What's new

anti-Pakistan propaganda articles on wikipedia, please edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't India before a collection splinter kingdoms? Andhra used to the Hyderabad Kingdom and Kerala used to be the Travancore and Cochin Kingdom etc.

Only a few times have the subcontinent been united entirely.

So in terms of India now, @That Guy is correct.

You know what happened after Travancore tried to be independent after British left?

Elite member means nothing . Its just a count of posts . Let never the count of your posts define you .

I agree with you. :lol:

Last edited:
You know what happened after Travancore tried to be independent after British left?

Nope , can you explain ??

Thanks to our education system we have to study about Mughals who had no impact on us while nothing about history of kerala is taught .

Nope , can you explain ??

Thanks to our education system we have to study about Mughals who had no impact on us while nothing about history of kerala is taught .

Are you serious, being form Kerala I thought you must know about it. I saw about Tranvancore in the movie 'Sardar'(on Sardar Patel) and the Pradhanmantri series on ABP news. You can read this link.

C.P. and independent Travancore

Are you serious, being form Kerala I thought you must know about it. I saw about Tranvancore in the movie 'Sardar'(on Sardar Patel) and the Pradhanmantri series on ABP news. You can read this link.

C.P. and independent Travancore

I studied CBSE and not a single word about Kerala history was there .

Instead we used to study about Khiljis and Tugluqs ..... :hitwall:

I studied CBSE and not a single word about Kerala history was there .

Instead we used to study about Khiljis and Tugluqs ..... :hitwall:

I meant you may have heard about it from people in Kerala. In case of accession of princely states, most of us don't know about it even if its in any corner of India. People are mostly aware of Kashmir's case.

I meant you may have heard about it from people in Kerala. In case of accession of princely states, most of us don't know about it even if its in any corner of India. People are mostly aware of Kashmir's case.

Nope . Nobody talks about those things anymore and never met anybody who regret the decision to join Indian Union .

@FaujHistorian

I agree with you that there is no such thing as pan Indian culture, but at the same time it is not as black and white as described by you. There are things that all Indians share at some level regarding what ever region some one belong to, and that we called Indian culture.

Personally, I find regions influence each other the greatest when they share the same language. As language is the medium of communication, people should not find this strange. In that way, Pakistani culture that is Urdu/Punjabi speaking is more nearer to India's Hindi belt than the to non Hindi belt.

The second and third greatest influencers of culture are region and religion.

People of the same region share things similar at some level (Ex:cloths), and people belonging to same religion share things similar at some level(Ex. Festivals ).

It simply refers to "The Indian Subcontinent's" cultural interactions within itself and outside it and it's impact...
from this point of view there is nothing wrong with it...

And your Bihar example is incorrect, Buddhism started in Bihar and was embraced by a large population of Punjab...

Buddha was born in Nepal... Gandhara ring any bell?>

Buddha got enlightened in Bihar and hence the birth of Buddhism .

Proof? and even so why didn't Bihar become a mecca of Buddhism like Ghandhara etc?

What cultural impact does maharastra,Bihar etc have in Pak?

Heck racism against biharis in indian Punjab alone says a lot.. doesn't it?

The only impact I can see is Urdu being our national language (not mother tongue) ... and tht too has flourished in Pak... thanks to Pakistani efforts... again bihari or Marathi have zero relationship to Urdu... or Pakistan at large.. the only thing Pak shares with india is the Punjabi culture (even tht not completely)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom