What's new

A picture of Indian Secularism - Happy Janmashtami

Will try to get some pics for sure. I will go there in the afternoon. Menu is place dependent... here last time we had

Puri
Sahi Paneer
Kheer
Pakode
Kaddu ki sabji
Raita

I guess thandai too.. :-)

Here you go...

ApMCEewj1scIp1qo_zP7Y7gaqbMZuGLIoRvHjylro-Rx.jpg

Happy Janamasthmi!!!! Will go for delicious bhandara today at ISCON...They prepare lovely food..
Ap-FHCWcQpc2iX3FO9iTfBfngiFtHsj4qT0LGYCUaGfo.jpg

Raita,
Puri
Sahi Paneer
Aloo Subji
Aloo Chat
Gulab Jamun
Thandai

what happy Janmashtami? Girls don't appreciate it when I play Raas Leela with them these days. They threaten with police action. :pissed:
Because you are doing it on wrong day...Rasleela is associated mostly with holi..Janamasthmi is about birth..
Ab kishanji jo paida to hone do pehle...

I am not talking about nationalism here.I am talking about religion.by your point minorities in Pakistan or any where in the world should practice majority religion also.otherwise they are not true patriotic.
Nice Indian logic.
You guys should force all Muslims in India who a're not worshiping ram or celebrating his birthday to prove their Indianness.
in here we indians celebrate each other religions or festivals bcos we are all from same soil ,as muslims celebrate diwali, janmashtami, raksha bandan etc, hindus celebrate eid , muharam, bakra eid etc, so its not nationalism its call brotherhoood we always thr for each other during rough and smooth part of life

The Muslim woman was probably scared that if she doesn't participate in Hindu festival, she might be raped or her family will be killed by Hindus.

We all know the picture of indian secularism where Muslims are most backward, most uneducated, most poor, and most food-deprived group in all of india.
Doesn't that remind you of Pakistan? :azn:

This is secularism? ?????? Dressing upon as pagan clowns

Have some shame indian muslims beghairati ki aad hoti hai

What's the big deal about pictures? These kids were probably into some kind of fancy dress competition or stage play. Many Christian missionary schools also hold these kind of acts on/before Christmas days while kids irrespective of their religion play the roles of Mother Mary and other characters....

Ya man, don't read much into it. It was in reply to a poster who went bonkers talking about rape etc....

The Muslim woman was probably scared that if she doesn't participate in Hindu festival, she might be raped or her family will be killed by Hindus.

We all know the picture of indian secularism where Muslims are most backward, most uneducated, most poor, and most food-deprived group in all of india (according to Indian authorities own official surveys. Can post link if somebody doesn't believe me.)

Did you jerk off of that you sadistic POS. Also goes for the guys who liked it???

I am not talking about nationalism here.I am talking about religion.by your point minorities in Pakistan or any where in the world should practice majority religion also.otherwise they are not true patriotic.
Nice Indian logic.
You guys should force all Muslims in India who a're not worshiping ram or celebrating his birthday to prove their Indianness.

Unfortunately for you, nobody forced them and we don't do that. That happens only you know where!!!
Finally, religion is inconsequential and just a mere belief held by humans to justify their stupidity, fear and existential qualms. This is about respect... But then who am I talking to.. all this is too much madrassa education

There are clearly 2 ways to look at this.

One way is the way Indians are looking at it, the way that interprets this as secularism and pluralism and an egalitarian society, that a muslim out of respect for the hindus muslims dress as hindus and this is an example of the love between the two.

But there is another argument, the Islamic argument. There are arguments that Islamically it is not allowed to dress up overtly as non muslim Gods and Goddesses and it is disallowed promoting their culture and lifestyle. Many muslims will view this negatively.

Which way a normal person looks at this picture is based on the persons upbringing, religion and thinking. Indians need to focus on not swallowing other religions (ie same laws for Sikhs, Jains and Budhism and treatment of them as a branch of Hinduism) so that muslims dress up as hindus but to try and let Islam and muslims thrive equally with their own culture and traditions. This shows a weak policy, insecurity and pettiness and some muslims will definitely not agree with this kind of thing. Muslims shouldn't have to give up their culture. This may represent religious harmony for many but the image also portrays the gradual elimination of Islamic customs and thought process in Indian occupied regions.

they are indian and they have same culture though the religion may differ.
Culture is something often reliant on religion. Muslim men have a culture to keep beards. Muslim women have a culture of covering up in burka's or scarves or abayas. Denying us our culture, our unique identity in favor of this we are all one is a mistake. As a Lucknowi I do not understand the insecurity of hindu Indians who want to label all in some or another way Hindu. It is a mistake and a misguided and insecure policy. It is best to understand that culture may be decided partly by geographic location and demography it is also decided by their dominant religion.

ours is a very powerful culture and it will take you into its grip.. Intolrance and fundamentalism can not save you from being influenced by this culture of colors of love and Human emotion. It is not only Indian Muslims who are getting influenced but whole world is embracing it very fast Including Pakistan but I do not want to go into that detail to start trollin. Meanwhile Enjoy the Holi at Harward.

Culture is something often reliant on religion. Muslim men have a culture to keep beards. Muslim women have a culture of covering up in burka's or scarves or abayas. Denying us our culture, our unique identity in favor of this we are all one is a mistake. As a Lucknowi I do not understand the insecurity of hindu Indians who want to label all in some or another way Hindu. It is a mistake and a misguided and insecure policy. It is best to understand that culture may be decided partly by geographic location and demography it is also decided by their dominant religion.

This is the problem with Pakistanis. For you, Religion shapes everything.... culture, traditions and the NATION itself...

No wonder when that picture of an Arab in a Hindu temple was posted few days back, all of you went berserk.

Look at Turkey. I have been to Istanbul and trust me, it is more secular than many places even in India. Now don't call them non-muslims

Hindu word itself means people from this land. Indian muslims have many traditions and cultures same as Hindus. Because end of the day, you all were converted from Hinduism/ Buddhism to Islam. Its not that for 3000 y3eras before Mohammed, guys like you were aliens. Hinduism/ Jainism/ Buddhism are integral part of this land.

Arabs have no problem with Hindu temples, Indonesia have many monuments / even paper currency having Hindu gods, why is it that always you Pakistanis have problem with secularism?

BTW, A child wearing a hindu outfit is a non-muslim according to you, still he is 10000 times better than true muslims who blow up mosques and kill fellow Muslims in Iraq/ Pakistan/ Saudi Arabia or Syria.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom