What's new

anti-Pakistan propaganda articles on wikipedia, please edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did , let,s see how long is my editing effective or how long can indians controll themselves..

in faltu cheezon ko edit karne ke alawa hume bahut kam hai..........we are not interested.....
btw the same thing is written in encylopaedia and other books.........do edit them also......warna chori pakdi jayegi :toast_sign:

Nah bro we have

you are a think tank and i m a junior member.......aap toh bach jaoge.....admins will ban me for off topic posts.........so lets leave it here :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Depends on the region.

For example Telgu area has not impacted north west.

So no impact of food and culture.

In fact south India did not impact much of north for a long long time,

As for the North India,

it depends.

Bihar culture had no DIRECT link with Punjabi culture.

So your statement of "India impacting south asia" is vague and incorrect.
I was a guest at a South Indian family's house in USA.

We all went for Massala Dosa dinner and a bollywood movie.

For the whole time I was translating the movie for them.

Talk about India's impact on South India let alone on Pakistan or the whole forking continent.

Hope you understand now.

then Bihar became Punjabi speaking

or

all Punjabis starting talking like Lallu Parsad Yadev.

Talk about impact.

I think you are being myopic here, language is not the only thing that defines culture, though young generation generally speak 3 to 4 languages, English, Hindi, & local language at least. Talk about food, South Indian foods are available all over India, and North Indian foods are also available everywhere, I think Pakistani foods are more similar to North Indian types, but I guess South Indian foods are also available there. In fact, there is not much difference in south & north Indian curry & non-veg items, we all are curry-eaters. :)

I am not an expert of classical music and dancing like Kuchipudi, Kathhak, & Bharatnatyam, but apparently they are not hugely different, basic concepts are same.

Modern music, films, etc. are similar, singers, music composers, actors, directors, etc. work in different parts of the country and in many regional industries. And Indian music & films are popular in Pakistan also.

And if you discuss social values, culture, and mentality, it is more or less same, maybe some parts are more conservative than others, but then again some individuals in one family can also be more conservative than others. Pakistani general public's social values & mentality is not also much different from ours.

Overall, I have traveled & lived in many parts of India and I never felt alien anywhere, I think I won't have any culture shock if I travel to Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, or Bhutan, can't say the same for other parts of the world. And if any Pakistani travels to India, he or she won't feel to be in a foreign country.

Okay, how does that change anything I've said? Regardless of India's frankensteinian cultural history, has it not impacted most of South Asia?

What you call "India's frankensteinian cultural history" is better known as cultural homogeneity, something every liberal society should be proud of (examples : United States of America, United Kingdom. Canada etc). The opposite of that is "xenophobia", (examples : Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea).

I think you are being myopic here, language is not the only thing that defines culture, though young generation generally speak 3 to 4 languages, English, Hindi, & local language at least. Talk about food, South Indian foods are available all over India, and North Indian foods are also available everywhere, I think Pakistani foods are more similar to North Indian types, but I guess South Indian foods are also available there. In fact, there is not much difference in south & north Indian curry & non-veg items, we all are curry-eaters. :)

I am not an expert of classical music and dancing like Kuchipudi, Kathhak, & Bharatnatyam, but apparently they are not hugely different, basic concepts are same.

Modern music, films, etc. are similar, singers, music composers, actors, directors, etc. work in different parts of the country and in many regional industries. And Indian music & films are popular in Pakistan also.

And if you discuss social values, culture, and mentality, it is more or less same, maybe some parts are more conservative than others, but then again some individuals in one family can also be more conservative than others. Pakistani general public's social values & mentality is not also much different from ours.

Overall, I have traveled & lived in many parts of India and I never felt alien anywhere, I think I won't have any culture shock if I travel to Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, or Bhutan, can't say the same for other parts of the world. And if any Pakistani travels to India, he or she won't feel to be in a foreign country.

A very good post, people here are equating cultural similaties == same religion , language.But its more subtle and manifests itself in similar food, music,traidition notions tec.

Wikipedia pe ye artical kon likhta he mere bhai :meeting:

harr koi likh sakta hai......aur usko uske liye ek source bi dena padta hai.......
agar source sahi hai toh article bhi sahi......

for ex....ye post jin articles per hai,woh britanica se liya gaya hai.......so sahi hai

The Greater India article just talks about India's cultural impact on South Asia as a whole. There is nothing wrong with that, especially since Pakistani culture's main influence IS Indian culture.

It's a matter of terminology and it all boils down to the fact that modern India (the country) is not the same thing as historical India (the region).

When historians talk of Indian culture, they are talking of the region, not the country. But ordinary people mix the two and it sounds as if Republic of India influenced Islamic Republic of Pakistan in a one-way transfer of culture.

If Germany renamed itself as "Europa" would it mean that it owned the culture of all Europe?

these pakistanis will always troll and deny.
the only truth is, they are the outcome of indian culture and ethnicity. they may deny this for ever but truth is truth. whether they take of fake it.:tup:

Both Pakistanis and Indians come on this forum

and

repeat mindless propaganda of Hindu superiority or Muslim foolishness

The same propaganda that is printed and taught to every 5th grader boy on both sides of the border.

If you want to contribute

then please use YOUR head and not the 5th grade gove history books

Thank you

I think you are being myopic here, language is not the only thing that defines culture, though young generation generally speak 3 to 4 languages, .

Problem with your post and the like is that you all feel

Ganga valley was the origin of every damn thing in the region.

My posts are trying to challenge the wrong Indian assertions.

That's all.,

Because there was another valley that has much older civilization and thus much more contribution to the region.

Hope you understand

Problem with your post and the like is that you all feel

Ganga valley was the origin of every damn thing in the region.

My posts are trying to challenge the wrong Indian assertions.

That's all.,

Because there was another valley that has much older civilization and thus much more contribution to the region.

Hope you understand

No, we don't really feel that, and Indus valley civilization is also part of our history, the partition of India happened very recently in 1947, but border on the political map of the region cannot separate the shared culture so easily, which is commonly referred to as Indian culture. So far Pakistan and India share similar kind of culture & social structure, maybe in future dissimilarities will increase because of partition, but so far it is largely similar to the extent that it is sometimes difficult to differentiate by Indians & Pakistanis, let alone outsiders.

No, we don't really feel that, and Indus valley civilization is also part of our history, the partition of India happened very recently in 1947, but border on the political map of the region cannot separate the shared culture so easily, which is commonly referred to as Indian culture. So far Pakistan and India share similar kind of culture & social structure, maybe in future dissimilarities will increase because of partition, but so far it is largely similar to the extent that it is sometimes difficult to differentiate by Indians & Pakistanis, let alone outsiders.

This is the problem with Indians

They consider modern day India (mainly around Ganga valley) as THE INDIA

If you correct this incorrect view

you will understand what I am saying

Thank you

This is the problem with Indians

They consider modern day India (mainly around Ganga valley) as THE INDIA

If you correct this incorrect view

you will understand what I am saying

Thank you

How do you Pakistanis interpret Allama Iqbal's poetry. After reading some of his poems everywhere I see the word Indian or India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom