What's new

All About ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Who do you think will win the ICC Champion's Trophy 2009

• Total voters
City erupts in joy over victory against India: Rising to the challenge of the rival

* Young man says government should designate spots for such festivities

LAHORE: A large number of citizens gathered at various spots in the provincial capital in the early hours of Sunday to celebrate Pakistan’s 54-run thrashing of India in the Champions Trophy cricket match on Saturday.

The revellers included young and old, friends and families. A large number of police personnel were also on duty. The policemen kept stopping motorists for checking.

The young people gathered mainly at the Liberty Roundabout, Lakshmi Chowk and outside the Lahore Press Club. They danced to the beat of drums as well as to music played on car stereos. A number of them had also wrapped the national flag around their bodies, and chanted slogans praising the national cricket team. Traffic remained blocked for a long time in Liberty, as every commuter stopped to join in the celebrations.

Amir Khan, one of the young men celebrating Pakistan’s victory, said sports victories were celebrated in similar fashion across the world. He said everyone was proud of the national team for having beaten archrivals India.

Khan said the lack of opportunities to have fun and indulge in creative pastimes was the key reason for the rise in extremism and frustration in society.

Designated areas: He said the government should not only encourage such celebrations, but should also designate places in all the major cities where the young people could celebrate on such occasions.

Shahid Lodhi, a middle-aged man celebrating with his family, backed Khan’s suggestion. Lodhi said the reason behind the large number of accidents and injuries reported on Independence Day and New Year’s Eve were due to the government not providing a proper place for the festivities.

afnan khan

d7bc03d389edb7f2d0ab57ebf4172c22.gif

People in India burning puppets of their heros.......its a game they should come up with mature thinking.

Should i laugh??? I m thinking.....

Shahid Lodhi, a middle-aged man celebrating with his family, backed Khan’s suggestion. Lodhi said the reason behind the large number of accidents and injuries reported on Independence Day and New Year’s Eve were due to the government not providing a proper place for the festivities.

afnan khan

This would make a great place to hold festivities for Independence Day and New Year's (but it will take a couple of more years for this to become a reality):

Time Square (Emerald Square), Lahore

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

After watching this video, I would like to say that we do not consider anyone as inferior. We are the fighters and fight till the last drop of blood but Indian media should not create war hysteria like they used to do.

sorry guys only people having a facebook account can see this video but i am trying to search another link of this video.

I hope its not earlier posted. Come on Indians its just a game. God you guys are so brain washed with hate against us

Last edited by a moderator:
England defy Smith to reach semis

Hatts off to England. Well played, first they beat SL and now SA, both teams were favourites and in my books, England desreves to be in the final now.

I would love to see a Pakistan England final. Two teams which were written off by the pundits :disagree:

I think following will go to the semis:

1. Pakistan
2. Aus
3. New Zealend
4. England

If NZ beat England tomorrow, and become #2 in their group, I'd want Pak to beat Australia.

If NZ becomes #1 or NZ loses the match, I'd want Pak to lose to Australia. Pakistan's record against the Kiwis and the English is pretty good, compared to SL.

What a situation now!
Now indians are dependable on Pakistanto qualify for semi-final. If Pak defeats Aus then India will make to semi's so Indians must would be praying for Pakistan!lol....

Indian NRR is so low that Pak has to badly beat Australia and Indians have to badly beat the Windies.

Doable, but judging from the Eng/NZ match tomorrow, we'll be doing our own thing :P. We should play our full strength against Australia since you don't get practice chances like these often. Especially we don't :P.

Indian NRR is so low that Pak has to badly beat Australia and Indians have to badly beat the Windies.

Doable, but judging from the Eng/NZ match tomorrow, we'll be doing our own thing :P. We should play our full strength against Australia since you don't get practice chances like these often. Especially we don't :P.

Asim dude...some things are not meant to be....we are heart-broken in India...who'd have thought rain would play spoil-sport...at least in the match against Pakistan we fought with our hearts(regardless of the opinion of the Indian media)
I can't help but feel for the Indian team...I hope Pakistan wins this too...better than some gora team winning...
forget the NRR..the aussies are no walk-over...

Asim dude...some things are not meant to be....we are heart-broken in India...who'd have thought rain would play spoil-sport...at least in the match against Pakistan we fought with our hearts(regardless of the opinion of the Indian media)
I can't help but feel for the Indian team...I hope Pakistan wins this too...better than some gora team winning...
forget the NRR..the aussies are no walk-over...
The only experiment I want to see is to play Mohammad Asif but not at the cost of resting Umar Gul. Centurion wasn't the right pitch for him, he'll click on the other pitches as he did against the Windies. But I think if they try Asif, they'd rest Gul. The batsmen need their practice, the spinners are on a roll, the pacemen need some work, enter Asif.

It'll be a tough break for him too, to re-enter in such a high profile tournament and with an axe hanging on him that if he doesn't perform, he's out. I also want to see him utilize Shoaib Malik in between the 20-35 overs and not after that or before that. That one over where he got clobbered by Raina doesn't mean anything, he needs match practice while bowling. He's a full fledged bowler and should be utilized.

The next thing I want is that, if the batsmen are in form then there's no point in taking the bowling powerplay right after the 10th over. Put it on when any bowler has them dancing.

Younis, Nazir and Misbah need to post some runs this time too.

All these are opportunities and flaws that the Ausies must've worked out as well. Remember they have to win it as much as India wants them to lose it... S they will be bringing their A game and we as we all know Pakistanis would probably be bringing their overconfident mugs.

Back
Top Bottom