What's new

5 countries invited to bid for Croatia fighter buy

If they have been happy flying Mig-21s so far, JF-17 would make a huge upgrade for its ageing, clearly inferior and outdated fleet.
And You as everyone else knows that it is not going to happen for well known (good) reasons.
No use beating a dead horse.

sir they literally have all that data on their pitch
but as you said it has not even been considered
why?
has it been evaluated by croatia?
any request for information?
what does that suggest?

to me it only looks like the china link?
if it was a purely indigenous design without china or any other country NATO or US is threatened by

then perhaps croatia would have file a request for information
which would further culminate into the required standards and requirements of croatia

what i make of what you are saying is that JF-17 even after completing croatian requirements and being cost efficient is not considered because of ............... not being upto the standard while it literally comes up to the standards required by croatia

of which i am saying is that it is because it has a chinese links and croatia will not buy it because of being a NATO member

regards

It is not considered because of poor marketing by Pakistan of an inferior solution.
Pakistan has not tried to sell the product to Croatia.
It has not analyzed the needs of Croatia.
It has not adapted the JF-17 to the needs of Croatia.

And You as everyone else knows that it is not going to happen for well known (good) reasons.

It is not considered because of poor marketing by Pakistan of an inferior solution.
because it has not been invited
the OP clearly says that 5 countries have been "invited" to bid for
of course its inferior to f-16s and gripens and other aircrafts you have in europe
but it does the job and does it cheap

so why not considered?
why not invited?
because of its being half chinese

sir why is that so hard to understand

f-16a-netz-andreas_zeitler_thru_airlinersdotnet1.jpg

F16 Netz now retired

because it has not been invited
the OP clearly says that 5 countries have been "invited" to bid for
of course its inferior to f-16s and gripens and other aircrafts you have in europe
but it does the job and does it cheap

so why not considered?
why not invited?
because of its being half chinese

sir why is that so hard to understand

It is not "hard to understand".
I simply do not think that this is the reason.
There were plenty of countries not invited.

It is not "hard to understand".
I simply do not think that this is the reason.
There were plenty of countries not invited.
well what we think is usually not the the truth
perhaps we both are wrong
regards.

Your words will come back to haunt you. Insha Allah. Thunder is slated to be the Mig-21 of 21st century. Watch out for Block 3.

the proof is in the pudding
if JF-17 was truly 4th generation and available at $30 million there should be tons of customers

If they have been happy flying Mig-21s so far, JF-17 would make a huge upgrade for its ageing, clearly inferior and outdated fleet.

China has not replaced their J-7 with JF-17. they operate 500+ J-7s. J-7 is Chinese variant of the MiG-21. Why should Croatia ?

the proof is in the pudding
if JF-17 was truly 4th generation and available at $30 million there should be tons of customers

China has not replaced their J-7 with JF-17. they operate 500+ J-7s. J-7 is Chinese variant of the MiG-21. Why should Croatia ?
rafale is a 4.5 gen either as both have just 2 customers(same as jf-17 with Nigeria and Myanmar) infact if i count the first 7 years of its operation there were zero export customers, so i doubt rafale is even a 3rd gen AC
as France still has not replaced all of its mirages with it, this is also true for typhoon, as Austria have retired them and is opting for f-16s

you have to act like a fool to talk to fool

they need a NATO standard aircraft
do you see a mig 29/su 35?
JF-17....????
:sad::sad::sad::sad:

for thunder to prevail in western market, Pakistan will need to entirely revamp it to western standard meaning replacement of the engine and most of radar and avionics.
even if pakistan achieve this, small NATO countries will not buy it because USA will simply block the sale due to fact that atlleast some of equipment is built in Pakistan, as things stand now i will surpise if they even block a purely pakistani piece of equipment like a Super Mushak

on the contrary i think even advertisement of jf-17 in western block is waste of money and should be done, let alone expecting a sale

