What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

I am predicting Otokar and BMC to win the tender... FNSS has the Pindad contract for Indonesia.

I am predicting Otokar and BMC to win the tender... FNSS has the Pindad contract for Indonesia.

FNSS-Pindad contract is for joint development, assembly would be done in Indonesia. I think FNSS will win future wheeled and tracked APC tenders, they are offering best products in that area (imo)..

Sakarya and Bursa would be ideal place for Altay production, both cities being close to Istanbul, Ankara and Konya. Parts produced by Aselsan, Roketsan and MKEK wouldn't have to go far and reduce transportation costs and time.

They will ''win'' anyways dont worry.

If you ask me, I would split the order between Otokar and BMC. I am not in favor of monopolizing our defense industry. And - PLEASE - spare me with this nonsense that only Koc/Otokar can produce a tank like Altay. This is a flat out lie. Koc Holding has an annual turnover of 20 billion USD and in the past they didn't even touch any undertaking that is critical for Turkey like the electric car project. These guys simply don't care. They're businessman who only invest in safe projects with no risks like Altay. I'm not mad at them but unlike you and your wannabe Kemalist friends here I am mature enough to think critical. I don't care whether Qatar or any other country is a share holder of BMC; I don't care about the personal relationship between the owner of BMC and Erdogan. I am not going to put all our eggs in one basket just because the Koc family appears to be secular.

Unlike Koc/Otokar, BMC is trying to develop something on its own. All Koc-related engine projects are connected to Ford Otosan. Due to this particular partnership between Ford and Koc, Americans will always be involved. Why do you think we didn't achieve anything with the technological knowhow (ecotorq engine) of Ford Otosan yet?

Unlike Koc/Otokar, BMC is trying to develop something on its own. All Koc-related engine projects are connected to Ford Otosan. Due to this particular partnership between Ford and Koc, Americans will always be involved. Why do you think we didn't achieve anything with the technological knowhow (ecotorq engine) of Ford Otosan yet?
Lol, you can't be anymore wrong... I don't have time though....

If you ask me, I would split the order between Otokar and BMC. I am not in favor of monopolizing our defense industry. And - PLEASE - spare me with this nonsense that only Koc/Otokar can produce a tank like Altay. This is a flat out lie. Koc Holding has an annual turnover of 20 billion USD and in the past they didn't even touch any undertaking that is critical for Turkey like the electric car project. These guys simply don't care. They're businessman who only invest in safe projects with no risks like Altay. I'm not mad at them but unlike you and your wannabe Kemalist friends here I am mature enough to think critical. I don't care whether Qatar or any other country is a share holder of BMC; I don't care about the personal relationship between the owner of BMC and Erdogan. I am not going to put all our eggs in one basket just because the Koc family appears to be secular.

Ethem Sancak ülkeyi cok düsünüyor gercekten, gözlerim doldu.

http://t24.com.tr/haber/bmcnin-gelirini-kasasina-indiren-ethem-sancak-borcu-tmsfye-yikti,296371

Why do you even bring secularism and who knows what in this, the whole BMC affair stinks like corruption from miles and you come here and tell me these people love this country.

The only thing that they love is money just like Koc, as if Ethem sancak isnt a businessman but a charity owner, give me a break.

Last edited:
They (BMC) just do resembling the tank. The technology is available from SSM.

The sentence you quoted does crystal clearly carry the message in a few perspectives, one of which you try to rationalize needs you to know the background of BMC (past and today), also progressive development and security of critical technology/industry in the world, especially the ones that directly matter for the country and neighbouring countries.

P.S: I think you should take a look at the post #2967 for a start about BMC.

I'm absolutely supporting BMC. I hope they win the tender.

Out of principle i sincerely hope they dont get it. Its clear that the goverment is playing favorites, and because of this i hope SSM makes the right choice and choses the one best suited for the job, rather then the most loyal and politcally aligned.

Lol, you can't be anymore wrong... I don't have time though....
Can you explain please. Because I like reading about accomplishments of companies.

Ve bu ihale icin benim icim rahat. Cogu kisiler gibi sirket yandasmis/karsitmis dusunmem, boyle tur seyler algi oyunlaridir, itibar etmeyin luften. Her sirket bizim sirketimiz onun icin hangisi yenerse yensin sevinirim, ama idef 17'deki gosterdigi (yeni urun) performansi oturu FNSS'in bu iki sirketten biri olmasini arzu ederim.

Can you explain please. Because I like reading about accomplishments of companies.
1-) Ecotorq engine have been developed and produced solely by Otosan.
100 milyon doların üzerinde yatırımla hayata geçirilen ve Türkiye’de sıfırdan geliştirilip üretilen ilk ve tek kamyon motoru olan Yeni Nesil Ecotorq motor ailesi, teknoloji ve Ar-Ge gücümüzün kanıtıdır. Fikri ve sinai hakları tamamen bize ait olan, Euro-6 emisyonlarını sağlayan ve Euro-7 emisyonlarına uyumlu olacak şekilde geliştirilen Ecotorq Motor ve EGAS ailesi; 330, 420 ve 480 PS güç üretebilmektedir.
https://www.fordotosan.com.tr/tr/faaliyetlerimiz/ar-ge/teknolojilerimiz/ecotorq-motor-ailesi

Otosan even sold ToT of the engine to some Chinese company.
http://www.invest.gov.tr/en-US/info...s-production-of-locally-developed-engine.aspx

Product belongs solely to Otosan. There is no US involvement or whatsoever.

BMC however is trying to develop a drive-train with Cummins.
There was an image from a presentation of BMC (shared in this forum)

Talk about US involvement....

1-) Ecotorq engine have been developed and produced solely by Otosan.

https://www.fordotosan.com.tr/tr/faaliyetlerimiz/ar-ge/teknolojilerimiz/ecotorq-motor-ailesi

Otosan even sold ToT of the engine to some Chinese company.
http://www.invest.gov.tr/en-US/info...s-production-of-locally-developed-engine.aspx

Product belongs solely to Otosan. There is no US involvement or whatsoever.

BMC however is trying to develop a drive-train with Cummins.
There was an image from a presentation of BMC (shared in this forum)

Talk about US involvement....
Thanks for the info. I already new about the development of the eco-torq engine (the China deal was new for me though). I was secretly hoping you would list other accomplishments from Otosan, but I'll browse their website further to read up on them.

About BMC co-developing an engine with some US company, why is that a problem? Most projects in Turkey start off that way. We all know BMC is going to start from scratch when it comes to engine's, so them getting external help doesn't surprise me at all. Matter of fact, if they hadn't had any external help I wouldn't have been as hopeful about them being able to develop engine's.
Even company's with century's of experience like BMW, Ferrari etc. call in external company's to help them with development or solving a problem with an engine or whatever else product they are working on (referring to TR company DADE on page 34 in the powerpack thread (recommended read)).

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom