What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

He is not making up numbers but confusing numbers, just like the journalist. The current cost of the PV's are around 13-14m euros. It is something expected. The very first SARP RWS units for Altay were 270k euros. AFAIK they managed to lowered it 120k price range thanks to the increased production. 5.7m dolars FFS really, does anyone know how expensive TAKS is? SSM expects a price range between 8-9m euros.

On the other hand "The armor of other tanks" does not come from Israel because only M60T uses Israeli armor an its mostly Blazer ERA there are very few new ballistic steel parts on those tanks and they are mostly around the gun mantlet. The rest of tank is RHA as it's used to be.

We import our ballistic steel, mostly from Slovakia and Sweden.

Also, the suspension is neither Turkish nor Korean, it has been officially stated by SSM in 2013.
0iLIjq9.jpg

Each Altay cost Turkey + $10 million or more. (first batch)
The Companies who will build and upgrade these tanks give a more conservative figure of $13-14 million per tank...

The unit price of T-155 is/was around the $4 + million.. so do your math.

could you plz show me the issues would like to know what it is :)
Sir these are not related to your machine, more about our requirement, about what is best on our terrain and about our support facilities, equipment and vehicles. I am not sure if this have been mentioned in the past as well but we were under instruction not to talk too much about the details. Some people may do exactly that for some publicity or out of a false sense of patriotism but unfortunately i wont be able to do that. That is all i can say for now. However, if you stick around, there are people who will share every little detail to the extent of betrayal, you might get lucky! :P

Stop making numbers out of your *** no tank in the world is that expensive.

İf you have designed a new tank.
İf you have designed armor.
İf your critical hardwares are import.
İf you will produce just 250 for the first serie.
Yes it is that expensive.

For the armor so far,
As much as i know we only have Sabras with extra armor.Other m48,m60 etc tanks are with their original armor on.
I think we need a nuclear reactor to create an armor technology,other kind of heavy metal industry is already settled.

Hey hey hey, what does the so-called Serbian tank to do in this thread? Go to your own forum, do not fool people here that your products are 100% indigenously made, as a remaining of an ex Soviet Republic. We do respect Serbia, but that's all, and now please go to your own section.

Switching back to Altay MBT; besides the official numbers about the costs & performance metrics & number of tanks to be produced in the first batch etc. do not trust any other source. All you hear about these here-and-there is nothing but speculation. It's really interesting & funny to see guys here pretending to know everything.

Hey hey hey, what does the so-called Serbian tank to do in this thread? Go to your own forum, do not fool people here that your products are 100% indigenously made, as a remaining of an ex Soviet Republic. We do respect Serbia, but that's all, and now please go to your own section.

Switching back to Altay MBT; besides the official numbers about the costs & performance metrics & number of tanks to be produced in the first batch etc. do not trust any other source. All you hear about these here-and-there is nothing but speculation. It's really interesting & funny to see guys here pretending to know everything.

Hey morpheus.
The deal is clear.550m $ for R&D.40/1 is the unit number production cost which makes 13.7m $.
Sorry,as much as i know it was Euro but came up to be Usd.

Hey morpheus.
The deal is clear.550m $ for R&D.40/1 is the unit number production cost which makes 13.7m $.

Hey youngster, I thought I was clear but now I realize I forgot for a moment there are unfortunate guys having sort of problems on earth as well. Keep your own primary-school math to yourself.

Last edited:
All you hear about these here-and-there is nothing but speculation. It's really interesting & funny to see guys here pretending to know everything.

Stop bullying people.The price is open source and nobody else here is able to know more than it. Your 5. message you 2 of them is bully.I am not earning any money from this project,neither nobody pays me.
This price looks logical in terms of the R&D costs and not being your cheap east-block equipments.

Hey morpheus.

Sorry i don t get it. How do you come to 13.7 mil usd. 550 mil. Was for the whole development and the facility for the 4 prototypes . Theere will be another tender for the serial production .no one know the serial productions price.

Sorry i don t get it. How do you come to 13.7 mil usd. 550 mil. Was for the whole development and the facility for the 4 prototypes . Theere will be another tender for the serial production .no one know the serial productions price.

Thats what i am trying to say.Nobobdy can know.This 4 prototype and R&D costs 550m$. And each prototype costed 40/1 of the R&D price which is 13,7m$.
The serial production numbers will change because all components are bought from different companies like Mkek,Roketsan,Aselsan etc. We just know that eact Mtu engine is 1mEu.We have no other clue but all in all comments say that this tank will be something around 6mUSD each.But its just comments.

The M-84AS is a modernized version of the M-84 main battle tank produced by Yugoimport SDPR in Serbia.
Right, but the unit cost is 2 Million USD.

Yes,but if they were to build the tank from 0 it would cost more.For example,surplus Abrams tanks given by the US to its allies cost 3 million $ but that's the price you pay for overhaul and upgrades.It doesn't mean a new Abrams tank costs 3 million $.Altay is new tank,you can't compare its price with existing platforms.

Are you sure ? Compare single prices with mass production.
A simple Iphone 6s production cost is only max. 70 USD.

"
The price of the latest Russian Armata T-14 tank will be just 250 million rubles (3.7 million dollars) once it goes into mass production, according to Oleg Siyenko, CEO of Uralvagonzavod, the manufacturer of the tank.

The cost of the Armata T-14 was previously estimated at between 400 and 500 million rubles (about $6.5 million). Such a high price per unit was due to the lack of mass production, as the production of prototypes is always more expensive for the manufacturer.

The Armata will go into mass production in 2017-2018 and Russia’s armed forces will receive 2,300 T-14 tanks by 2020."

I doubt that is the final price for the Armata as even a T90 is 5 million $.If the Russkies build 2300 Armatas by 2020,I'll jump from the Tower of London.

Don't fill the sticky thread with obsolete Serbian garbage, if you can read it says Altay MBT. Hurshid bi sirb olmamistin, birdahaki sefere hangi milletten olup sacmaliyacaksin

Back
Top Bottom