also Güllaç dessert.

Last edited:
Congratulations Algeria for a fantastic performance. First time in their history they qualify to knock out stage. Good luck against Germany.

To all my resident Arab brothers and sisters on this section:

@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @JUBA @BLACKEAGLE @Hazzy997 @Mosamania @Bubblegum Crisis @Awadd @Full Moon @Tihamah @Mootaz-khelifi @MooshMoosh @Mahmoud_EGY @Halimi @Hadbani @Haitham @FARSOLDIER @farag @Altamimi @Arabi @agentny17 @Chai @Tunisian Marine Corps @1000 @Alshawi1234 @Ceylal @Algeria @Dino @fahd tamimi @Frogman @Hechmi Seif @Hussein @Naifov @thefreesyrian @Syrian Lion etc. and to all the other Muslims on PDF celebrating this blessed month.

رمضان مبارك

2rgdl7d.jpg

Mekkah by CamelKW, on Flickr
8708497850_008fd4157b_b.jpg

Shrine of Husayn ibn ‘Alī, Karbala, Iraq by james_gordon_losangeles, on Flickr

Last edited:
I will be honest im only practicing at Ramadan and sometimes fridays. :D
Throw in namaz 5 times a day and your :angel:
@Kaan share the details off how Ramadan is celebrated in Turkey what food are made how mosques are taraweeh prayer and other things
Basically neighbors share food, and invite each other over for iftar. Some people go to terawih prayer, people read quran, people watch special religious shows on t.v. There are ramadan commercials for stuff. Idk people are more religious than usual but still some people dont fast and still eat in public.

Basically neighbors share food, and invite each other over for iftar. Some people go to terawih prayer, people read quran, people watch special religious shows on t.v. There are ramadan commercials for stuff. Idk people are more religious than usual but still some people dont fast and still eat in public.
Pretty much same as Pakistan :agree:

It's going good so far for me, did shoor and prayed fajr also prayed taraweeh last night. Alhamidllah I don't feel any thirst or hunger.

That might be because we still have 13 hours left. :)

Is it truth that the cuisine of Sumatra is more similar to Arab and South Asian cuisine due to long and strong trading traditions with those two regions of the world rather than the remaining part of Indonesia? Or is Java similar?
Also I would like to know how safe it is for tourists to travel across Indonesia. Not by foot but by boat mainly as Indonesia is the biggest archipelago on earth.

Can people privately (with local guidance) travel from island to island without any problems of piracy etc.?

Sorry for my ignorance on this front.

Brother @Wahhab2701 might be the best to ask such question.

Also how is the situation on Sulawesi?

Also do most of the Arab-Indonesinas of which there are millions (partial included obviously) live mostly on Sumatra and Java? Or do they also live elsewhere in Indonesia? Not many is my guess.
The cuisine in Sumatera is closer to India than Arabian cuisine in my opinion but culturally Sumatera in general is very close to Arab. One province in Sumatera island (aceh Darussalam) known as "serambi mekkah or veranda of mecca" due to it's closeness with middle in culture.
Travelling in Indonesia (inland) is very safe insha Alloh as it is visited by 7-8 million foreign tourists per annum. as per travelling by sea, I think you have to avoid the Malacca strait as mentioned by brother @Indos.

Travelling in Indonesia (inland) is very safe insha Alloh as it is visited by 7-8 million foreign tourists per annum. as per travelling by sea, I think you have to avoid the Malacca strait as mentioned by brother @Indos.

Yes, so Al-Hasani should use the ruote that make him visit West Sumatra and beautiful Mentawai islands, no need to use Malacca strait....

map_of_sumatra.jpg

Less than 6 hours left for me. :)

For those who drink coffee like me, drink before or after taraweeh to get some caffeine. I can assure you will be feeling head pain like I am right now. :lol:

My stomach is making a lot of noises too. :)

Back
Top Bottom