What's new

6 things I hate about PAKISTAN

It's a shame but the clergy is busy eating halwa and talking part in politics.

its the Clergy who order their minions to do that , write down Allah and Rasool , or Nara-e-Farooqi etc on the walls under which dogs and cats pee and poo ..

She is being polite.

Pakistanis are bunch of illiterate, uncivilised, stupid herd of baboons. Deprived of any wisdom and manners. And we seriously need a Pakistan Education Movement instead Pashtun Tahafuz Movement and blah blah.

Ask any Pakistani Muslim and he will lecture you how Gog Magog or Yajooj Majooj are going to destroy ever crop and water reservoir and would bring destruction upon any region they go ........... and then show them the photos of what they did to places and meadows they visited. Plastic bottles, plastic bags, plastic wrappers, plastic everything is left behind in those places ...... I don't know why the sick minds of Pakistanis enjoy this but seriously they have destroyed every place that was opened for them to visit.

Last edited:
No one wants this
Imran Khan wants that...or at least that is his wish and he has said that quite a few times but federal govt cannot intervene in provincial and local govt other than KPK and Punjab.
Punjab has a lot more of mess in bureaucracy than in the streets due to political appointments by PMLn govt.

When did you last visit?

We dont have underground drainage :unsure:

We are a nation that can easily forget to build in a drainage system in something like a mega project called metro bus!

Let us just say that the "aromas" continue to get stronger as the population increases. No photograph can capture that assault on the senses.

No one wants this
Why not? Everyone WANTS that. Whether we are working to make that happen is a different story. :)

My observations are the same. We need to improve ourselves in these areas if we really want a sustainable tourism industry

She is right about most part! A couple of things that i do not agree with.

However, to me a positive take away is that if the six things a tourist HATES about us include how we cut or salad or put salt on fruit or add oil to our food!! we are actually doing pretty damn good.

@waz

Why not? Everyone WANTS that. Whether we are working to make that happen is a different story. :)

She is right about most part! A couple of things that i do not agree with.

However, to me a positive take away is that if the six things a tourist HATES about us include how we cut or salad or put salt on fruit or add oil to our food!! we are actually doing pretty damn good.

@waz
Cutting salad or extra oil is her liking/disliking. This salad thing is a bit exaggeration because in my family [in Pakistan] salad means finely cut or chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies, cucumber, carrots which are then doused in apple cider vinegar & lemon and then rinsed with water and sprinkled with olive oil and pinch of salt.

About oil and extra cooking the food, I must say that makes the food unhealthy. Pakistani overcook the food which destroys essential nutrients (mostly vitamins & minerals).

However, one point she forgot is the lack of nice public toilets. It is really a horrible experience while travelling in Pakistan that often the public toilets lack sanitation... there are no toilet paper and cleanliness is horrible.. People do not flush after using but in many case the flushing system is out of order and no one repairs them for years.

Installation of waste bins or trash cans in the cities...

When did you last visit?

We dont have underground drainage :unsure:

We are a nation that can easily forget to build in a drainage system in something like a mega project called metro bus!
Well this particular sewer can easily be covered with concrete slabs

Cutting salad or extra oil is her liking/disliking. This salad thing is a bit exaggeration because in my family [in Pakistan] salad means finely cut or chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies, cucumber, carrots which are then doused in apple cider vinegar & lemon and then rinsed with water and sprinkled with olive oil and pinch of salt.

About oil and extra cooking the food, I must say that makes the food unhealthy. Pakistani overcook the food which destroys essential nutrients (mostly vitamins & minerals).

However, one point she forgot is the lack of nice public toilets. It is really a horrible experience while travelling in Pakistan that often the public toilets lack sanitation... there are no toilet paper and cleanliness is horrible.. People do not flush after using but in many case the flushing system is out of order and no one repairs them for years.

Installation of waste bins or trash cans in the cities...

Well this particular sewer can easily be covered with concrete slabs
Agreed man. Most of the things she mentioned are actually not SOCIAL ISSUES that we should be worried about, they are more like personal likes and dislikes. It is like saying that i hate England because their hot dogs are made from pork! You don't hate a country for such things. There are many REAL issues she could have mentioned but since she have not, i said that "me must be doing really well" :P. YOU have mentioned one of those things already. There is a long list of SMALL things that need to be improved and things because of which tourists might not like Pakistan.

Agreed man. Most of the things she mentioned are actually not SOCIAL ISSUES that we should be worried about, they are more like personal likes and dislikes. It is like saying that i hate England because their hot dogs are made from pork! You don't hate a country for such things. There are many REAL issues she could have mentioned but since she have not, i said that "me must be doing really well" :P. YOU have mentioned one of those things already. There is a long list of SMALL things that need to be improved and things because of which tourists might not like Pakistan.
Toilets, cleanliness, hygiene, corruption / do nambar items are not personal likes or dislikes rather social things..while food we can say is a personal like or dislike but even that is kind of social because it is "practiced" by the majority.
I think you have missed her sincerity. She is presenting her own observations as a tourist and she loves Pakistan and has been more times here than to any other country. She is not taking the line towed by western media or anti-Pakistani libtards who would make false claims about terrorism, intolerance, forced conversions, oppression of minorities as issues which most of the tourists do not find as portrayed by the aforementioned.

Toilets, cleanliness, hygiene, corruption / do nambar items are not personal likes or dislikes rather social things..while food we can say is a personal like or dislike but even that is kind of social because it is "practiced" by the majority.
I think you have missed her sincerity. She is presenting her own observations as a tourist and she loves Pakistan and has been more times here than to any other country. She is not taking the line towed by western media or anti-Pakistani libtards who would make false claims about terrorism, intolerance, forced conversions, oppression of minorities as issues which most of the tourists do not find as portrayed by the aforementioned.
Oh no i am not doubting her sincerity (even though i dont know her but that how i am). I am just saying, as i said in the first post here, some of the points are personal likes and dislikes and i wont be too worried if those are the worst things people have to say about us. Also i have mentioned that there are a lot of other things that people might not like us for, some of them include the things you mentioned, public toilets, cleanliness, hygiene, corruption etc etc. I will add lack on discipline on roads, bus stops, even airports. Also people not following the rules/laws. These are the real things i will worry about and want these to be corrected. Saying this from a tourist point of view!

Back
Top Bottom