What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

During a combat situation you can find petrol everywhere but you cant find charging stations. For now its impossible.
Actually, Otokar used to talk about to develop electric car for Tanks..
on the other hand,Aselsan just produces hybrid engine for Katmerciler... it even got ordered.. They will test in in real life..

Tank Engine project should be restructured as an "engine family" project encompassing all of Turkey's various armored vehicles, from simple 4x4's to MBTs to everything in between, uncluding IFVs, APCs, MRAPs, etc. That way economics of scale will kick in and it'll be more cost.effective and profitable in the long run.

We should also do a similar project for naval engines and transmissions.

In super-simplified terms:

Economies-of-Scale.jpg

Actually, Otokar used to talk about to develop electric car for Tanks..
on the other hand,Aselsan just produces hybrid engine for Katmerciler... it even got ordered.. They will test in in real life..
The hybrid or full electric engines for tanks is currently impossible. It is not just a matter of the engine itself but to supply it with power. You are talking about charging stations or mobile charging stations. The charging time of the batteries is the biggest problem. I think it will take years for new technologies.

Well if you really need an example, BAE Systems have developed a hybrid tank. Not an MBT but still weighs a lot at around 70 tons. But this is not my point. I'm saying that this will be the future and that we should try to take part of that future and not just watch them develop the technology while we are stuck with our thousands of internal combustion engine-powered tanks. There are a lot of alternative fuel sources and we need to utilize them. We are not exactly an oil-rich country. In case something happens, we would be stuck with thousands of tanks that won't have a sufficient fuel supply line.

let's focus on reality bro

highly doubt that Turkish media is a very trustable source especially concerning the military issues. however, start seeing some news that the tanks sent to border have AKKOR on them.most probably some M60Ts will have them.( I hope)

Last edited:
highly doubt that Turkish media is a very trustable source especially concerning the military issues. however, start seeing some news that the tanks sent to border have AKKOR on them.most probably some M60Ts will have them.
Zaslon system for sure and probably some Akkor.

highly doubt that Turkish media is a very trustable source especially concerning the military issues. however, start seeing some news that the tanks sent to border have AKKOR on them.most probably some M60Ts will have them.( I hope)
I have to edit my post. Seems sovalye347 is following us. He just wrote ZASLON integration to be completed in March.
Akkor not possible cause too risky , cause critical tests not finished. I cant embed his posts from mobile.

let's focus on reality bro

We can always dream :) Besides, it is not a far future. Electric cars were only a vision 10 years ago. Now, it has become a reality and in 10-15 years, you won't even be able to purchase an internal combustion engine in most European countries. Technology is catching up really fast. We will most definetely see electric-powered tanks in our lifetimes and perhaps in less than 10 years. Mark my words :).

We can always dream :) Besides, it is not a far future. Electric cars were only a vision 10 years ago. Now, it has become a reality and in 10-15 years, you won't even be able to purchase an internal combustion engine in most European countries. Technology is catching up really fast. We will most definetely see electric-powered tanks in our lifetimes and perhaps in less than 10 years. Mark my words :).

I think making engines ar not the problem.Main problem is power sources.We dont hame enough small batteries to feed engine for long time.To feed engine for long time you need bigger batteries and they don fit the tanks.But who knows maybe twenty years later when we reach higher tech level we can be able to make smaller batteries.

I think making engines ar not the problem.Main problem is power sources.We dont hame enough small batteries to feed engine for long time.To feed engine for long time you need bigger batteries and they don fit the tanks.But who knows maybe twenty years later when we reach higher tech level we can be able to make smaller batteries.

Storing energy is the most difficult at all. Better work on a perpetuum mobile

http://klaus-volkamer.de/

The whole list included a Turk

http://www.slimlife.eu/

Back
Top Bottom