What's new

After J-10s/FC-20

jnd3x0

Reaction score
man we should have a good eye on fighter jets that will help us what is best to buy n best for our air defence...any suggestions?

IMHO, PAF should try t get Mirage 2000 from UAE and Qatar as direct replacement of exisiting Mirage fleet.

PAF can sale its exisiting Mirage fleet and get Mirage 2000.

Other than the fighter jets, PAF should also look for ToT on BVRs and also look to update all jets to night flying/operational capability.

On the logistics side, a jet fuel refinerr and net of pipe lines transferring jet fuel would also help.

My wish list can go on:)

but ...still what will be best i mean..the fighter jet that will help us in all directions PAF need...in future in comparative with our rivals... ?

after the acquisations of these aircrafts we should only look for the fifth generation aircraft and before 2020 i don't see any other project in the pipeline. JF-17s, FC20s and F-16s, 3 different platforms are more than enough to fullfil our requirements now there will only be a fifth generation aircraft possibly from China in future

hmm...that seems something needy for us in future...i hope we will be enough gud that we can afford it...or such project...

but ...still what will be best i mean..the fighter jet that will help us in all directions PAF need...in future in comparative with our rivals... ?

What good is a fifth gen fighter of we don't have logistic and BVR?

Best tech doesn't necessarily mean air superiority ... F-86 was inferior to all its adversaries. We need to improve a lot of other things besides fighter jets.

ya u right bro....but in the end every thing is based on pilots guts n talent...i think our pilots r pretty good in both...but still we should improve it if needed...:pakistan:

@SSGPA1: Which war do you mean? 65 or 71?

Because in 65, the Sabre was considered one of the best fighters of its time.
And most of the trouble it had was against the Folland Gnat, the major problem being that the Gnat was just too damn small, making it very hard for PAF pilots to see.

I think the JF-17 has BVR.
I'm sure a senior member could elaborate.

yap, JF-17 has SD-10 BVR capability SD-10 is now locally produed in Pakistan
but i would like to see it being armed with a ramjet based BVR platform Like PL-13 (in development)
in future we might see JXX and possibly JF-17X along with improved J-10 as well
I also heard that PAF is desiging its own AC to be unveiled in 2012:victory:

yap, JF-17 has SD-10 BVR capability SD-10 is now locally produed in Pakistan
but i would like to see it being armed with a ramjet based BVR platform Like PL-13 (in development)
in future we might see JXX and possibly JF-17X along with improved J-10 as well
I also heard that PAF is desiging its own AC to be unveiled in 2012:victory:

can you pleas provide with a link for all the news stuff you have unveiled! i would love to read it! i mean the reports about SD10 being produce in Pakistan! and Pakistan developing a new plane!! actually i have never ever sa any such thing on the net before you broke the news! ;)

regards!

BVR (meaning Beyond Visual Range) usually refer to the aircraft ability to detect and engage enemy far away from its visual range!

the JF17 have BVR ability and use SD10 missile to engage enemy beyond visual range. the SD10, chines described as PL-12 active-radar BVR air-to-air missile witha range of something below 100 Km,(repored to be 80 Km) and a speed of Mach 4

regards!

1] build a huge production capacity for jf17
2] move to block2 with marked improved avionics preferably rafale avionics
3]induct j10b
4]if planning 100+j10b, then go for production line to decrease unit cost
5]if jxx is a long way to go and paf feels it needs something elso for mca+mrca,, go for the rumoured twin engined hybrid incorporating j10b and j11b technology

A twin engined chinese 4.5++ is rumoured... i think it would be an hybrid of j11b and j10b....... wether they call it j10c, j13... but it might be the answer 3 squadrons of it plus j10b will maintain the balance in the region plus a deep attack capability. it might be the same plane that paf is also rumoured to unveil in 2 years

After 10 years, keep only 5th gen and 4.5++ jets and sell the rest which requires good marketing hype [like f35/f22 combo]

Last edited:
can you pleas provide with a link for all the news stuff you have unveiled! i would love to read it! i mean the reports about SD10 being produce in Pakistan! and Pakistan developing a new plane!! actually i have never ever sa any such thing on the net before you broke the news!

regards!

Ohh nahin yaar I think Mr. Husnain get over exited by the recent development and assuming a lot of things which never exist.:crazy:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom