What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

What going on with ALTAY ?? What a shame project !! nothing new till now ?! Please guys if you know anything is interest tell us

What going on with ALTAY ?? What a shame project !! nothing new till now ?! Please guys if you know anything is interest tell us

"I heard that they developed a mini nuke reactor and the drive will be full electric with Laser and railgun."

Dude, do you wanna provoke us ? All is ok. First Altays will be in service 2020 with AKKOR and state of the art technologies.

Are you idiot?
NO but i think you are
"I heard that they developed a mini nuke reactor and the drive will be full electric with Laser and railgun."

Dude, do you wanna provoke us ? All is ok. First Altays will be in service 2020 with AKKOR and state of the art technologies.
No man but this a link talk about arming TSK with german tank ( not altay) collaboration with BMC
http://www.dw.com/ar/تقرير-شركة-ألمانية-تملك-قطر-أسهماً-فيها-تنوي-تصنيع-دبابات-لتركيا/a-40062369

there is no news also no engine for our mighty Altay. Before Altay go serial production rest of the world gonna produce new tanks.

The first batch of 250 tanks will use MTU engines. In the meantime an indigenous version of the engine is going to be developed. That was the original planning to begin with and this hasn't changed as far as I know. MTU was present at IDEF '17 as well so I'm sure it hasn't been blocked or whatever. And if it does get blocked, then an alternative will have to be procured.

It's rumor spread by a German magazine.

BMC, Rheinmetall and a Malaysian company have set up a company in Turkey.
It has been reported for months that German companies are looking for ways to circumvent the weapons embargo against Turkey and it seems that foreign subsidiaries are the solution.

The question is, what will that company produce. Future will show.

The whole scandal is a shame for OTOKAR Koc Holding. From the beginning they focused on copy pasting Korean MBT.

"A licensed copy called the MITUP Altay is being debuted in Turkey, although it features a Turkish-designed turret."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/rok/xk-2.htm

Koc Holding is prime partner of FIAT.
Why they haven't made cooperation on Fiat engines from the beginning ?
Trusting Germans is idiotic and with no vision

The C1 Ariete is powered by a Fiat V-12 MTCA (modular turbo-charged aftercooler) turbo-charged, 12 cylinder, diesel engine developing 937kW (1,273hp). An improved version of the MTCA engine has been developed by Iveco and is expected to be fitted during revision of the existing tanks. The engine can produce 1,600hp at 1,800rpm. The automatic transmission system, licensed from the German company ZF, has four forward and two reverse gears, and incorporates the steering system and hydraulic retarder. The final drives are epicyclic.

v12m.jpg

Last edited:
The first batch of 250 tanks will use MTU engines. In the meantime an indigenous version of the engine is going to be developed. That was the original planning to begin with and this hasn't changed as far as I know. MTU was present at IDEF '17 as well so I'm sure it hasn't been blocked or whatever. And if it does get blocked, then an alternative will have to be procured.

yeah Germans burning to sell engines to us. Germans wont sell a sh.t Turkey because coup is failed and our fake allies really angry about it. They are accepting and hiding our enemies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom