What's new

After J-10s/FC-20

Ohh nahin yaar I think Mr. Husnain get over exited by the recent development and assuming a lot of things which never exist.:crazy:

your post is exactly on the same grounds i was thinking! ;)

IMHO, PAF should try t get Mirage 2000 from UAE and Qatar as direct replacement of exisiting Mirage fleet.

PAF can sale its exisiting Mirage fleet and get Mirage 2000.

Other than the fighter jets, PAF should also look for ToT on BVRs and also look to update all jets to night flying/operational capability.

On the logistics side, a jet fuel refinerr and net of pipe lines transferring jet fuel would also help.

My wish list can go on:)

Friend look at it from a broad prospective, PAF has the largest fleet of Mirages in the world. UAE had 20 Qatar has 15 or so. Yes they would be a fine addition but couldn't replace our mirages specially after upgrades they have become a fine addition, In this field planes will crash most of the time its the pilot who is at error but some times other factors like in Karachi Parsi's have messed up there are thousands of vultures 4 Mirages crashed in the last 6 years because of bird hit. 2 crashed they could not eject the rockets didn't fire.
Now our mirage are being upgraded with fuel probe Air to Air refueling has already started but we are still using both the USAF tanker and Chinese Tanker as an experiment and 1 C-130 is fitted with long fuel cables. So these things are such that they require time and money , We do have time but NO MONEY. We Just made a bad deal with the Devil and have to live with it for years, Only way we can get out of it is if our leadership has the Balls to confront the Devil by saying here your money thank you and pick up J-11s from China at soft loan which they are ready to provide.
We should forget B/52 because we will never get them only way we will get them if there interest is being fingered, So lets hope our leaders make a good choice. In our country the leader has to keep his job while making NATO happy which is a sad indeed.

i think eurofighter and refale's can be good option rather than j11b,mirages are good jets we have we must advance upgrade them with latest tech,f 16 block 50/52 are really need but americans will never show up,and for most advance jet jxx is great option.

There is no way we can afford the Euro Fighter.....

Rafale is an option....but our primary focus should be to upgrade our existing aircraft, and start production on the Jf-17 and then get China to sell us the J-10

J-10 + upgraded F-16 from Turkey + Upgraded Mirage and locally produced JF-17 should be the mixture for the PAF

By the way, Saudis are acquiring the EuroFighter and will soon get rid of the British Tornado Fighters. Is there any chance that Pakistan might acquire them?

i think eurofighter and refale's can be good option rather than j11b,mirages are good jets we have we must advance upgrade them with latest tech,f 16 block 50/52 are really need but americans will never show up,and for most advance jet jxx is great option.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH man you should see the J-11 in action it a Bad As- fighter in the hands of a PAF pilot it would change the Air dominance in our region for a long long time. J-11 will give B/52 a run for its money.

Very true ! but i don't think we will see j-11 in our fleet !

MuradK

I'm with you on J11 - Have you any information about PAF evaluating the Su27 during BB's tenure - what happened at that time and why is Su27 off the table now?

MuradK

I'm with you on J11 - Have you any information about PAF evaluating the Su27 during BB's tenure - what happened at that time and why is Su27 off the table now?

Engine problems RUSSIA, but from what I see and hear Russia might open there doors for Pakistan. In the last couple of months GOP has been visited by Russians top military commanders and some important influential people, Lets keep our fingers crossed.
The outcome shall be fruitful if our leaders stay out if the deals and let military handle military equipment.

Possibly they may not object if the Chinese.....?

Possibly they may not object if the Chinese.....?

Yes you got it, to tell you the truth China wount like our friendship with Russia its like kicking the middle man out, And that can be a dangerous situation for us.

@SSGPA1: Which war do you mean? 65 or 71?

Because in 65, the Sabre was considered one of the best fighters of its time.
And most of the trouble it had was against the Folland Gnat, the major problem being that the Gnat was just too damn small, making it very hard for PAF pilots to see.

I think the JF-17 has BVR.
I'm sure a senior member could elaborate.

1965 and 1971

Friend look at it from a broad prospective, PAF has the largest fleet of Mirages in the world. UAE had 20 Qatar has 15 or so.

Sir I thought there were some 60 plus Mirages in Qatar thats why I thought about replacement.

It seems that J-11 is the answer ... Are we expediting the orders for F-16s?

its like kicking the middle man out, And that can be a dangerous situation for us.

I would have thought either way it would be a win - if the Rus does not sell directly but through China, it's a win and a secure supply of spares and transfers of technology -- If they sell directly, again, spares from China remain avialable.

Sir I thought there were some 60 plus Mirages in Qatar thats why I thought about replacement.

It seems that J-11 is the answer ... Are we expediting the orders for F-16s?

UAE has 50 and Qatar has 15. Right now only MLUs not B/52

UAE has 50 and Qatar has 15. Right now only MLUs not B/52

Dear sir iam also with j-11 being in PAF colors ! but i really don't think that will happen do you think we will get them? :what:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom