What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

How is it same mm but different caliber?
Caliber for cannon barrels indicates the length of the barrel.

L44: 120mm x 44=5.28 meters (5280 mm)

L55: 120mm x 55=6.6 meters (6600 mm)

155mm 52cal artillery cannon: 155mm x 52=8.06 meters (8060 mm)

Edit: Just a side note. The M256 cannons used in the Abrams tanks are not exactly the L44. They are longer by a small margin. 208.7 in (5,301 mm)

Last edited:
Caliber for cannon barrels indicates the length of the barrel.

L44: 120mm x 44=5.28 meters (5280 mm)

L55: 120mm x 55=6.6 meters (6600 mm)

155mm 52cal artillery cannon: 155mm x 52=8.06 meters (8060 mm)

Edit: Just a side note. The M256 cannons used in the Abrams tanks are not exactly the L44. They are longer by a small margin. 208.7 in (5,301 mm)

Thanks a lot! :pleasantry:

ı think L44 is more suitable for urban war with relatively short barrel

When are we gonna start serial production of Altay? This project became nothing but a joke.
If I am not mistaken It's been 4 years since it's trial stage ended.

Politics my friend nothing could be said when you give the project to bmc this is the result.

Friends please dont make politics here. According to me, BMC was best choice. But no need to prolong it here.

I cant hold me I have to do it:

large_af47ebcf-2a78-42c1-9794-345ae84ded16.jpg

sorry for that

It’s unfortunate that politics is hindering the development of the Turkish industrial complex

They need to get act together for sure they have the skills and capability

It’s unfortunate that politics is hindering the development of the Turkish industrial complex

They need to get act together for sure they have the skills and capability

to be honest and realistic:

I think we got a direct donkey kiss on our buts from the germans because of the engine.. I bet the delation is caused by 40% my friend should do the job and 60 % because of the engine..

209143A2-FC2C-47FF-919D-81C08F426315.jpeg

The domestic engine to be developed for Altay will be based on the Fiat MTCA 12V engine of the Italian C1 Ariete tank. The engine will be developed jointly and will be used by both countries in various configurations.
Iveco has already developed a new version of the MTCA engine.
In the engine developed, the Stroke was extended, the volume increased to 30 liters, with a new common rail direct fuel injection system through a new dual turbocharger with a power output of 5,500 Nm at 1,800 rpm.
The MTCA 12V is likely to be an updated model with a new generation of systems. In addition, the engine will have common rail technology.
P.S. The existing Fiat-Iveco MTCA 12-cylinder 25.8-liter diesel engine delivers 1,250 hp and 4615 nm of torque.

View attachment 565686
The domestic engine to be developed for Altay will be based on the Fiat MTCA 12V engine of the Italian C1 Ariete tank. The engine will be developed jointly and will be used by both countries in various configurations.
Iveco has already developed a new version of the MTCA engine.
In the engine developed, the Stroke was extended, the volume increased to 30 liters, with a new common rail direct fuel injection system through a new dual turbocharger with a power output of 5,500 Nm at 1,800 rpm.
The MTCA 12V is likely to be an updated model with a new generation of systems. In addition, the engine will have common rail technology.
P.S. The existing Fiat-Iveco MTCA 12-cylinder 25.8-liter diesel engine delivers 1,250 hp and 4615 nm of torque.

FIX IT AGAIN TONY :P

I have never seen him adding anything technocal into his videos.. he has way below knowledge than any of us to be honest.
I have watched some of his videoes and I have seen a lot of wrong technical information. I mean a lot! Sometimes he makes videoes and tries to give scientific information but he can't!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom