What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

If I remember right the cannon was under license and for the engine there was some work for domestic engine from TUMOSAN 1600hp.
Of o ne ya öyle, you got a source? I am interested in learning more on that!

and peaceful middle east

I am sorry but I don't think so.

Muslims especially middle eastern Muslims are stupid like a stone. Whatever Turks had or not they would be the same. It's been almost 100 years. Do you see any differences in ME? Those people are the same.

By the way. At least Pakistani people are different.

to countries like Saudi Arabia for example, we have issues with the German government regarding human rights
I know it's built in turkey under license, but can Turkey sell its tanks with the german based cannons without going back to the Germans?. I believe Azerbaijan had the same case with the
T-115 Firtina because it has a German engine.

The gun used on Altay was part of tech transfer from South Korea, meaning Turkey can do whatever it wants with the gun now.
Engines remain the biggest problem of Turkish exports, Azerbaijan had to cancel its order for Firtinas because no alternative engine was found.

wish Turkey had it somehow in first world war. the political map of the world would have been much different and peaceful middle east

İ am sorry Dear , İ dont agree with you.
Because Russian Tsar has first Tank of world, but he wasnt able to stop Red Army.

United Kingdom sent tanks to Tsar as present.
In world war 2 Hitler had the best tanks and technics but he couldn't win.

Unfortunately there are a lot of factors for victory.
War is not short time fight , it is long time marathon that needs training, technics, knowledge , experience, people , motivation and the most important money :)))

Your Good wishes from Pakistane brothers only make us happy:)
THX.

Would be nice to send an Altay to Syria for some live testing.

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/projeler/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=148

Not much info....a few months ago Tumosan paired with Austrian firm AVL, to design the engine. But no decent info since then.
The government should scout the best students in the best engineering universities. I've hundreds of aquintances in top European technical universities who would be willing to work for ASELSAN and the likes for the right amount of income and oppurtunities. These guys don't just have the necessary degrees they have the necessary qualities and work experience. I don't get the passivity of Turkish authorities. = Amount of people exceeding an iq of 140+ determines the technical/scientific potential of the country in question. If you are unable utilize the brains progress will halt.

Dont want to get to political here, but you know because of certain circumstances academics are leaving the country?
I guess it will be though to get new ones here, if you cant keep those who are already here.

Dont want to get to political here, but you know because of certain circumstances academics are leaving the country?
I guess it will be though to get new ones here, if you cant keep those who are already here.

Of course that the educated and intelligent people will leave the country as long as things in Turkey are going from bad to worse and as long as intelligent and secular people are feeling threatened. It's much easier now to migrate abroad and countries like the US, Canada, Australia, Britain are waiting for the brains from all over the world to come and work for them. Of course that the money you make there and the possibilities to develop your knowledge there are much bigger than in Turkey + their countries are much safer and free.

But do you think that AKP cares about that as long as the votes for them from the less intelligent and more religious people keep coming?

The government should scout the best students in the best engineering universities. I've hundreds of aquintances in top European technical universities who would be willing to work for ASELSAN and the likes for the right amount of income and oppurtunities. These guys don't just have the necessary degrees they have the necessary qualities and work experience. I don't get the passivity of Turkish authorities. = Amount of people exceeding an iq of 140+ determines the technical/scientific potential of the country in question. If you are unable utilize the brains progress will halt.

There are projects like this being set up at the moment.

If you look at how they treat intellectuals they obiously dont. But without the scientists and engineers most of our projects will stay what they are: projects.

Back
Top Bottom