What's new

All About ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Who do you think will win the ICC Champion's Trophy 2009

• Total voters
South Africa & Srilanka are Out ....

I think England & Kiwi's are both easy team for Pakistan & Australia

Final Will be b/w Pakistan & Aus

"We lost to India in the Twenty20 final. Then we beat them the other day, what difference does it make? If we win a final, we'll be so happy anyways that we won't care which team we beat. All I say is, keep it normal. Don't hype us up too much if we beat India, or don't bring India down so much if they lose. This is not how life should be on winning or losing. Life should go on as normal. If Dhoni loses then don't get after him or get after us if we lose. Sports leave as sports and no more (sic)."
-Younis Khan

life is tough for Indo-Pak cricketers.

Never nothing a Kiwi loves more than beating Australia ;)

Fingers crossed for tomorrow's match, winning or loosing is part of the game but the only thing we want from our team is not to get complacent or overconfident. Unfortunately this is the only this we are consistent in.

i am worried about pakistan, i am worried that we are going too smoothly, its not the pakistan way, i hope we get hammered tomorrow so we up our game for the semi's and knock india out - nothing against india but i always feel that its better for pakistan if we dont have the prospect of getting knocked out by india.

Love you team Pakistan!:pakistan:

You have virtually conquered India by turning it into Pakistan in such a manner that they all will be praying for Pakistan today.;)

Younis eyes Aussie scalp to pave path for Pak-India final

Wednesday, September 30, 2009
From Abdul Mohi Shah

JOHANNESBURG: Pakistan captain Younis Khan declared on Tuesday that his team will go all out for a win against Australia on Wednesday (today), saying that he wants to play India in the Champions Trophy final on October 5.

"We would leave no stone unturned to achieve a win against Australia. We would go all out for a win to keep the momentum going. I wish India could go on to meet us in the final again," Younis said.

Pakistan have already made it to the semis of the event, winning their two matches comfortably.

"I think all the Indians want Pakistan to win against Australia on Wednesday. We have got our well-wishers in India and we wish India good luck for a place in the semis. We definitely want to see them in the final. A Pakistan-India final is what I wish for," Younis said.

The Pakistan captain, however, said that since Pakistan is already in the semis, they may make some changes in the team for the match against Australia. "Imran Nazir is nursing an injury and he could be replaced while there are good chances of bringing in Mohammad Asif."

To a question about his chances of playing in the match, he said majority of players want him to lead the team. "I may be there to lead the team as we want to continue winning spree here," he said.

He said that Australia is a tough team and since they required an outright win, they would do their best to gain two points. "The match is more important for Australia as a win or a point could only guarantee their place in the semis. But I promise you giving Australia a very tough time in the middle."

Australian captain Ricky Ponting also spoke to media, saying that since Wednesday clash would be too vital for them, they would go all out for win.

"We cannot even think of taking the game lightly. We would go hard on Pakistan. It is the win that we need. We have got a reputation at stake and we would do all we could to save that."

Pointing said his team had done well so far and hopefully would continue playing the same way. "I don't think we have shown any weakness so far in the tournament. Players have been giving their best and hopefully would continue to play with the same spirit during the rest of the competition."

All an all an exciting match is on cards on Wednesday with pressure on the Aussies rather than Pakistan, "We would be under no pressure whatsoever and would try to play our normal game," Younis said.

Australia need at least a point from the game to join Pakistan in the semis. Australia has recently won the five match series against Pakistan 3-2 and that is the only time the two teams have met in recent times.

The weather, it seems, might have the last say on Wednesday as the forecast is not all that encouraging with showers expected later in the day.

Younis eyes Aussie scalp to pave path for Pak-India final

Yeah, Pak n Aus will be in final

once again ...last time we played in 1999 WC final....the most boaring WC final in the history of cricket.
Lets see wt happens this time.

Pak vs Aus

Pak will fight for India.

Toss Ricky Ponting wins and chooses to bowl. He says with the rain over the past couple of days there will be be plenty of moisture in the pitch which he hopes his bowlers will exploit. Australia are unchanged.

Younis Khan isn't too bothered about losing the toss, saying it will be good to get some practice in conditions that could prove testing early on. The big teams news is that Mohammad Asif is in, his first ODI in nearly 18 months. The impressive Mohammad Aamer gets a rest; the other change is that Imran Nazir has been left out for Misbah-ul-Haq. Shahid Afridi is likely to open the innings.

The bad news for India fans is that the forecast is for thunderstorms.

Australia team
SR Watson, TD Paine†, RT Ponting*, MEK Hussey, CL White, CJ Ferguson, JR Hopes, MG Johnson, B Lee, NM Hauritz, PM Siddle

Pakistan team

Kamran Akmal†, Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan*, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Naved-ul-Hasan, Umar Gul, Mohammad Asif, Saeed Ajmal

Great shot by Kamran over the point....... 4 runs.....Pak: 21 runs in 5.3 overs....

Back
Top Bottom