What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Correction with respect:

18 months later ; 40 tanks will not be ready.. first tank will be ready.. and 40 tank will be manufactered in arifiye factory, may be avarege; 2 tanks in a month.. this means 40 tanks will be ready at least 40 (18+~20) months later.. (optimistic guess)... in this period ; they hope to construct the BMC tank factory and finish the tests of national tank engines..

Their guess for the other 210 tank will be manufactured in their own (bmc) factory and with national (bmc) engine/transmission.

If the economic crisis go on and they can't construct the new factory ; i guess they will go on in arifiye tank/palet.. may be fasten the assembly line a bit.. lets say 4 tanks in a month. (Pesimistic)

So these 250 tanks contract may end in 8 years (2026)... in that period they will try to make a manless tarret prototype too.

If so ; we "HAVE TO" modernize the leo2a4s heavily.. and m60a3s too..

With this calender our tank fleet can be standartized hopefully in 2071.....

Last edited:
Thanks Mehmet for the clarification

Turkey has so much potential

If they can just pass the politics and build build build

Altay Tank mass production will be at Tankpalet factory which is 500 meters away from Otokar factory. (BMC will bring its own equipment to the factory.)
Note: The Tank-Palet Factory owned by Turkish Armed Forces where Fırtına SPH’s produced before.

Otokar still owns 1 prototype Altay tank which they invested into with their own capital - they will likely receive contracts for Altay modified Bridge Laying and Minefield clearing vehicles soon.

This one for those you who don't know was allowed by SSM to stay with Otokar. PV Tanks are with the Land Forces not with BMC...
18402269_418979535152765_7698931257187096925_o.jpg

Altay Tank mass production will be at Tankpalet factory which is 500 meters away from Otokar factory. (BMC will bring its own equipment to the factory.)
Note: The Tank-Palet Factory owned by Turkish Armed Forces where Fırtına SPH’s produced before.
Take money from the state
take prototype from Otokar
use the buildings of military factory.. (this is legally impossible but who knows..this is akape..)

Oooh what an easy life... !

That is legally possible.

Because, after coup , in marshall law times , there was a presidency order (khk) which allows non-government firms could use defence secretaris' factories and machines.

use the buildings of military factory.. (this is legally impossible but who knows..this is akape..)

sshhh they made it already legal. check asfat AŞ kıpssss ;) life is easier than you think bro.

http://asfat.com.tr/hakkimizda/

Askeri fabrika ve tersanelere şirket çatısı
Askeri fabrika ve tersanelerin faaliyetleri için Askeri Fabrika ve Tersane İşletme Anonim Şirketi (ASFAT AŞ) kuruldu.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/ekonomi/askeri-fabrika-ve-tersanelere-sirket-catisi-40688299

Turkish military factory will be reserved by a Turco-Qatar joint venture for 5-6 years so that it can manufacture tank for Turkish Armed Forces.

Good.

As long as the deliveries are not delayed, i don't care about corruptness....it's not like we are seeing corruptness in our country for the first time.

Its a defense industry, the most corrupt and messy fucking industry in general. Name me just one half decent defense company that never was linked to some kind of financial or political corruption? Lets hopet that in Turkey it never gets so big that it has influence over domestic and foreign policy of the gov like in US. Im not deflecting, just pointing out that this kind of shit comes with a territory.

sshhh they made it already legal. check asfat AŞ kıpssss ;) life is easier than you think bro.

http://asfat.com.tr/hakkimizda/

Askeri fabrika ve tersanelere şirket çatısı
Askeri fabrika ve tersanelerin faaliyetleri için Askeri Fabrika ve Tersane İşletme Anonim Şirketi (ASFAT AŞ) kuruldu.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/ekonomi/askeri-fabrika-ve-tersanelere-sirket-catisi-40688299

Why exactly are you considering this as "corruption"? Ever heard of the military-industrial complex? I didn't even know that this was illegal in Turkey, which is bad news to me.
Besides, I fail to understand your point of view. Every complex, factory, resource that isn't optimized by PPP arrangements means wasting tax money. I am not specifically defending BMC. I'd demand the same for every other company too. Why wasting money in building expensive factories instead of optimizing already existing structures? Money which is saved this way will eventually be invested in R&D.

Back
Top Bottom