JF-17 has a very limited market because most countries have disbanded their air force, the market lies in Africa, part of south east asia(which is not out of far due to chinese sea issue), latin america(worsening economy) and in tuff block of muslim countries divided by strong USA and russian presence

so i doubt JF-17 is going to get many export customers, my guess 3-4 countries and around 100
in Myanmar, Nigeria, may be Azerbaijan, srilanka(if it doesnt scumb to india), Egypt(a near sale now unlikley),an odd African Muslim block country, may a latin american country, unlikely but possibly a GCC country

but it wasn't built for export, it was built for PAF
but again how many countries got the ideal gripen in vast NATO allied countries market, not many(hungry/Czech on lease the very many excess of Swedish aircrafts, Thailand ~13, south africa, future brazil)

Last edited:
rafale is a 4.5 gen either as both have just 2 customers(same as jf-17 with Nigeria and Myanmar) infact if i count the first 7 years of its operation there were zero export customers, so i doubt rafale is even a 3rd gen AC
as France still has not replaced all of its mirages with it, this is also true for typhoon, as Austria have retired them and is opting for f-16s

you have to act like a fool to talk to fool

The only combat aircraft in French air force are Rafale and Mirage-2000
The upgraded Mirage-2000 is 4th generation combat aircraft. It is not the same as the 2nd & 3rd gen Mirage III and Mirage-5 the PAF operates

I do not know how good the Rafale is. i know the rafale is bloody expensive. That explains the zero export customers

The JF-17 lack of customers ought to concern you

The only combat aircraft in French air force are Rafale and Mirage-2000
The upgraded Mirage-2000 is 4th generation combat aircraft. It is not the same as the 2nd & 3rd gen Mirage III and Mirage-5 the PAF operates

I do not know how good the Rafale is. i know the rafale is bloody expensive. That explains the zero export customers

The JF-17 lack of customers ought to concern you
no no, fact that rafale didnt replace all mirage2000 is a proof that rafale isnt a 4.5 gen aircraft.

are you telling me middle east, europe are poor? typhoon didnt had issues with export

regarding JF-17. what do you mean lack of customers?, in short spam of 8 years jf-17 has 3 customers that is equal to rafale in 3 decades, rafale was without an export customer for 25 years

no no, fact that rafale didnt replace all mirage2000 is a proof that rafale isnt a 4.5 gen aircraft.

are you telling me middle east, europe are poor? typhoon didnt had issues with export

regarding JF-17. what do you mean lack of customers?, in short spam of 8 years jf-17 has 3 customers that is equal to rafale in 3 decades, rafale was without an export customer for 25 years
The Indian air Force had a choice of 6 combat aircraft - typhoon, rafale, f-16,f-18, gripen and mig-35. The fact the rafale won speaks for itself.

The Indian air Force had a choice of 6 combat aircraft - typhoon, rafale, f-16,f-18, gripen and mig-35. The fact the rafale won speaks for itself.
Considering India only bought 36 out of the planned 126,
once the real price became apparent, You could say there were 7 losers.
The manufacturers and India.
Now SAAB or LM together with India can become the real winner.

Considering India only bought 36 out of the planned 126,
once the real price became apparent, You could say there were 7 losers.
The manufacturers and India.
Now SAAB or LM together with India can become the real winner.

India had a choice - they choose the Rafale. I cannot comment on whether it was the best decision
The technology transfer on F-16 was non-existent. there was no chance of F-16 being selected.
The Gripen was/is dependent upon American engine. Is that correct ?

India had a choice - they choose the Rafale. I cannot comment on whether it was the best decision
The technology transfer on F-16 was non-existent. there was no chance of F-16 being selected.
The Gripen was/is dependent upon American engine. Is that correct ?

The Gripen C is dependent on the same engine as Tejas Mk1A.
The Gripen E is dependent on the same engine as Tejas Mk 2.
GE has offered production of 40-60% their engine and assembly in India.
The US has approved export of US made parts for Gripen to India.
If the renewed Kaveri project succeeds, India may perhaps use that in Gripen as well.
A successful Kaveri project could be considered a partial win for India of course.

India had a requirement in MMRCA for an AESA radar.
This was only to be available in Gripen E, which was too far off in 2011.

Sir, since you are very well informed about NATO standard, please do comparison between JF17 and NATO standard to understand us where JF17 standing, otherwise i think either NATO standard is a myth created by west or JF17 really misses the target. Please tell us Where JF17 as per NATO or i will consider your statements not as per PDF standard. Thank you

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom