What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

It always seems to me that the subject of this tank is outdated. Hezbollah hit about 150 Israeli tanks in the 2006 war, so we are not in World War 2 anymore. What is this tank love? What are the advantages of tanks compared to other platforms?

Hmm I don't know... Maybe the fact that they are still the most effective land systems in conventional warfare. Sure you can send in light armored vehicles with ATGMs, but they will be easily wiped out. Tanks on the other hand will decimate entire enemy formations in head on combat. Sure, ATGMs are a threat, but not much else can destroy them. Don't forget that Tanks are literally powerful cannons that are self propelled, heavily armored and highly maneuverable (their turrets especially). Other types of AFVs are gaining popularity because of assymertrical warfare, yes. However tanks are not going to become obsolete for a while.

A tank's gun can destroy a building and take out basically any vehicle including other tanks. It's also relatively quick to reload, fires at a very fast muzzle velocity and the round type can be changed depending on the target. Guided missiles can be fired from them too. There isn't any other vehicle with that type of firepower that can face enemies head on.

Last edited:
It always seems to me that the subject of this tank is outdated. Hezbollah hit about 150 Israeli tanks in the 2006 war, so we are not in World War 2 anymore. What is this tank love? What are the advantages of tanks compared to other platforms?

Tanks are the cavalry of today. How cavalry was so important for its age. Same with tanks.

Tanks are not invincible by any means but they are still a proven staple of modern warfare.

You cant engage in modern warfare if you dont have tanks its like not having any jet fighters.

Tanks are the heavy cavalry of modern warfare. Tanks also provide artillery support when possible.

Tanks are the cavalry of today. How cavalry was so important for its age. Same with tanks.

Tanks are not invincible by any means but they are still a proven staple of modern warfare.

You cant engage in modern warfare if you dont have tanks its like not having any jet fighters.

Tanks are the heavy cavalry of modern warfare. Tanks also provide artillery support when possible.
Laser guided cannon shells are more effective to me. Mark with small drones and shoot the target from a safe distance. Why should we fight like we were a time when there is no laser and drones, why should we be so close to the target? Fırtına mechanised cannon are very safe to bomb the targets, even in urban area pin-point.

Laser guided cannon shells are more effective to me. Mark with small drones and shoot the target from a safe distance. Why should we fight like we were a time when there is no laser and drones, why should we be so close to the target? Fırtına mechanised cannon are very safe to bomb the targets, even in urban area pin-point.

Blitzkreig tactics are still being used today. What spearheads a lighting fast charge are tanks.

Warfare changes but in present times tanks still hold up in the battlefield.

Drones and laser weapons are important no doubt will change the face of warfare we already see it with drones.

You never know we could maybe one day have unmanned tanks. So dont think tanks will go away any time soon.

If true we must buy as much engines and spare parts as we can, i don't have any faith for a qualitatively equal tank engine in the coming years.

Let's be honest many countries have problems with Tank engines the French Leclerc, US M1A2 and even the British Challenger2... the Germans build the best and most reliable engines in the world, period.

Last edited:
So in short we’re not able to produce the engine ourselves in the time limit we imagined. With a delivered mtu engine how long until we can start altay production 2 years ? The world is going to the shitters faster than that

That means we are at the begining when Otokar manufactured the prototypes. We have to wait more for BMC to build factory.

Best Solution for SolveTank Crissis

Symptoms :

--------------

+ Germoney dont give us Engine .

+ We cannot build our own 1500 hp engine

+ 1200-1300 hp class not fit current altay tank and does not enough to pull tank with current weight.

Solution :

------------------

1- Generate a 500 First Rate Fightable Tank Force in Modern Warfare Enviroment with Help Of Modernization For Stop Gap;

Our 170 Sabra can fight againts modern tank and anti tank threats but he still need lwr, rcws, aps And also Our leo 2a4's enough for modern tank versus tank battles but cannot resistable againts anti tank threats because his armor does not have reactive armor and he cannot resist tandem warhead anti tanks. So we need to modernize330 leopard 2a4 turret with shaped reactive armor + lwr +rcws + pulat aps. more than that like ng modernization is loss of money. This give us 500 first rate tank and if we can support hers 500 modernized and coaxial atgm launchered acv-15 ifv we can got a little stop gap until altay.

2- Give up a side Altay Prototypes and see him like a experience project ;

Altay a tank very heavy armoured , very technological, very expensive tank for less populated defensive europan armies. Not like for ours who have more population and need more numbered warrior nations. And also we cannot find a engine that kind of tanks.

3- Find a 1200-1300 hp class engine and transmission with licenced built and technology share rights and localize him with time ;

1200-1300 hp class is a more gainable class for us. We need more option for him like China, Russia, Ukraine, İtaly, Britain etc. End this engine ours in the end.

4- Change the Design of Altay for This Engine and Reduce the Weight of Altay For The Good Mobility;

World is change , tank discipline is changed. Armata come with diffrent view, He says all tank only more armoured from front of a tank and a ifv can penetrate a tank from sides and back. So I'm taking the all crew to front and I locateing my all armour to front and make a live section for my crew. and I add unarmoured unmanned little turret for less hitting succes from turret. So I created a tank who have good mobility, highest protection for crew and verry aggresive tank with 152 mm tank gun .

Very Pragmatist Tank. And Good View. Without Unarmoured Turret idea best for us. (Because Russia think I have a huge repair service and parts and they think we can change rapidly if him hit)

So

We need autoloader. We him a ability of that from fırtına project. So we need locate all 3 crew to front of tank. And make a unmanned turret but with a armor (but less than altay 1 ) and focus a heavy armour of tank to front like armata and also add him akkor. And last one intagrate a new engine and transmission to altay.

İn the end we can achieve a altay tank who have same technological and firepower, mobility with west and armor with east. Maybe he will more modernized and unmanned turret version of vt-4 tank ;

So the news about the engines are true. What about the BMC factory now when will the first Altays be produced. There are litteraly M60´s right now at the border.

Back
Top Bottom