What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

maxresdefault.jpg

Because+she+s+a+cunt+_27a85b02514ab51f790549be4ca2cb05.jpg
That Japanese Tank looks kickass, but only 45 tonnes.

Haha now Turkey has started designing its own tank engine, all of the countries that threatened turkey with withholding engines are crapping their pants because they just lost a customer and now they will have a new competitor. Big mistake made by them, they should have let Turkey export motorized platforms without making an issue regarding them using their motors, that way Turkey would have still been dependent on them and they could have made more money.

People thought that they could threaten Turkey with restrictions, sanction etc., instead of kneeling down Turkey overcame these obstacles by maximizing indigenous contribution to all projects. In the end Turkey is the winner.

Which countries didn't export the engines to Turkey? And what reasons did they give? let me guess, democracy? human rights?

Which countries didn't export the engines to Turkey? And what reasons did they give? let me guess, democracy? human rights?
Turkey wanted to sell the 155mm SPG Firtina Howitzer to Azerbaijan but germany made an issue about the motor so there was delay in the export of that howitzer, thankfully ukraine provided the motor. Turkey was depending on germany for most motors which means that they could block the export of many platforms and uav systems. Germany isn't exporting defence stuff to saudi arabia so now the Altay can't even be proposed to saudi arabia untill the turkish engine comes out. etc etc etc

I also heard that the U.S is making problems regarding export of the T-129 (Motor is american).

TUMOSAN's CEO says the first products of the serial production of ALTAY tank will be equipped by our engines. This means that no MTU engines will be used for the first batch. And also the first batch won't be ready earlier than 4,5 years. So the first batch will be ready after a few years more but with indigeneous engine and (I hope) also maybe with AKKOR after this delay.

TUMOSAN's CEO says the first products of the serial production of ALTAY tank will be equipped by our engines. This means that no MTU engines will be used for the first batch. And also the first batch won't be ready earlier than 4,5 years. So the first batch will be ready after a few years more but with indigeneous engine and (I hope) also maybe with AKKOR after this delay.

I thought the same thing....

It is said by 2017 1st ALTAY will be start to come out from factory...

And 4,5-5 years for engibne means 2020...

Will they produce hundreds of ALTAYs without engine ? Will they put engines into ready ALTAY's ? This came to my mind but is it possible ?..

And yes if they do such a thing AKKAOR will be ready at that time without any doubt... I mean by 2020...

I'm confused...

:unsure:

I thought the same thing....

It is said by 2017 1st ALTAY will be start to come out from factory...

And 4,5-5 years for engibne means 2020...

Will they produce hundreds of ALTAYs without engine ? Will they put engines into ready ALTAY's ? This came to my mind but is it possible ?..

And yes if they do such a thing AKKAOR will be ready at that time without any doubt... I mean by 2020...

I'm confused...

:unsure:
That would be strange. Tanks without an engine.

I can imagine Altays for TSK needs could have MTU engines and for export a indigenous engines,

Back
Top Bottom