What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

TÜDEMSAŞ's new R&D project
“Military tank carrier wagon”
IMG_6006.JPG

TÜDEMSAŞ's new R&D project
“Military tank carrier wagon”
View attachment 522857
So lets talk about how innovative is it.
If it is a new project. First it should be state of art, second it should reduce loading-unloading time of tank on that vagon.
It would be good, if it is equipped with turntable and plate so, when loading and unloading that turntable turns 90 degree for faster operation.
EDIT: According to
no need a turntable but only need a platform so all tanks unload one by one.

Last edited:
Turkey pursues survivability for its tank fleet

Mark Cazalet, London - Jane's International Defence Review
29 November 2018

The Turkish armed forces have selected the Pulat hard-kill active protection system (APS), a local joint development of Aselsan and SSB, as part of an urgent operational requirement to improve survivability for its tank fleet following experience against anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs) during Operation 'Euphrates Shield' and Operation 'Olive Branch'.

During those operations, the Turkish Armed forces lost several main battle tanks (MBTs) and lighter vehicles to ATGMs. SSB officials said Turkey ordered an initial batch of 40 M60T MBTs to be fitted with the Pulat APS, with integration on the M60T planned for the fourth-quarter of 2018 and deliveries of the Pulat-equipped vehicles due by the first quarter of 2019.

https://www.janes.com/article/84893/turkey-pursues-survivability-for-its-tank-fleet

I would like to see this system in action

but it can be defeated by a two stage ATGM, first decoys the system second scores the hit

I would like to see this system in action

but it can be defeated by a two stage ATGM, first decoys the system second scores the hit
Check who got it... it's availability on the market...then the price. And then tell me if the probability for such equipment to be "available" on the battlefield is a threat "enough" to justify a concern about such sys.

David has a point. When you make a system more complicated it get more susceptible to getting errors in workflow. But at the same time it gets advantages. For example adding autoloader to any gun system(tanks, howitzers etc.) it raises risk of breaking down or mulfunction but it gets combat advantages. With increasing technology(new techniques of system, new prduction techniques, new materials etc.) might reduce the risk. This might make a complicated system of 5 years ago a simple and reliable system for today.

And do not forget the cost; complication increases production and meintance cost.

After all these pros and cons every country looks at their cost, technology, afforddability, needs of their own conditions and decides after that. For example; indonesia really needs amphibious vehicles but saudi arabia possibly will not need them. Please consider geography and climate of those two countries. So saying that indonesia does not need amphibious vehicles because saudi arabia did not buy them wouldnot make sense when we consider different conditions.

come on guys all ships have unmanned naval guns and you worry about unmanned tank turrets?

there is no guy inside that thing

6f2570416f71af3deb66ebdd9a3e6311e773e6bf_00.jpg

I think it's wrong to compare unmanned turrets in the navy with landforces. :) The threats and battlefield are very different.

That being said. I think some vehicles with unmanned turrets would be a great asset. I just have my reservation with regards to tanks.

Not mention cew member on Loader position can always switch to other positions if crew members injured in short he is also reserve crew.This is a major positive thing about 4 men non-autoloader tanks compared to 3 men tanks with autoloader.

Being unmanned turrets, this technology will lead to unmanned tanks.
Or tanks could be managed by one crew like in figther aircrafts.

İf you had 10000 tanks without autoloader you would need 40000 people . But if you used autoloader , you would save 10000 crew as USSR used to do.

Some armies in the world consist of 10000 soldiers :)

Back
Top Bottom