What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

I
It's not true. Chengdu Institute is working on a FC-31 variant or carrier borne fighter project. What's on the menu for PAF would be:
1, J-10C (with WS-10 engine)
2, J-11B or BH or D
3, J-31
All of them may be equipped with AESA radars.
Right now PLAAF fighter fleet has 300+ J-10s, 180 J-11A, 100 Su30MKK and 200+ J-11B/BS. J-10C, J-11D, J-16, and J-20 would be the newest add-ons.

One of the driving forces was the denied access to advanced weapons or weapon techs
Its shenyang's project not Chengdu's

Pakistan will keep waiting and waiting till the FC31 comes out ,till then j 10 will remain in chinies colors with a quick adhensible sticker of pak flag in China, that's my guess.

FC-31 project is under internal debate and it's future is unclear.
You mean to say we should consider some other source...??

Pakistan will keep waiting and waiting till the FC31 comes out ,till then j 10 will remain in chinies colors with a quick adhensible sticker of pak flag in China, that's my guess.
your guess...???

Well the model of FC31 and the comments of P.Musharif on the eve of jf rollout led me tu guess this sir ,

Pakistan should go for J-10 C as a stop gap just like Indian Rafael and then focus on new platform.
J-10C won't do a damn thing. Honestly the J-10 looks a pretty plane, but i'm a 100% certain that if you got a F-16C/D from the 90s it would still outshine it. the PLAAF have invested in the SU-35 that tells you how much trust they have in there own indigenous machines, even after hearing all this Bullshit over the last couple of years on how great the J-16 (and how the USN are shitting there pants). they still dropped it and chose the SU-35.

J-10C won't do a damn thing. Honestly the J-10 looks a pretty plane, but i'm a 100% certain that if you got a F-16C/D from the 90s it would still outshine it. the PLAAF have invested in the SU-35 that tells you how much trust they have in there own indigenous machines, even after hearing all this Bullshit over the last couple of years on how great the J-16 (and how the USN are shitting there pants). they still dropped it and chose the SU-35.
You know nothing about why china buy su35?simple head!

J-10C won't do a damn thing. Honestly the J-10 looks a pretty plane, but i'm a 100% certain that if you got a F-16C/D from the 90s it would still outshine it.

On what technical basis do you make your claims?

the PLAAF have invested in the SU-35 that tells you how much trust they have in there own indigenous machines, even after hearing all this Bullshit over the last couple of years on how great the J-16 (and how the USN are shitting there pants). they still dropped it and chose the SU-35.

The Su-35 deal, if true, has nothing to do with a lack of capability, perceived or otherwise, considering that the J-11D/15A/16 offer essentially the same league of technological enhancements and that there are rumors the Chinese are retrofitting the Su-35s with their own set of avionics and weaponry.

There is nothing to suggest that the J-16 program is in trouble.

You know nothing about why china buy su35?simple head!
On what technical basis do you make your claims?

The Su-35 deal, if true, has nothing to do with a lack of capability, perceived or otherwise, considering that the J-11D/15A/16 offer essentially the same league of technological enhancements and that there are rumors the Chinese are retrofitting the Su-35s with their own set of avionics and weaponry.

The J-16 has not been canceled and is in the process of being inducted.
my point is that if The J-11 series was as magnificent as people make out if they've reached the kind of milestone people claim why buy an advance fighter off the shelf which is derived from the SU-27 series (even though its heavily modified one at that), you already have the foundations to it, you've already said you've built an advanced J11D and J-15/J16 which is 4+++ generation why buy from russians, that only tells me one thing theres a lack of confidence in your own product. Eventually china will surpass Russia but as of right now they know there own inhouse products still fall short. the J-16/J-11D are essentially a strike fighters which share the same role as the SU-35, PLAAF know the SU-35 will do the job better thats why they decided to go with it.

my point is that if The J-11 series was as magnificent as people make out if they've reached the kind of milestone people claim why buy an advance fighter off the shelf which is derived from the SU-27 series (even though its heavily modified one at that), you already have the foundations to it, you've already said you've built an advanced J11D and J-15/J16 which is 4+++ generation why buy from russians, that only tells me one thing theres a lack of confidence in your own product. Eventually china will surpass Russia but as of right now they know there own inhouse products still fall short. the J-16/J-11D are essentially a strike fighters which share the same role as the SU-35, PLAAF know the SU-35 will do the job better thats why they decided to go with it.

There are multitudes of reasons as to why a Su-35 purchase makes sense, given the current political and logistical circumstances, even with the advent of advanced J-11X derivatives. A Su-35 purchase is a way to boost current numbers, in a reasonable time frame, without hampering the production of other fighter aircraft that happen to occupy the same assembly line. It is not exactly trivial to keep simultaneous production lines open for the J-11D, J-15A, and J-16 with burgeoning demand for such platforms. Purchasing Su-35s is also a way for the Chinese to exhibit political and economic solidarity with the Russians.

My point is that there are endless reasons as to why the Chinese settled a purchase of the Su-35, but given the lackluster quantity that was ordered, as well as the production of three other fighters of the same performance class, the deal is unlikely a result of an urgent need for technology.

Hi,

Your assessment seems to be incorrect---. The chinese have gone for the SU35 for the reason of the level of hostilities in their front yard---.

They want to fill in the hole at their top tier by every means possible lest a confrontation takes place and they do not have much to depend upon---. The current J10C with Irst and aesa would be reasonably placed between the BLK52 and BLK60.

Some options of the BLK52 will be superior to the J10C---but the aircraft in itself is a step forward---.

Pakistan may chose and opt for a western / Turkish EW suite for this aircraft-.

Hi,

Your assessment seems to be incorrect---. The chinese have gone for the SU35 for the reason of the level of hostilities in their front yard---.

They want to fill in the hole at their top tier by every means possible lest a confrontation takes place and they do not have much to depend upon---. The current J10C with Irst and aesa would be reasonably placed between the BLK52 and BLK60.

Some options of the BLK52 will be superior to the J10C---but the aircraft in itself is a step forward---.

Actually, I would rank the J-10C as somewhere between the Block 60 and the F-16V, given the sheer similarity of their upgrade schemes (AESA radar, IRST, revamped cockpit, integration of longer-ranged weaponry, airframe enhancements, etc.). The J-10C and the Su-35 are two unrelated platforms for two divergent niches; the purchase was not precipitated by any perceived lack in capability of the J-10C.

Hi,

the money Pak would pay for the J-10C then to retrofitt it with a different EW suit, they'd be better off buying the SU-35 it may be even cheaper and even better (when your buying su-35 your guaranteed High class performance) with J-10 its unknown.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom