What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Why do they not go with the same company who has already manufactured it but give it to another one ?
I don't know, and i don't care. Btw according to Otokar's statesment to KAP, project did not given to anyone yet. So the source in previous page about BMC may be wrong as well. Things will probably be clear during next week.

I don't know, and i don't care. Btw according to Otokar's statesment to KAP, project did not given to anyone yet. So the source in previous page about BMC may be wrong as well. Things will probably be clear during next week.
We should care. We are/can not be sure about the new company. Why taking risks of failure while we have a successful manufacturer in hand?

It just stinks.

Maybe you should, but i do not care. I will not care even his own son Bilal will get the tender and Bilal builds those tanks himself, as long as tanks start rolling in Army.
That is what i am saying. What if Bilal fails?We will have lost another 3-4 years. But, on the other hand, there is a manufacturer with zero risk.

That is what i am saying. What if Bilal fails?
If Bilal somehow succeed to get the application of altay tank tender, then it will mean that his company has all the requirements.

If Satan's himself come down on earth and founded his own company, and if government decided to give this tender to him, i will not care. I want to see some modern tanks in my army, i would even support directly buying 100-150 tanks from Russia or elsewhere to cover immediate needs, yet alone Altay's manufacturer o_O

If Bilal somehow succeed to get the application of altay tank tender, then it will mean that his company has all the requirements.
It may not mean. Not always the capable ones get the tender. We have experienced it with TÜMOSAN.

Anyway, we will see soon or later.

People here who think ''at least the tank is being build'' should consider that corruption is killing pretty much everything, look at rich Gulf states, they have immense wealth and more than enough ressources to fight a war against rag tags but yet they stuck in Yemen, the problem is the corruption.

For those who dont understand what i mean watch this video.

People here who think ''at least the tank is being build'' should consider that corruption is killing pretty much everything, look at rich Gulf states, they have immense wealth and more than enough ressources to fight a war against rag tags but yet they stuck in Yemen, the problem is the corruption.

For those who dont understand what i mean watch this video.

It's difficult to place a finger on corruption. I believe there's good corruption and there's bad corruption. Good corruption, giving people who love their countries the oportunity to excel and protect their country. Bad corruption, giving people who hate their government the oportunity to devastate the country for their own interests and agendas.

Now BMC is one of the few companies that has taken the reign to develop engines, they've hired hundreds of people and some notable individuals for that specific role. I haven't seen any other company invest so much, not even Otosan-Ford.

Well, I think perhaps it depends on when BMC hired these engineers, when they found out RTE would give it to them, or a lot before that.

Even Otokar would hire ppl to meet the expectations, unless of course they already have the people, and just need to move them around.

It's difficult to place a finger on corruption. I believe there's good corruption and there's bad corruption. Good corruption, giving people who love their countries the oportunity to excel and protect their country. Bad corruption, giving people who hate their government the oportunity to devastate the country for their own interests and agendas.

Now BMC is one of the few companies that has taken the reign to develop engines, they've hired hundreds of people and some notable individuals for that specific role. I haven't seen any other company invest so much, not even Otosan-Ford.
sure qataris and their corrupt media boss partner is moved by nothing but love for this country.
not profit at all

This country once applauded Reza Zarrab and they got f.d in the arse. How many more corrupt businessmen are you going to try to sell me as patriotic heroes? :) stop insulting my intelligence

This is about erdogan making his friends richer, pure and simple

Well, I think perhaps it depends on when BMC hired these engineers, when they found out RTE would give it to them, or a lot before that.

Even Otokar would hire ppl to meet the expectations, unless of course they already have the people, and just need to move them around.

Otokar has been in the industry for how many years, 20? All they've accoplished in that time is to develop armour based on foreign chassis.

Cobra based on AM general HMMWV
Cobra II based on AM general JLTV

Otokar had 20~ years to invest in developing indigenous systems, but they held on to the profits and never truly invested in R&D.

Hopefully Otokar gets it's wake up call and starts investing heavily, otherwise they'll be pushed aside by Nurol, Tumosan, BMC and Katmerciler.

Otokar has been in the industry for how many years, 20? All they've accoplished in that time is to develop armour based on foreign chassis.

Cobra based on AM general HMMWV
Cobra II based on AM general JLTV

Otokar had 20~ years to invest in developing indigenous systems, but they held on to the profits and never truly invested in R&D.

Hopefully Otokar gets it's wake up call and starts investing heavily, otherwise they'll be pushed aside by Nurol, Tumosan, BMC and Katmerciler.

I agreed, most important point is here, otokar never mind state interests but they protect its partner's interests. Thats why Otokar is not taken a good and trustable company among candidate companies.

47540842-loyalty-conceptual-meter-indicate-hundred-per-cent-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Back
Top Bottom