What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Ramadan.png
Tank god im not living in Iceland, but we also have to fast around 18h though :hang2:
Fasting in North Pole must be fun, six months till iftar. :D

I declare this thread as ours, @Kaan put our flag here bro :D

Our Arab friends will either accept our dominion or leave :D

So far as I know the way they used to do in the time of the Prophet (PBUH) was to determine the start or end of a month through the sighting of the 'moon' !

What some of our people don't realize is that where could've the early Muslims brought a meteorologist to tell them about the movement of the moon ? :crazy:

This doesn't mean that you refuse to use knowledge of meteorology just because you can't find a mention of it in the Hadith ! Its like saying I'm gonna continue using medieval medicinal practices 'cause the new-stuff ain't part of faith - That kind of irrationality is what has become the bane of the Muslim World !

Islam teaches us 'rationality' above everything else - Thats something I learned when I was an atheist !

Yes, some Muslim in Indonesia uses astronomy knowledge (Hisab) on it. We have two different start. Muhammadiyah, which is the second largest Islamic organization in Indonesia has started earlier, on 28 June. I follow Muhammadiyah not our government. But we are free and tolerance to each other. No need to fight for some thing small like this.

Muhammadiyah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muhammadiyah (Arabic: محمدية, followers of Muhammad. full name: Persyarikatan Muhammadiyah) is an Islamic organization in Indonesia. The organization was founded in 1912 by Ahmad Dahlan in the city of Yogyakarta as a reformist socioreligious movement, advocating ijtihad - individual interpretation of Qur'an and sunnah, as opposed to taqlid - the acceptance of the traditional interpretations propounded by the ulama.[1]

At the moment, Muhammadiyah is the second largest Islamic organization in Indonesia with 29 million members.[1] Although Muhammadiyah leaders and members are often actively involved in shaping the politics in Indonesia, Muhammadiyah is not a political party. It has devoted itself to social and educational activities.

Back
Top Bottom